Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13, 5:K10, 4:BD4.2, 3:A12, 2:W500, 1:SE5U)
Nov 2, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #706 of 1,062
Quite a shame.. the W500 actually sounds best with EDM, IMO. :wink:  

Lol. I'm sure the bass comes in handy for other genres as well.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #707 of 1,062
Lol. I'm sure the bass comes in handy for other genres as well.

No kidding. The bass on the W500 is handy on many genre.

meanwhile, I am sad to know Spiral Ears aren't here in Malaysia. :frowning2:

I am curious of that model too, just like the Vision Ears VE5, which has been reported to have spine-chilling vocals.

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #708 of 1,062
No kidding. The bass on the W500 is handy on many genre.

meanwhile, I am sad to know Spiral Ears aren't here in Malaysia. :frowning2:

I am curious of that model too, just like the Vision Ears VE5, which has been reported to have spine-chilling vocals.

Spiral ears isnt available anywhere lol. Iirc the only way of ordering is through Grzegorz - the owner.

Spine chilling vocals? Ve5 or se5ref or se5u?

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #709 of 1,062
Spiral ears isnt available anywhere lol. Iirc the only way of ordering is through Grzegorz - the owner.

Spine chilling vocals? Ve5 or se5ref or se5u?

Buuu.... T_T

And it's the VE5 from Vision Ears I am talking about.

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #711 of 1,062
Not sure if it's my rig or something but I feel that the fitear mh334 has pretty solid mids. Very emotional yet clear. Maybe you could try that and the ve5?

Ve5 should be available at E1 and mh334 demo should be at jaben

Holy balls, that pricing. :O

But damn...it looks promising. I'll like to see if I can audition that. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #712 of 1,062
I am going to use this thread to post brief feelimgs on iems I tested today in HK. There were all tested briefly, 5-15mn depending on my appreciation, out of the X7 with iem amp.

I tried the Campfire Audio Lyra first, and really liked it. For a musical, well built and well balanced iem, you can't go wrong with this, one of my favorites of the day.

I then tried the Aurisonics Harmony, didn't do much for me. Hybrids such as the Oriolus sound clearly better IMHO.

Then I checked the Fitear (I own the 335) Monet 17, Aya and 335SR. The SR is the too, like the 335 but with more balance and sparkle up top, the Monet 17 is impressive but a bit aggressive on the highs. The Aya is just ok if you consider competition at this price.

After Jaben, I went to visit Rhapsodio and tried the RT2 and the Solar. The RT2 has aa very spacious and dynamic airy sound. But it is unforgiving of bad recording and high tend to become screechy them.

The Solar is the star of the day, the only one I want to buy. Great built, a bit large, perfect balance, smooth and musical, spacious, tight and layered bass, great transparent mids, smooth yet extended highs. Loved it. Only from memory, I preferred it over the K10.

Glad to read you liked the Solar that much Mimouille
smily_headphones1.gif

And a very nice set up you had over there...

If my memory serves me well, you are not a cable believer. But (out of curiosity) did you audition it with the ''standard'' RSD copper litz cable or with another one?
beerchug.gif

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #713 of 1,062
Glad to read you liked the Solar that much Mimouille :)
And a very nice set up you had over there...

If my memory serves me well, you are not a cable believer. But (out of curiosity) did you audition it with the ''standard'' RSD copper litz cable or with another one?
:beerchug:
You'd have to ask Sammy, no idea what cable it was. Certainly unicorn tail threads.

Nov 2, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #717 of 1,062
Nov 2, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #720 of 1,062
After Jaben, I went to visit Rhapsodio and tried the RT2 and the Solar. The RT2 has aa very spacious and dynamic airy sound. But it is unforgiving of bad recording and high tend to become screechy them.

Nice description of the RTi2. Warm, but not suffocatingly so because of the good presentation. But yes there's a bit of a v shape and added treble to compensate for the warmth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back