Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Jul 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #16 of 2,161
check this link also http://www.head-fi.org/t/660493/fischer-amps-fa-3e-xb-impressions the case is the same, but as you can see they are like a custom universal, in my hands they look way better than the um3x or the sm3 v2 and construction feels more solid. In this price range you wont find a better compromise between deep bass, excellent mids and crystal clear detailed highs. Maybe something more neutral like the 4ai would be in the same league i dont know, but these sound so good that i forgot to check new iems, and that deep bass come from 2 back vented balanced drivers

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #18 of 2,161
Its the pearl from effect studio i prefer the stock cable in sound,while the pearl improve the bass mids clarity and sounstage it kill the highs and the fischer highs are very good to be tamed

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #19 of 2,161
My friend took this pic of his fa4e

ura8enaq.jpg

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #20 of 2,161
Kurdt Bada, How close is the soundstage to say the Sony ex1000?

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #22 of 2,161
got my custom tips today for the fischer amps fa 4e xb sound is incredible they are compatible with my ex 1000 too and the sound is very good too, but the fischer amps fa 4e xb with custom tips sound is simply amazing best ive heard by far can't find any weakness

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #24 of 2,161
wow wellcome to the club! ill be waiting for your impressions,  try the comply t500 in medium first! custom tips provide the same bright sound of the comply and the bass of the silicone...the soundstage and separation are also improve, awesome

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #28 of 2,161
Quote:
Hi cecala still deciding?

Yes and no, I'm 80% convinced this is what I need. I know in the end it comes to personnel taste regarding sound quality. I just do not want what I had previously  i.e. IE8. I want what this phone never had. Detail, sparkly highs with no roll-off and tight controlled bass. Soundstage was the only good attribute going for the IE8.  I'm really waiting for Cowon to replace the J3 or Z2 or Sony to replace the Z series and then I will treat myself with a new set of ear phones as well.
Regarding phones I'm still deciding between the above, Heir A4i and the Audio Technika ATH-CK100 PRO. The Audio Technika's are on sale now at Amazon Japan for a steal.
But keep on posting as you might push me over the edge. I do find the Fisher Amps very intriguing. It's strange however that there aren't too many reviews and will wait to see what mrhizzo has to say when he gets his fresh pair to compare to the PH 232.

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #29 of 2,161
cool let's wait to see mrhizzo opinion i guess the heir 4ai and the ck 100 pro have less bass than the fischer amps you have to think about that too...yes it's weird they are very new and they are on sale only in 2 places on the net and one is only in german lenguage, anyway it's a pity you can't try them in other places to see what they are capable of

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #30 of 2,161
Everything you have stated in your review makes me want to buy them, it really sounds like what I want. You have made a very convincing argument to their sound quality and the like Although I would prefer to get a second or confirming word to this. In the end you have said that they are as good or better in some regards as the Sony EX1000 and this bodes well as the phone is very highly regarded around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back