First UE11 Impressions
Jun 27, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #1,321 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you talk to UE by phone, ask the Lab Supervisor if they would be willing to do a "build-up" on your right ear, rather than you having to get new molds. Your needed adjustments are in the tolerance of 10 thousandths of an inch. What other labs have done is to add small applications of clear lacquer to increase the size in the last 1/2 end of the right mold. It is not visually objective and can make the difference between "great" and "almost good".
<snip>

I thought you might like to have some encouragement from another user who has been through this type of war before with another company (six times). Don't take no for an answer. They are your product and you deserve to have it work correctly for that kind of money. Also, please be sure you are talking with the supervisor of the lab who actually does these type of enhancements before you ship the product in. That is the most important person that can really help you, but keep the Customer Service Manager in the loop on all of these requests and financial commitments.

Hope this helps. Keep your chin up. You are almost there!
david

Thanks David ..

I apperciate your time and effort to encourage and advice me on this very frustrating issue.

It's made even more frustrating as I am situated all the way in Asia. Can you image the waiting time and the shipping costs I have incurred so far?

My record now stands at

5 Impressions ( 3 right and 2 left )
4 shipments to UE

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #1,322 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by zhix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to pay for my own new molds and ALL the shipping to UE.

As for your adequate fit; send them back. Otherwise it will always nag you that you paid $1200 for a pair of earphones that feels strange in one ear.

Jun 27, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #1,323 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for your adequate fit; send them back. Otherwise it will always nag you that you paid $1200 for a pair of earphones that feels strange in one ear.

Yeah, i know what you mean and I agree with you. The costs of making new molds and sending it back to UE is quite daunting from where I am situated. Everytime i make new molds and send it back to UE, it will costs me 88 USD. and I have done about 3 such trips so far ...

Jun 27, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #1,324 of 1,600
Man that sucks, I feel your pain (I am on my third shipping back from Sweden, each one taking about one month to get them back from here).

Keeping my fingers crossed that you will get it right this time!

Jun 30, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #1,325 of 1,600
sorry to sound sarcastic or parading over other misfortunes. i feel that getting a very very experience audiologist or a person doing ear impression is extremely important.
my first set of ue11 was great on the right side and i feel that the left was not a so good fit. so i got uncle wilson to do a refit for me on the left only and it turns out perfect!!! no matter how i move my head... no popping off or whatever so and i totally agreed on uncle wilson advice that our ears may change a bit due to temp etc but the impact of this is very minor and the body will adjust according, so as long as the fit is good and the seal is there, you cant ask for more.
now my ue11 fits my ears snugly and i personally feel it worth every things i paid for.
some of the guys here may differ on my comments due to some issues but personally looking at the big picture now i think i did my maths correctly.

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #1,326 of 1,600
this is really strange ... for 1st time after recieving my reworked UE11, i had the chance to use it early in the morning. I realise i have a great fit in the morning and a loose fit in my right ear in the afternoon !

it's not that loose, just that feeling of empty air in the moniter in the right ear.

but the fit in the morning and after bathing is great ! snug and doesn't move when i move my head.

so .. do i have a fit or do i not have a fit .. so strange

Jun 30, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #1,327 of 1,600
Quote:

this is really strange ... for 1st time after recieving my reworked UE11, i had the chance to use it early in the morning. I realise i have a great fit in the morning and a loose fit in my right ear in the afternoon !

it's not that loose, just that feeling of empty air in the moniter in the right ear.

but the fit in the morning and after bathing is great ! snug and doesn't move when i move my head.

so .. do i have a fit or do i not have a fit .. so strange

May not be so strange based on your last few sentences-- the water or moisture that is in your ears post bathing may be creating the best seal.

What I would ultimately recommend-- having them refitted.

[size=x-small]What I would practically recommend-- buy some Oto-Ease ® Earmold And Hearing Aid Lubricant. Hearing Health House - Hearing Health House sells it. It creates a better fit and is recommended by UE-- UE sells its own stuff but their customer service OK-ed for the UE11s.[/size]

Jun 30, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #1,328 of 1,600
zhix not sure if u agree with this, as long as your seal from outside noise does not break on either ear no matter what angle, position your head is at and the sound produce is balance in your head when hearing the playback you cannot ask for more. as i have posted earlier that our ear contracted and expanded slightly throughout the day due to body temperature etc thus that why you feel in the morning it fit snugly and in the afternoon slightly loose.
you can do another refit and make your right side slightly bigger but it may turn out that you start to feel it causing you pain cos your ear contracted slightly during some time in the day. so does this consider a bad fit?
however, the call is still yours to get another refit.

Jun 30, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #1,329 of 1,600
Quote:

Yeah, i know what you mean and I agree with you. The costs of making new molds and sending it back to UE is quite daunting from where I am situated. Everytime i make new molds and send it back to UE, it will costs me 88 USD. and I have done about 3 such trips so far ...

well, i hope you weren't forced to pay GST!

Jun 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #1,330 of 1,600
I’m not in the business or a musician, just an avid listener. I wrote a review about my ue11 (click here) if you're interested in the read & pics, it's under the “Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors forum.

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #1,331 of 1,600
They came in about 45 minutes ago!!

Right now, I'm listening to a variety of music on my Zune chained to my Predator. I'm very very happy to say the fit is great! Inserting and removing are a little tricky right now. I'm about to hook it up my laptop to hear how the Predator's DAC matches with the 11s. I'll post better pics up later!!

Jul 2, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #1,332 of 1,600
ruby red!!

very nice.

Enjoy the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back