FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce NE-700X earphones / IEM (non-mic version) - post your thoughts here
Dec 26, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #61 of 235

Quote:
Hey Jason!

Where are the NE-700-M´s? They don´t seem to be available on your site nor on Amazon.com.
I´m aiming for them to be my belated christmas gift :)

NE-700M won't be available until mid January. I heard they are ready for shipping next week, so may be they will be hear after the new year.

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #62 of 235

Quote:
Quote:
Hey Jason!

Where are the NE-700-M´s? They don´t seem to be available on your site nor on Amazon.com.
I´m aiming for them to be my belated christmas gift :)

NE-700M won't be available until mid January. I heard they are ready for shipping next week, so may be they will be hear after the new year.

OK Thanks!

What is your take on the MIC issue Jason. Do you feel there is a difference between the 700X and 700M soundwise? Does the MIC interfere in any way?

Dec 27, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #63 of 235
Just ordered a set to replace my RE0s. I liked the NE 7Ms I had before and since I just quit my job I need to go to a lower price bracket not higher.

Hope they are durable. The NE-7Ms lasted about a year when the driver housing sorta fell apart. The RE0s lasted me about 7months (well technically I'm using them right now but the left side goes in and out)

I could also use another soft case, I lost the ones the 7Ms came in and I really liked having a little pouch like that.

Dec 27, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #64 of 235

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Jason for the link.  I noticed from the third photo -- in which one of the phones had the silicon plug taken off -- that there seems to be a filter installed.  Is the filter permanent or replaceable?  If permanent, how do we ensure it does not get clogged up by ear wax?

Thanks,
Tony

Since no one has responded, perhaps I'll try again ... I saw in some photos that there seems to be a filter installed on the NE-700X.  Is the filter permanent or replaceable?  If permanent, how do we ensure it does not get clogged up by ear wax?

Thanks again,
Tony

Dec 27, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #65 of 235
I'm a bit disappointed there was no mail today but considering the fact that there was a blizzard yesterday :p I'm hoping they come tomorrow or Wednesday.

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #66 of 235
So I got the NE-700X in the mail today. I'm a bit disappointed since I was expecting a cable in the mail as well but it arrived at the post office too late so will get it tomorrow but I digress.

I wish it had a chin slider and a shirt clip but I have extra shirt clips and I put on my own chin slider so no issues so far. The fit isn't bad so far and the housings aren't too large like the e-Q7 was for me so I'm good in that area. It has one of those pouch things which I don't like compared to an actual case but luckily for me I have a spare Sound Magic case (as well as some altoids cans) so I'll be using that as the case.

They have a bit more bass presence than I expected but not quite like the Brainwavz M2. The bass esp sub bass is a bit sloppy right now so I'll see after a couple of days but that may have something to do with me using headphones right before. It actually reaches low to the sub bass which is more than what I can say about some of my favorite sub $100 earphones in the RE-Zero and RE0. The treble seems to smooth out on top which can be nice for less than stellar recordings and helps with those recordings that have a lot of sibilance. Midrange seems to be nice so far. It's not recessed or overly forward but I'll need to find out more in the next few days.

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #67 of 235

Quote:
So I got the NE-700X in the mail today....

They have a bit more bass presence than I expected but not quite like the Brainwavz M2. The bass esp sub bass is a bit sloppy right now so I'll see after a couple of days but that may have something to do with me using headphones right before. It actually reaches low to the sub bass which is more than what I can say about some of my favorite sub $100 earphones in the RE-Zero and RE0. The treble seems to smooth out on top which can be nice for less than stellar recordings and helps with those recordings that have a lot of sibilance. Midrange seems to be nice so far. It's not recessed or overly forward but I'll need to find out more in the next few days.

I don't think I mentioned it, but the bass tightens up with burn-in, and I felt they opened up a little elsewhere with burn-in.  I think I mentioned in my review that it's more than the Xcape (similar to RE-0) and less than the M2/M3, so we agree there.  I believe if you run then 24/7 for 3-4 days you will hear the difference.  Because I had other things going on, after my "out of box" impressions I left mine with music running for about 10 days before I started writing down more impressions.

Dec 30, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #68 of 235
I've only had mine for a few days now, but I wanted to add another postive impression.

Haven't spent a ton of time with them yet, but these are really good for the money.

About the same amount of bass as the NE-6/7, but considerably more detail in the mids are treble. The best way I can describe them is well rounded.
The medium tips give a good seal that is easy to achieve and feels pretty secure. I also tried some Comply t400 that I had lying around, and they
give these an even warmer sound with fun (but not overbearing) bass. Downside is slightly collapsed soundstgae width, and some minor loss of treble detail - overall a nice alternate flavor for those looking for increased isolation or a darker signature.

My other phones until a few days ago were Westone 2. I can't do a direct comparison because the 2s met an untimely demise in an incident with the dog...  I can say that the Ne-700 does remind me a bit of the 2 (with more bass) in the sense that they have a fairly open and balanced sound.
Both phones could probalby be described as good in all areas, but not the best in any 1 specific area.

Dec 30, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #69 of 235

Quote:
I don't think I mentioned it, but the bass tightens up with burn-in, and I felt they opened up a little elsewhere with burn-in.  I think I mentioned in my review that it's more than the Xcape (similar to RE-0) and less than the M2/M3, so we agree there.  I believe if you run then 24/7 for 3-4 days you will hear the difference.  Because I had other things going on, after my "out of box" impressions I left mine with music running for about 10 days before I started writing down more impressions.

I'll have them go through some burn in period. They do sound quite good for $55 out of the box although it was a bit of an unfair comparison since right before I was listening with something that cost much more than $55. I was expecting the bass impact to be around the Xcape but it looks like it is in between the Xcape and M2 from first listen. I'll run them overnight for around a week or so and then see how they have changed.

The NE-700X comes with some pretty good tips. Usually with larger sized nozzles usually from dynamic drivers I would use my M9 balanced tips or UE single flange tip but the stock medium seems to be the most secure. I don't feel the need to try anything different. Isolation is pretty good for a dynamic driver. I think sony hybrids might work well and be a bit more comfortable but the stock tips work pretty well.

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #70 of 235
Quick update...mine arrived yesterday and I'm finally having some "quiet time" to listen to my new NE700Xs and I am very, very impressed! The bass is quite weighty...like Westone 3 weight. The treble is similar to my Edition 8s (a bit of a sparkle) and surprisingly the mids are NOT recessed.

I'm liking what I'm hearing so far (about 2 hours into them). I do plan to burn them in for 50 hours before passing final judgment.

The are well constructed, but the cable is slightly microphonic, no shirt clip (which would help with the slightly microphonic cable...but I can steal them off of my NE-8s) and the carrying pouch is a fabric bag...a little cheap if you asked me.

But again, where it counts...sonically...I'm digging them.
etysmile.gif

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #71 of 235
I definitely agree about the shirt clip and the pouch. I had some extra shirt clips from previous purchases so I put that on the NE-700X and I made a chin slider so it's not too microphonic but not quite like say a Westone universal.

I'm still working on the right tips with the NE-700X. While the stock ones do sound good I'm having some issues with the seal. My right ear seals better than my left so they feel different although that's happened with quite a bit of earphones I've owned previously so not a surprise there but still annoying. Good thing for me all my tips are for the size that fits the NE-700X so I have a good amount to try with. So far the triple flanges work the best which is quite odd since I usually get the best comfort and fit with sony hybrids but not so with these.

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #72 of 235

Quote:
I definitely agree about the shirt clip and the pouch. I had some extra shirt clips from previous purchases so I put that on the NE-700X and I made a chin slider so it's not too microphonic but not quite like say a Westone universal.

I'm still working on the right tips with the NE-700X. While the stock ones do sound good I'm having some issues with the seal. My right ear seals better than my left so they feel different although that's happened with quite a bit of earphones I've owned previously so not a surprise there but still annoying. Good thing for me all my tips are for the size that fits the NE-700X so I have a good amount to try with. So far the triple flanges work the best which is quite odd since I usually get the best comfort and fit with sony hybrids but not so with these.

I agree...a chin slider would be nice too. Lucky for me the stock tips work best with my ears. I'm getting a great seal and they are quite comfortable. I would classify them as a more "fun" IEM, though not as coloured as the Westone 3s are.

The whole spectrum is there and presented very nicely. What I am liking is the mids...they are not up to the SE530/535 standard, but for a sub $100 IEM...one of the best. The sound stage is quite nice too. Wider than the SE530/310/115 (but not as good as the IE8, SE535, Westone 3) and on par with my RE0s. I do prefer the bass/mid bass presentation of the NE700Xs over the RE0s.

For the price, I prefer them to my (now sold) SE310s, which cost a lot more.

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #73 of 235
I was expecting something a bit more neutral but it's better than the M2 so far. It's kinda strange actually. For someone who values a more neutral signature and BA earphones all I have are fun dynamics although this dap bundle I bought that hopefully will ship soon may change that.

I do get a bit of driver flex depending on which tips I'm using. I've been trying out some tips and the triple flanges have the most consistent seal. I have some jays tips that are good and the UE single flange tip also is a good match. Maybe one day I'll get custom tips if I own a very good universal again.

I'd rather Nuforce ditch that pouch (mine is now in the storage area where I put all the boxed for my audio stuff) and include a shirt clip and chin slider instead. I have those things so no big deal for me but that's not the case for everyone. I also had a sound magic case that was pretty lonely but not anymore. If a $20 iem in the sound magic PL30 could have that case then it couldn't have cost too much to get a decent case.

I do like mine so far but only have around 30 hours of listening and burn in time combined.

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #74 of 235
I got mine earlier this week. Mine must have been close to the hundredth pair sold on Amazon, because the price has gone up to $65. I would still consider these a great deal, though.

I've owned the NE-7Ms for more than a year now, and I think these are definitely a step up. The bass sounds pretty much identical between the two, but the mid and treble ranges seem to benefit from the titanium driver in the 700Xs. Going back to my NE-7s after listening to the 700Xs for a while, I noticed several immediate differences, but two in particular:

1. Vocals sound cleaner and clearer on the 700Xs. Other higher frequency sounds are a bit crisper as well.
  2. The 700Xs aren't as efficient as the previous generation. Running both straight out of my iPod, the 700Xs needed me to crank it up more for equal perceived volume levels between the two. I usually listen with a portable amp, however, so this really isn't an issue for me.

With the 700Ms coming out in a couple of weeks, I may have to swap my NE-7s out. And the cycle continues...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back