First UE11 Impressions
Feb 11, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #1,531 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for a UE12, there are still people who swear by the UE10.

There are also UE10 owners that say the W3 and/or IE8s are better. I haven't heard any UE11 owners say that. I think it will be awhile before a UE12 comes out. The UE11 seems to still be the king, ableit at a stratospheric price for an IEM that you can't get a dime for used.

Feb 11, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #1,533 of 1,600
i am waiting for mine to arrive.

i am curious about something :

When people got their UE11 , it is the best IEM that money can ever buy currently. What if UE12 comes out , will you guys get it too?

I mean , Sound is like there is a limit to what we can hear , no?

Unlike computer , graphic cards etc , its getting faster and faster etc.

Will you settle down with what you have now , even in the future?

Share your opinions
beerchug.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #1,534 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiyako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys! i've ordered my Ue-11 pro....and i'm just wondering...if it's normal to have a turn-around time of......2weeks?

Yeah, that's quite normal, don't worry...

Feb 11, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #1,535 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcluded /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am waiting for mine to arrive.

i am curious about something :

When people got their UE11 , it is the best IEM that money can ever buy currently. What if UE12 comes out , will you guys get it too?

I mean , Sound is like there is a limit to what we can hear , no?

Unlike computer , graphic cards etc , its getting faster and faster etc.

Will you settle down with what you have now , even in the future?

Share your opinions
beerchug.gif

It would be quite unlikely at least for my case. The UE11s have more than exceeded my expectations in terms of SQ and unless there's a revolutionary armature design coming up, I don't think it's worth dropping another grand on a set of custom IEMs. This is especially so when you have the HD800 lurking in the corner. Assuming that armature technology remains where it is or make at best marginal improvements, then the "UE12" would simply be a variation of what a top class custom IEM can reproduce in terms of audio quality and fidelity.

Feb 11, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #1,536 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, that's quite normal, don't worry...

hehehe , sorry....i'm just very anxious for these babies....to arrive...so i can put them in my ear! tooo eager at times........the waiting is too painful.

I'm also wondering.......do they always give you that "UE T-shirt" along with the custom earphone orders? heheh

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #1,539 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have any idea how much UE charges for a refitting?

That depends-- if it part of the original purchase then possibly zero because you need an accurate fit to enjoy the music.

If over time you decide you need a refit -- I could be wrong here -- but I think it is the cost of new headphones because UE would have to take them apart and essentially build them from scratch. I am not really sure but you can contact UE directly for more information.

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #1,540 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That depends-- if it part of the original purchase then possibly zero because you need an accurate fit to enjoy the music.

If over time you decide you need a refit -- I could be wrong here -- but I think it is the cost of new headphones because UE would have to take them apart and essentially build them from scratch. I am not really sure but you can contact UE directly for more information.

Thats crazy! So a 1000+ dollar IEM can last only 5 years after which your ear canals change and it becomes useless and the only option is to buy it for 1000+ dollars again?!

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #1,541 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats crazy! So a 1000+ dollar IEM can last only 5 years after which your ear canals change and it becomes useless and the only option is to buy it for 1000+ dollars again?!

No. Ue charges around 50.00 to do refits.Your canal will not usually change enough to warrent a complete new monitor.

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #1,542 of 1,600
I don't make the rules. And I may have the rules wrong. I would think if ears change over time the change is slight (an assumption) ... so the refit would be slight and might be better handled by an ear doctor or something. (edit: saw the prior post-- and I would agree then the cost would be minimal) ...

Looks like you own a pair. Since you are so outraged did you ask about the policy when you purchased your IEMs?

I do not know the process of refitting but I would think moderate - major refitting includes
creating a new shell from a new impression.

coloring the shell based off of the customer's desire

taking the drivers, parts and placing them in the new shell

testing the audio

// essentially just like building a new pair.

Unless you are referring to shaving a little off the existing shell here and there-- sounds a little like hack work but it seems to be the only option to not rebuild from scratch and hence paying all over again.

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #1,543 of 1,600
I actually have a pair that don't really fit and I have sent it back quite a number of times already. In fact the amount I have spent on shipping it back and forth and on new impressions is more than enough to buy myself a new custom IEM. Imagine if I were to make a trip down one day(not any time soon) and they realise that I need a full scale remake and charge me the price of a brand new pair.

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #1,544 of 1,600
GTL)) Am I reading your posts correctlly? They are confusing me.

In one post you ask
Quote:

Anyone have any idea how much UE charges for a refitting?

Then when I responded you say Quote:

That's crazy!

Now you post you have had refitting done and you list UE-11 pros in your profile.

So I am assuming A) You know the costs of refitting and B) You are upset about it all.

It's very confusing.

In any resolve I do not know the costs for a refitting-- I truly imagine it depends on the scale of refitting but as one head-fier said -- it is $50 USD.

Also I stated if it is within the original purchase timeframe then it is all covered.

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #1,545 of 1,600
Sorry if my previous posts were unclear. Basically I have a UE-11 pro now which I have sent back for multiple refits but to no avail. All I have had to pay for are the shipping fees. Now I am seriously contemplating giving up on the refit and just making do with my ill fitting pair till I can make a trip down to UE(not anytime soon). If they were to make me pay for a brand new set then for the refit do you think my outburst is warranted?

EDIT: I had to pay for new impressions each time too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back