First UE11 Impressions
Jan 15, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #1,501 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by hauberk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
been a long 149 pages but I finally made it!

I have a scheduled audiologist appointment on January 9th to get the molds taken, then after getting my Ue11s I plan to look into amps more, but so far I have only do a small cursory look, so I have a quick question...

Any UE11 owners using the new RSA mustang? and what are the results with it?

I've tried the RSA P-51 Mustang with my UE-11. I don't own the P-51 (yet?). I like that combination - it reminds me of my iQube but the P-51 has a little more thump in the bass department at the expense of transparency and neutrality.

That difference is subtle enough to make a difference, but not enough for me to strongly prefer one amp's sound over the other.

Regardless of what amp you choose, I hope you will thoroughly enjoy your UE-11. I haven't been reading or posting on Head-Fi much since I got my UE-11. Partly because I've been traveling a lot, and partly because since getting my UE-11 I've spent more time listening to music than reading Head-Fi.

Jan 23, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #1,502 of 1,600
Man you guys are soooo bad for somebody impulsive like me. In the space of two days I read this thread and decided I want the UE-11's. My tax return will pay for these but I probably should spend the money on paying off credit cards, oh well. So today, I went out and got ear impressions (for free and he gave me two molds just in case too). I ordered the UE-11's with 24 hour rush and overnight delivery. The more time I have to think about spending so much, the more I will regret it so I need these fast :p. Hopefully I will get them Wednesday.

The worst (or best) part is that last month I decided to purchase the Westone 3's and get custom UM-56 tips as well (again all overnight/rush). I'm happy with them, they are great. After reading this thread I wanted to know what ultra high end monitors sound like.

I got the electric blue with a clear cord. Can't wait to see these. Thanks head-fi
atsmile.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #1,503 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by funkymonkcp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man you guys are soooo bad for somebody impulsive like me. In the space of two days I read this thread and decided I want the UE-11's. My tax return will pay for these but I probably should spend the money on paying off credit cards, oh well. So today, I went out and got ear impressions (for free and he gave me two molds just in case too). I ordered the UE-11's with 24 hour rush and overnight delivery. The more time I have to think about spending so much, the more I will regret it so I need these fast :p. Hopefully I will get them Wednesday.

The worst (or best) part is that last month I decided to purchase the Westone 3's and get custom UM-56 tips as well (again all overnight/rush). I'm happy with them, they are great. After reading this thread I wanted to know what ultra high end monitors sound like.

I got the electric blue with a clear cord. Can't wait to see these. Thanks head-fi
atsmile.gif

Congratulations, great story! You will love them, I'm sure of it!

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #1,504 of 1,600
This place is indeed a bad place for the wallet, i thought they were joking when they said sorry about your wallet.
biggrin.gif

Gone and bought myself an 8gb sansa clip today while not really needing it, cracking little player with great sq, i needed a player for gym use anyway the s9 is just too nice.

This and i already have a pair of customs on the way lol, sigh it never ends.

Jan 26, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #1,505 of 1,600
Thought I might share a little more...

After thinking for a while, I thought that if I am spending so much money, I might as well go all the way.

I emailed Ultimate Ears asking of I could modify my order and customize my ue-11's with a custom color option and artwork. I asked if they could do a swirl of electric blue and electric red while still maintaining the transparency of the electric blue. They don't have an electric red option so the guy at UE actually went on google and sent me a link to a picture to see if that is what I had in mind. It was. I also asked them to do a minimal swirl (almost yin yang-ish). This custom color option they are doing for free.

For the artwork I wanted the Red Hot Chili Peppers logo on both ears, medium size, and the same hue of orange that is on the cover of Californication. They said they could do it (for an extra $100).

They pretty much have the best customer service I've experienced.

Wednesday can't come soon enough. I wonder how closely these will look compared to what I imagine.

Jan 27, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #1,506 of 1,600
Hey all!!! I hope i've made the right decision to take the plunge for UE-11 Pro. I'd suppose this will be the "end" for my custom ear-phone journey. I've placed my order and mailed out my impressions today!
I just can't wait till i get them back...and i hope the fit will be right...for i hate to deal with the re-fit and waiting time.
I hope everyone is happy with their purchase , hehe
because i've been reading this thread for quite awhile now! hahahhaha before i made my decision.

Jan 27, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #1,507 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My UE11 are going back, I can live with their recessed mid range no longer and that syrupy, tube-a-like colouring pisses me off! If it cant be changed they can keep them, I have been making excuses to myself for them for far to long. I will listen to my er4s and be happy.

Im not suprised you think that way. I thought the same initially, especially compared to some full size phones i've heard.

You have to consider your source. The ipod 5.5g is magic straight out of the hp out with the UE-11s. I've tried with the iQube and p-51 mustang. The P-51 mustang was far too colored and the sound was too thick. The iQube was absolutely amazing, except for its slightly recessed midrange which you mention.

In listening to the 5.5g ipod straight out of the hp out, i've got slight loss of frequency extremes, slight transparency loss compared to the iQube, but i can live with that, as the midrange is so beautiful and everything is finally coherent and focused.

The UE-11s win hands down to many hps ive listened to because of its damn sheer resolution. What do you expect from eight drivers pumping out dedicated frequencies? The extremely low distortion and controlled headstage, is bested only by a few great hps i've heard. R10s, O2s and HE-90 come to mind. But im serious when i say that the musical soundspace is more focused than even the HE-90. They remind me of the O2s, small stage, but such great control within its small space. I really cant stand too many headphones, but i must say this one didnt really impress at first, but its one of the few i can say will continue to bring enjoyment forever for me.

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #1,508 of 1,600
Anyone have any experience reterminating UE-11's? With either the new style or old style cable? I want to get a really short cable for style reasons...

Jan 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #1,509 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, now I can't make up my mind about what amp to choose!

I was thinking the Hornet, because I really don't mind if the bass is overpresented, but now I'm thinking a more detailed amp. I mean, getting more detail than I have now would be beyond excellent!

Hornet owners: What do you think of the amount of detail you get out of your UE-11s? Should I look at another amp in the same price range, up to $500 or so?

#1 - SR71A
#2 - P-51 - lots of bass
#3 - Predator

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #1,510 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
#1 - SR71A
#2 - P-51 - lots of bass
#3 - Predator

does the predator lose out alot to mustang in areas of low, mids and high ?

i am waiting for my ue11 , still deciding on which amp.

Jan 27, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #1,511 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadneddz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The UE-11s win hands down to many hps ive listened to because of its damn sheer resolution. What do you expect from eight drivers pumping out dedicated frequencies? The extremely low distortion and controlled headstage, is bested only by a few great hps i've heard. R10s, O2s and HE-90 come to mind. But im serious when i say that the musical soundspace is more focused than even the HE-90. They remind me of the O2s, small stage, but such great control within its small space. I really cant stand too many headphones, but i must say this one didnt really impress at first, but its one of the few i can say will continue to bring enjoyment forever for me.

Well said! I am loving mine more each day if that is possible!

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #1,514 of 1,600
I did not get a T-Shirt but I ordered a year ago I believe. Maybe the T-Shirt is a new promotion?

I am very interested in hearing more about UE11 recabling -- any news from apuresound or others. I am tired of the flimsy cable that comes with the UE11s. I have already gone through two cables-- where the cable bends and goes into the IEM is where mine have broken. I do not know if I would expect better SQ from a recable but at least higher product quality/reliability.

UE11 UE11pro recable cable recabling
(keywords in case someone searches Head-fi and is also interested)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back