First UE11 Impressions
Feb 12, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #1,546 of 1,600
It's so clear now
smily_headphones1.gif
I completely understand what you are saying and your pain.

From your writing I assume you are in British-English speaking locale so a trip to Irvine California USA sounds like a long trip but if you can make the trip happen then by all means -- do it in person.

Since you have some time before a trip can be arranged I would recommend

a) You talk directly with someone at UE Customer Service or escalate to someone in management. Explain your concern and your recommendation to start all over -- with providing new impressions. Remind UE of your love for music and their company and your respect for their process and the quality of their workmanship. Put all the blame on "an one time event; an one in a million occurrence of a less than stellar refitting" that you are sure would never happen again. And end with "you cannot wait to hear the great music and tell all of your rich friends who love music too!"

B) With a licensed ear doctor have them make TWO sets of impressions.

C) Send both sets of impressions to UE. Two sets so UE can visually inspect them and confirm the impressions are exactly the same and their is no issue with the impression.

D) Have UE do its job and wait

E) Receive new IEMs and enjoy the music.

Hope that helps and I can understand your frustration.

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #1,547 of 1,600
Actually I was there in December. I missed their last opening day before their holidays by 1 single day, which makes it so much more infuriating. Ah well... thanks for the advice btw.

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #1,548 of 1,600
best wishes my friend.

Missed by 1 day -- that's painful.

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #1,549 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if my previous posts were unclear. Basically I have a UE-11 pro now which I have sent back for multiple refits but to no avail. All I have had to pay for are the shipping fees. Now I am seriously contemplating giving up on the refit and just making do with my ill fitting pair till I can make a trip down to UE(not anytime soon). If they were to make me pay for a brand new set then for the refit do you think my outburst is warranted?

Don't settle for an ill fitting pair, If you have had more than one ear impression made then ask UE to cover the cost of shipping both ways. The impression needs to be taken with the mouth wide open with a bite block at ether side between the rear molars. That way you ensure a perfect seal when the mouth is closed (it can be a little too tight at first).

If the impression is correct then the monitor will fit as it is literally machined form a 3D scan of this impression, the margins for error are too small to effect the seal. When spending so much on them they need to be perfect, If they are not do not accept them.

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #1,550 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't settle for an ill fitting pair, If you have had more than one ear impression made then ask UE to cover the cost of shipping both ways. The impression needs to be taken with the mouth wide open with a bite block at ether side between the rear molars. That way you ensure a perfect seal when the mouth is closed (it can be a little too tight at first).

If the impression is correct then the monitor will fit as it is literally machined form a 3D scan of this impression, the margins for error are too small to effect the seal. When spending so much on them they need to be perfect, If they are not do not accept them.

Actually for my better side(the left) when I partly open my mouth the seal gets better. If I close it it shifts and the seal is affected. And I did open mouth impressions. So I am not too sure if open mouth impressions is for me actually. Also when I look up or sideways the seal breaks but I can live with that. My right side is the problematic side.

Get them to cover my international shipping both ways? Not a chance. I doubt they would unless they made a mistake like getting the colour mixed up or something.

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #1,551 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually for my better side(the left) when I partly open my mouth the seal gets better. If I close it it shifts and the seal is affected. And I did open mouth impressions. So I am not too sure if open mouth impressions is for me actually. Also when I look up or sideways the seal breaks but I can live with that. My right side is the problematic side.

Get them to cover my international shipping both ways? Not a chance. I doubt they would unless they made a mistake like getting the colour mixed up or something.

Yeah GTL! Fight for your consumer rights and make sure UE does the right thing for you. Just because you are an international customer does not grant UE the right to push you around.

Feb 13, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #1,553 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. Ue charges around 50.00 to do refits.Your canal will not usually change enough to warrent a complete new monitor.

Yep. Quote from Brad: "If for some reason you need a fit adjustment a few years down the road and they are out of warranty the cost is $50 and we can ad (sic) or shave off material accordingly to your needs."

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #1,554 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geruvah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep. Quote from Brad: "If for some reason you need a fit adjustment a few years down the road and they are out of warranty the cost is $50 and we can ad (sic) or shave off material accordingly to your needs."

In that case I better make sure it fits perfectly lest when I finally can get to UE they decide that my shell needs to be rebuilt completely and they charge me more than $50.

Feb 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #1,555 of 1,600
For all you guys that did refits, if UE were to rebuild them(use new impressions and remake the monitors from scratch) they would state so on the invoice right? Cause now they claimed that they did for mine but the invoice just states that they added something to the aperture and not rebuilt the monitor. Either there is a mix up with the customer service side and the lab or someone is lying to me.

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #1,556 of 1,600
I am looking to buy these and was wondering how they compare bass/sound wise to SE530. I have the SE530 and like the bass but find it a little overpowering. Is the bass on the UE11 on the same level impact wise as the SE530 but just with better treble, therefore balancing the sound more? I don't want less bass, just not to have it overwhelm the highs!

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #1,560 of 1,600
Just asked this on another thread so sorry for repeating myself... but I have a pair of SuperFREQs which I love, albeit the fit on the left earpiece is just short of perfect (whereas the fit on the right is superb).

How would people describe the difference between the two products? I only ask because, 5 years out, I'm planning my 40th birthday present, and one of the items on my long-term shortlist is some truly top-end monitors (assuming I don't already own some).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back