FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out
Dec 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #317 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I meant was try to plug your computer in an outlet at the other side of your room from everything else in your audio chain.

Now I tried it on my macbook running on battery only isolated from the power sockets and the problem still persists. I really hope that it is not the uDAC that is the problem because it would then be very troublesome.

Right now my setup is

iMac/Macbook ---> Stock uDac cable -----> uDac ----->stock JH13 cable ----> JH13

still get the squeaky noise instead of music
frown.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #318 of 1,841
Think something wrong with ur udac,I think I will bring the laptop along to test when I buy the dac,
try to exchange another one and see how

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #319 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by leothan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think something wrong with ur udac,I think I will bring the laptop along to test when I buy the dac,
try to exchange another one and see how

aww I really hope not, i'll give it another few days. But when it worked for the first hour or so, it sounded amazing!

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #320 of 1,841
can I check what amp u using ? I dont know whether udac enough to source the 337 ?
and if use the 3m usb cable ,any effect to the signal ?

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #321 of 1,841
I may have to retract my statement of getting minute distortion with uDAC + EF2 when the uDAC is at 100% volume. After exploring a greater number of albums, I believe the minute distortion is particular to few certain albums. This makes me believe it is inherent to the recording and when decreasing the volume I attenuated it to an inaudible level. I'm a relative noob, just trying to chip in my two cents.

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #323 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuckonsound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may have to retract my statement of getting minute distortion with uDAC + EF2 when the uDAC is at 100% volume. After exploring a greater number of albums, I believe the minute distortion is particular to few certain albums. This makes me believe it is inherent to the recording and when decreasing the volume I attenuated it to an inaudible level. I'm a relative noob, just trying to chip in my two cents.

Thanks for the comments. Every honest opinion here is welcome. No need to call yourself a Noob
smile.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #324 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
charpi, have you ever tried it with something other than your JH13?

Yes, I tried it with some cheap headphones I had which I got as a free gift from some electronics store. I don't even know what brand it is lol. I just tried it again this morning, problem is still there. Now I'm getting worried. Hope someone can come and tell me how to sort it out soon lol.

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #325 of 1,841
charpi, do you have access to multiple computers? if you do you could try the exact same setup and see if the sound that you are hearing gets reproduced or not

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #326 of 1,841
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
charpi, do you have access to multiple computers? if you do you could try the exact same setup and see if the sound that you are hearing gets reproduced or not

Yup, I've tried it on my iMac, some Acer model, and my macbook, but the problem is the same. I'm hoping that the problem lies in the cable or else its very troublesome to get it fixed or replaced. Here's hoping, because it wasn't like this from the start, then gradually the problem's frequency kept increasing and now i can't seem to fix it anymore.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #327 of 1,841
I did an A/B with my Keces vs. the uDac using my Active Monitors (NHT M-00) and my impression once again is that the Keces sounds fuller and more musical (pleasing to my ears) while the uDac sounds more forward yet still pleasing. For my ears, the Keces still sounds better, but like I said before, for the price you can't beat the uDac. It has great synergy with my Grados straight out of the HP amp section.

My next test will be with my LDI+ A/B'ing those two dacs.

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #328 of 1,841
I received my uDAC a couple of days ago and have been doing a little A/B testing between it (HP out) and my VDA-1/MiniMAX combo. I have to say that uDAC doesn't fall flat on its face in this contest. It's a pretty sweet sounding little unit. It's HP out does a pretty good job powering both my Grados and my Denons. BUT, I've developed a headcold and will be putting off any further critical listening until my sinuses and my ears clear up. Perfect timing Mother Nature!
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #329 of 1,841
Hmm, Now I'm quite convinced that my unit is not working properly. So I have a few questions, I hope Jason could come on here before the day is done as I have a trip to town tomorrow and that's probably where I'm going to bring my uDAC for warranty. I have bought my uDAC from the amazon online store.

1. According to the manual all I have to do is to bring my unit to a local distributer, is that right? I don't want to go all the way to the distributer only to be told I need to contact Nuforce directly, as I bought my unit online.

2. What do I have to bring? As far as I can see there isn't a warranty card or something similar packaged together in the box. So probably I'm going to package everything into the box, then bring the amazon receipt. What else do I have to bring? (for example, money for shipping etc)

Thanks for the clarifications.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back