FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Dec 29, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #331 of 1,841
Point taken.

Miraculously, after I finished typing the above post, the hissing disappeared for like 2 seconds, I could actually hear the music, then it started again. LOL. I'll email them now.

Thanks

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #334 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackwheel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for this question, I'm still learning. What is the point of analog RCA out on the uDac?

It's a signal directly out of the DAC to feed a full size amp. The built-in amp may not be powerful enough for all full size headphones. For example I could set it up as follows:

Computer > USB cable > uDAC > RCA cables > Electrostatic headphone amp > Stax SR-007 electrostatic headphones

And, it would sound nice doing that.

Dec 29, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #338 of 1,841
Is there anyone compared Musiland 02 with uDac? Which is better via USB?

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #339 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by charpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Point taken.

Miraculously, after I finished typing the above post, the hissing disappeared for like 2 seconds, I could actually hear the music, then it started again. LOL. I'll email them now.

Thanks

Are you using Windows 7? There are quite some new and mysterious settings/function, such as automatically turning down the volume without you knowing....

Dec 30, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #340 of 1,841
I received my uDAC this monday and it's has burned in around 12 hours or so. Rigth now I'm listening to The art of the trio vol. 4 with Brad Mehldau and it sounds good with my K400's directly out of it, on some other recordings I have noticed more detail than the onboard DAC of the EF2 could deliver, and I think there's more control of the instrument placement and the soundscape(is it possible to say that) so I'm pretty happy with my christmas gift. I will of course try the uDAC with the EF2 later but I need a RCA cable first
ph34r.gif
I think that I will be better, but the question is how much. I really think this any newcomers should grab one of these and some ath-ad700's, shure 840's, some grados or other easy to drive headphones and then leave as fast as possible.

Dec 30, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #341 of 1,841
ohh good to hear some more impressions

leaving as fast as possible..now if only that was something you could actually do
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #342 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by busyx2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you using Windows 7? There are quite some new and mysterious settings/function, such as automatically turning down the volume without you knowing....

Nope I'm using leopard 10.5.8.

But it's ok, I have discussed it with Nuforce and hopefully by the end of this year it could be settled.
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #344 of 1,841
Dec 30, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #345 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by busyx2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the wrong cable. uDAC has RCA output, so you'd need RCA-to-RCA cable, not the Amazon link.

But if you're going from the RCA output to a 3.5mm input on an external amp, ...isn't that the right cable? If I got RCA to RCA then I wouldn't be able to plug into an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back