FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Dec 30, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #346 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackwheel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But if you're going from the RCA output to a 3.5mm input on an external amp, ...isn't that the right cable? If I got RCA to RCA then I wouldn't be able to plug into an amp.

Right - RCA for the uDAC end, and what ever your amp takes on the other end.

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #347 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone in Canada purcahse this through NuForce? was shipping cost decent?

it seems there is a canadian distributor for the uDAC, but they haven't replied me for a shipping quote for the past 2 days.

I just got mine today from The Mac Group in Ottawa ($109 Cdn) and shipped out within hours via FedEx. Top notch customer service too.

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #348 of 1,841
@charpi I think I got the same problem with u ,my sound totally messed up when I use the udac in Snow Leopard ,the treble and bass is cracking ,I am using COG to play Lossless file .
However when I change to Win 7 ,the problem is gone .Dont know what wrong with Macos ,anw what player u use to play the lossless file ?

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #349 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got mine today from The Mac Group in Ottawa ($109 Cdn) and shipped out within hours via FedEx. Top notch customer service too.

Do let us know how it sounds with your headphones. I'm particularly curious because your list of gear is pretty much identical to my own!
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #350 of 1,841
I definitely will. I'm currently at work, but should have some impressions by this weekend.

Funny maybe the similar gear is a Toronto thing?

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #351 of 1,841
For those who know about my problem with a faulty uDAC, I just want to say that my exchanges with Nuforce was very prompt, and that they were very helpful to me. I also appreciate the help a local dealer gave to me. Right now I'm enjoying the uDAC again!

Kudos to you guys!
k701smile.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #354 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by lh0628 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone using the RCA out on the uDAC? When I turn the volume knob past around 3 o'clock, it distorts my speakers pretty badly. Before 3 o'clock, everything is fine.

What are you plugging the dac into? an integrated amp/receiver?

Dec 31, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #355 of 1,841
Quote:

Is anyone using the RCA out on the uDAC? When I turn the volume knob past around 3 o'clock, it distorts my speakers pretty badly. Before 3 o'clock, everything is fine.

I have used the RCA with no problems. But the 2V output direct from the DAC can be pretty hot/strong and some amps can have their inputs over-driven more easily than others, which is why the volume knob controlling the RCA output is a good idea. As a bonus, you could use the uDAC to control the volume on a power amp that has no volume knob and needs a pre-amp.

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #357 of 1,841
I'm feeding it to a Nakamichi AV-8 receiver. No problem when I connect my PS3's optical out to the receiver.

Any of you guys heard of it? I always wanted to know if they are any good, but there aren't a lot of info about them.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #358 of 1,841
Quote:

Yea, I am experiencing the same thing. I am outputting to Little Dot 1+. HeadphoneAddict is right, full power on the uDAC might be too much for some amps.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #359 of 1,841
I only have the volume of the uDAC at ~80% (~2 o'clock) and then use the volume pot of my EF2 for adjusting the actual volume if I need to. Setting it at max does distort the sound a bit.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #360 of 1,841
Thats weird that it distorts going in amps like little dots. My valab and standard 2volt cd player doesnt do that going in my mk2 even though they are both 2 volt rca outs. Hmm oh no... The uDac could have an active gain stage if it does that then... Can Jasonl reply to this post if I'm wrong with the active line out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back