First UE11 Impressions
Jul 5, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #1,352 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1: Do anyone's UE11's have shoddy looking sound bores? I thought I'd seen a few pairs on here that had very sloppy looking drill jobs. Even if they are perfect let me know.

The pictures I've uploaded don't have the holes in focus, but the upper hole is a small circle, the lower sits directly below. It looks a little like the below:

O
U

Jul 5, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #1,353 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
THAT my friend, is one humongous double post. I see you have the old style cable for your UE-11's, I thought they all shipped with the newer, Westone style cable?

Fixed the double post - thanks for pointing that out. I believe all customs now ship with the newer Westone style cable, but I asked for the older one.

When I sold my HD650s, I got a chance to see the Westone UM2 up close for the first time. The braided cable was thin and while I'm sure it does the job, I'd prefer to have something substantially "chunkier".

I believe mark_h also got the older style cable and prefers it.

Jul 5, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #1,354 of 1,600
Don't you ever look at your UE11s and say to yourself, "for the small volume, this must be the most expensive piece of electronics in production!"

Sometimes, I look at my FreQs and think about why it costs so much. Only thing I can come up with is that it has a bunch of wires that need to be soldered. Otherwise, for the weight and volume, it's probably more expensive than the HE90 heh
tongue.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #1,355 of 1,600
well caviar is small and very expensive too. ... and it just goes in one end and goes out the other.
wink.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #1,356 of 1,600
(my first post to head-fi, hopefully the start of many happy ones)

I have now placed my order for UE11s. The time of waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting begins. Since I don't live in the US, it will take quite a while for me to get them, at least four weeks according to my estimates.

I really hope they will be good. It's because of you head-fiers that I even got to an idea of ordering custom iems. =)

Jul 10, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #1,358 of 1,600
a "little" expensive.

say "a lot" expensive.

But what isn't in audio land?

$3,000 / pr speakers?
$1,000 DACs?

$400+ mini amplifiers? Amps in terms of features, SQ get trounced every 18 months or so but headphones last longer. There are some 10-20 year old headphones that are considered kings, leaders but no one talks about 10 year old amps so in that regard headphones have higher value.

<Pretty poor reasoning on my part but I agree this stuff is expensive. But all of this stuff is expensive.>

</div>

Jul 10, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #1,359 of 1,600
I don't think amps get trounced in sound quality. Most of the amps that get sold are rehashes of older designs. Mostly they sound worse with longer battery life.

Jul 10, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #1,360 of 1,600
point being about value-- don't want to go tangential here about amps. Everything is practically overvalued-- my point was headphones can last a lifetime. You can factor that into their overall value-- that's my point -- nothing more.

Jul 11, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #1,362 of 1,600
The left driver of my pair of UE-11 died (or so I think so, the sounds that are supposed to be on the left are faintly heard in the middle of my head or the right earpiece) and I'd like the left earpiece's stem to be a little bit thicker. If I send them back to UE, will I be charged? Keep in mind, I bought this pair in October 2007.

Jul 11, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #1,363 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbtayag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The left driver of my pair of UE-11 died (or so I think so, the sounds that are supposed to be on the left are faintly heard in the middle of my head or the right earpiece) and I'd like the left earpiece's stem to be a little bit thicker. If I send them back to UE, will I be charged? Keep in mind, I bought this pair in October 2007.

It's covered by a year's warranty so I don't think you got to pay for anything other than shipping the monitors back.

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #1,365 of 1,600
Quote:

Originally Posted by TStewart422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question. Do you guys know if UE will make the faceplate the same bronzish color of the Shure SE530s? I love the way that IEM looks and would love for something similar for the UE11s.

Any color is possible
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back