Fischer Audio FA-011
Feb 23, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #16 of 64
I actually PM'ed "LFF" to let me know when he received th FA-011's in his possession-he said he would do so. A good guess though on delivery times from Russia is that he probably wouldn't get these until the end of this week or the beginning of next, so the soonest that you'll proably see even initial impressions would be the end of next week.

Mar 3, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #19 of 64
How did you order the FA-011? I don't even see them listed under the Master Series.

Oh wait, was looking on the wrong site. Looking forward to some impressions. It does say closed though, doesn't it? Those look wide open to me!!

Mar 10, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #25 of 64
I'm still waiting guys...

I'll be sure to post a review ASAP.

On a side note, I have another review coming up very soon...  :wink:

Mar 10, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #26 of 64
I'd actually put an order in for these over at GD Audiobase last week, but some issues with the payment system killed that, so I'm just holding off for another week to pick up a set of the -002w cans from Dmitry instead.  Interested to see what impressions on the -011s are.

Mar 12, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #27 of 64
Yep.. looking forward to your review, LFF.. I'll probably by a pair in the next month or so anyways.. I love my 004s w/ a 75 ohm impedance adapter.. the 011 looks fantastic too.

Mar 12, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #28 of 64
@flysweep hey bro, do yoiu recommend the fa-004 for a fun portable can? =) lastly, what portable amp/dac would you guys recommend for fa-003 and 004 then ill be all set for probably a year ^^ thanks! Is it better to get a dac wow+pa2v2 or just get either ibasso or e7?

Mar 12, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #29 of 64
@flysweep hey bro, do yoiu recommend the fa-004 for a fun portable can? =) lastly, what portable amp/dac would you guys recommend for fa-003 and 004 then ill be all set for probably a year ^^ thanks! Is it better to get a dac wow+pa2v2 or just get either ibasso or e7?

YES.. I definitely recommend the 004 as a fun, portable can.. but don't expect any kind of isolation.  The leak very little sound out (being closed, as they are).. but also let a fair amount of sound in.. so, it depends on your needs & where you'll be using them.  They lightweight and sturdy enough for use on the go, but I wouldn't plan on going to war with them.  Despite having the DBA, Silver Bullet, & the 003.. I use the 004s as my cans to go to sleep to.. cause they're detailed, yet very smooth & relaxing.. bass doesn't thump like a sub (but has good impact), it's a more airy "whoomp".. reminds me a bit of how the SB bass is.. enveloping, hypnotic, cozy.

Re: a portable DAC/AMP, again.. it depends on your budget.. I love my Headstage Arrow 3G.. it handily blows any portable amp under 500 AWAY.  Calling it portable would be an insult.. it's practically invisible.  LOVE the auto on/off (one less thing to click, flick, or press), it has arguably the finest bass boost EVER implemented in a portable amp, other great little tweaks (literally) at your fingertips, it looks so damn slick, has awesome battery life, and is VERY transparent.  You're just not going to find something this wel built often.. so why waste your money on something else, when you'll probably end up working your way up to an Arrow in 6 months anyways?  :)

Read the threads on it, it deserves all the praise it garners.  It's robust and powerful enough to use as a desktop amp, actually.  I'll save you the incremental upgrades and itches to get "something else" after you spend 50-150 on a portable.. save up and just get the Arrow.. it's built with such elegance and sounds gorgeous.  I use it with my DBA, SB, 003, & 004 all the time.. it's freakishly transparent so it pairs quite well with those phones..  For $300, I'd consider it a BARGAIN.

Yep, I'm hyping it a lot, but I also own it can vouch for it's greatness.  $300 isn't chump change to me but every time I turn it on, I pat myself on the back for buying it.. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back