Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Aug 12, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #61 of 2,161
FOTM - Flavour of the month or when a iem gets talked about a lot over a short period of time and then vanishes.

Aug 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #63 of 2,161
Quote:
FOTM - Flavour of the month or when a iem gets talked about a lot over a short period of time and then vanishes.

These are not yet at the FOTM point.
Many FOTM IEM'S live very long  forum lives after they  hit their peak. As there are reasons why they become FOTM, examples being incredible good buy for the quality/sound, or just an amazing iem/headphone that everyone wants instantly or so it is perceived by the community that way.

FOTM's that have hit their peak are usually in the for sale section, often in multiple quantities.

These are nowhere near that, and strike me as keepers from the impressions I have read.

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #66 of 2,161
What the Hell, who let all these people in.
blink.gif

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #67 of 2,161
Quote:

Not according to Head-Fi stats: 52 posts (including yours—and now 53) and only 1556 views in just over two months. Perhaps Mr Kurdt-bada is quite happy keeping this thread in relative obscurity?

My suggestion for Mr Kurdt-bada, if he wants to have more people interested in this thread, is, for one thing, to change the thread title to something more or less like this: "Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany" (using capital letters is usually not a bad idea in these instances)

Quote:
Edited lets see how hype grows
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
What the Hell, who let all these people in.
blink.gif

IT'S WORKING!! 
deadhorse.gif

Aug 13, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #69 of 2,161
Looks like I might try this IEM after all. And also get a reshell if possible :D

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #70 of 2,161
It will be wise for yourself to reshell and avoid the 3 years of warranty lol,<- sorry dude i thought you were from the thread ciem in which had a discussuon about warranties and reshells. Yes it would be great if you reshell your gr07 and try the fa!

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #72 of 2,161
Nope 3 years is included in that price you dont have to pay anything to get this extra warranty. shipping cost at least in europe is free and is dhl, dont know how long last fischer warranty.

with this sq, fit, isolation build quality and 3 years of warranty is the best choice i've ever made in iems by FAR. you can get for 350 euros the sm3v2 with one year of crappy warranty, opening shells, another build quality issues and bad sound compared to these plus shipping. Or the um3x at the same price with nozzle issues and not very good construction and clearly inferior sq, the same with shure 535 cost the same great build quality but horrible sound compared to these. To me it's a no brainer.

No prob

Aug 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #73 of 2,161
Quote:
??? Three years is longer than most manufacturers.
Is this one of those extra cost warranties the dealer sells (not from the mfg)?

How long is the warranty from Fisher?

Quote:
Nope 3 years is included in that price you dont have to pay anything to get this extra warranty. shipping cost at least in europe is free and is dhl, dont know how long last fischer warranty.

If you purchase these IEMs directly from Fischer Amps, you get a 2-year warranty (see pic below [taken from one of Kurdt-bada's own pics found on the first post of this thread]); if you buy from Thomann, you get a 3-year warranty (no added charges for the extra year you get).

Note on shipping: although shipping is handled by DHL in Germany when ordering from Thomann, this must not be confused with DHL's 24-48hr courier-type shipping, which is much more expensive (think FedEx here). Thomann's DHL shipping is the equivalent of your country's ordinary postal service, but Thomann do use a DHL service that provides a tracking number (think USPS if you live in the USA) which requires a signature on delivery.

Aug 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #75 of 2,161
Scraped some funding together and just ordered a pair. Was a bit of a pain, buying from the States, credit card warnings about fraudulent activity and all. In the end I had to call my credit card and tell them it was all okay. Then I had to email attachments to Thomann with images of my drivers license and credit card (most numbers blocked out) for it all to proceed.
Didn't have this much trouble when I ordered the SD3 from them, perhaps they recently got burned.

Anyway, hopefully all this was worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back