Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Aug 14, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #91 of 2,161
It's what i thought anyway if vat is discounted you will pay more or less the same as us with taxes which is great, we normally pay taxes and the total amount... but if you don't pay any taxes as Carlsan it's a bargain

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #92 of 2,161
Quote:
It's what i thought anyway if vat is discounted you will pay more or less the same as us with taxes which is great, we normally pay taxes and the total amount... but if you don't pay any taxes as Carlsan it's a bargain

Agreed.
I have never been hit with import duties either, fingers crossed.

As for the SD3, I don't think the bass is overwhelming. Actually I'm rather dissapointed in the sub-bass, but it does sound better when you have a real tight seal.
I like the SD3, and it does do a great job with rock and pop genres. Jazz and classical also sound natural. It has a quick attack, and so handles fast music  really well. Those are all the pluses. Bass is fast and punchy but not overly deep or thick.

I'm expecting more from the FA-4.

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #93 of 2,161
I feel the fischer amps have the whole package in sound and if you add some custom tips which take the best of these iems and put all together i can't imagine a much better iem.

the name xb can lie a bit about the soundsig not because bass is great in quantity quality and punch as everything else, but i think the real deal of this iems are the highs with great sparkle and detail but never sibilant and when i say never ive only heard sibilance when i tried an aftermarket copper cable and my ibasso d4, highs go where none of my iems has been for example the ex1000 are more sibilant but dont reach as higher and are less detailed. So i guess comparations with the sd3 will be more casual than neccesary i feel these iems don't share close signatures at all, which is better technically we will see in your opinion, burtonchell opinion is up there too.

This explanation can make people think these iems are v shape sounding but no, mids are perfectly balanced and never shadowed by the rest of the frequencies the mids have a touch of warm with excellent voices and transparency. Another great thing of the fa is the timbre very reslistic, to me the only disadvantage is that the sound sometimes it's a bit dry.

By the way didn't find a genre in which these iems dont shine, of course bad quality recordings but they are tolerant with them and add punch to those drums and sparkle to the cymbals in that punk rock bad recorded stuff.

Of course it's my opinion you have better quality iems than i like the asg2 or the 1plus2 let's see how they hold with them

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #94 of 2,161
Quote:
Of course it's my opinion you have better quality iems than i like the asg2 or the 1plus2 let's see how they hold with them

From what I've read there seems to be quite varied views on the ASG2, not all good.

Aug 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #95 of 2,161
As i really can't tell between sub bass and bass let's see if i can learn to differentiate between both...

i am watching this is england movie the first song and the reagge version of louie louie sounded incredible through these iems and have a lot of percussion and bass rythm how can i know which of these notes are bass and which sub bass? maybe i can explain a bit how is sub bass in these iems.

About how sounded you can hear the percussion and drums crashing while everything sounds super clear, voices in front...great instrument separation huge soundstage and textured bass rythms, truly espectacular to be fair music really comes alive.

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #96 of 2,161
Aug 16, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #98 of 2,161
Hi guys,

I currently own a Shure SE530 and am interested in getting IEMs. How do you guys think the FA-4 E XB would compare to the SE530? I overall like the sound of the SE530, but I think the soundstage of the SE530 could be wider (many times it sounds like the music is at the center of my head, and I would like it if it sounded more spacious) and I guess it could sound a bit more detailed (I guess that's due to the treble roll-off in the SE530). What I do like about the SE530 is that the sound is not fatiguing, it's easy listening and enjoyable and there's plenty of bass (really depends on the song though).

So what do you guys think?

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #99 of 2,161
Fischer Amps FA-4E XB  (Grey)​
 ​
Will Post initial impressions later today or tomorrow.
 ​
 ​

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #100 of 2,161
Looking forward to your thoughts here Music_4321, please also add remakes regards build quality and isolation when ready.
Studying your (wow) profile suggests that we will get a comprehensive review as you own the AKG K3003 and many other good items. Top notch comparison to be had to the Fischers - we will see.
I noticed you had and sold the Audio Technica CK100 phone, I am myself considering the CK100 Pro so even though this is slightly different to the former I will ask my question now, How does it compare to your latest acquisition?
Photos show plenty of detail BTW.

Aug 16, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #101 of 2,161
Quote:
Hi guys,

I currently own a Shure SE530 and am interested in getting IEMs. How do you guys think the FA-4 E XB would compare to the SE530? I overall like the sound of the SE530, but I think the soundstage of the SE530 could be wider (many times it sounds like the music is at the center of my head, and I would like it if it sounded more spacious) and I guess it could sound a bit more detailed (I guess that's due to the treble roll-off in the SE530). What I do like about the SE530 is that the sound is not fatiguing, it's easy listening and enjoyable and there's plenty of bass (really depends on the song though).

So what do you guys think?

I cannot answer your question due to no personal experience although from what I have read here this phone would seem to be better in all the requirements that you seek.
Read the OP's initial review.

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #102 of 2,161
Lot of movement today here guys

Cecala mrhizzo lives in Brazil he ordered the heir 5.0 and the fa 4e xb, people from ups lost his 5.0 parcel and are looking for it his fa arrived but he said the parcel could be stucked in customs 2 or 3 weeks due to the strict laws there.

Carlsan thank you for the links i wll try that you tube videod if my poor 3g connection let me I'm away from Madrid and don't have wifi ive also spent all my 3g speed so i need to wait till sunday to recover that fast speed again

Music 4321 before you post your impressions i truly recommend you to try the comply tips t500 in medium included in the package i think that tips obtain the best sound of the fa apart of my custom tips i don't like the sound of the silicones included in the package, the bad thing of the complys is that bass is tamed a bit. Really like the grey colour you can see the inside better than blue fa as i see in that pics, where did you get them? You didt tell us anything before you received them!

Starfly my first iems were the shure 530 and the um3x, i feel the fa 4e xb are a huge step above in terms on sq compared to the 530 they share that touch of warms in the mids, but sound of the fa is much clearer and detailed, separation is also much improved and soundstage is a tad bigger, the highs are far more extended on the fa and bass has more punch and quantity. There's no really comparation between both the fa are vey new iems with impressive performance in their price range

When i'll have the computer again i'm in holydays i'll upload the music 4321 pictures and all the new impressions of the new users to page number 1

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #104 of 2,161
To celebrate the 100+ post i want to add this ween song to the thread it's called dont get 2 close (2 my fantasy) :wink:

http://youtu.be/CIEj9zEt_cs

Bass drivers look huge compared to the mids and highs drivers

Aug 17, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #105 of 2,161
Quote:
To celebrate the 100+ post i want to add this ween song to the thread it's called dont get 2 close (2 my fantasy)
wink.gif

Do I get a prize for being 100th???
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back