Fire Phoenix DAC-02 / the odac->o2 desktop rival
Oct 15, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #76 of 245
I have tested the OPT and USB and both have the same symptoms with less bass in the left channel and the noice in left channel is still present when I turn it on and nothing else is hooked up, except the power cord ofc.  Yes it's sucks, So now I'm wondering if I should send it back or not and get a replacement. Perhaps it is worth $ 42 in shipping to get a new unit?

Oct 16, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #77 of 245
Hi Larzza, sorry to hear you got a faulty unit, that's very disappointing. I must say, the amount required for sending it back is very high, is there no cheaper way?

Whether it's worth sending back is your decision of course, Unless you attracht bad luck though, chances are small you would get a second faulty unit. You won't find a better DAC for 42 dollars...

Maybe the seller will send you a new unit after you can prove you sent the old one back; this way you won't have to wait so long.

For me, Í'm enjoying the FP alot. Unless it has quality-issues and will explode after a months use, it was a great investment. I think it sounds very good.

But, to be honest, I like the DAC-part better then the head-amp-part, which gives a fine sound btw, but on my Senn's it's just a little bit too 'thin', and I prefer listening through the amp of my receiver.

Anyway, you have been unlucky, hopefully your luck will change.
smile.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #80 of 245
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13658712885&ali_trackid=2:mm_10011550_2325296_9002527:1350437200_3k7_645199060

Worth to try anyway (I don't really understand mandarin language but yeah, I still find it available there
rolleyes.gif
).

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #81 of 245
Quote:
It seems like the Fire-Phoenix really isn't known well here, I've searched high and low for anything on this dac/amp and this forum is the only thing I could find on it.
I just ordered the Shiyun DAC-05 for $180 from eBay to use with my new Beyer DT-880 600ohm. Can't wait for it to come in!!!
I'm just worried if something breaks or malfunctions, it's going to be a MAJOR hassle to exchange or fix.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIYUN-DAC-05-Upgrade-Version-OPA2604-192K-24BIT-USB-DAC-Headphone-Amplifier-/170702482999?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item27bea92e37

I'm wondering if the Shinyun 05 is better than the Fire Phoenix 02. Which ever one is better, I'll get! (Hopefully!)
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #83 of 245
Hope everything works for you.

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #85 of 245
Quote:
Hi Larzza, sorry to hear you got a faulty unit, that's very disappointing. I must say, the amount required for sending it back is very high, is there no cheaper way?

Whether it's worth sending back is your decision of course, Unless you attracht bad luck though, chances are small you would get a second faulty unit. You won't find a better DAC for ...

Maybe the seller will send you a new unit after you can prove you sent the old one back; this way you won't have to wait so long.

For me, Í'm enjoying the FP alot. Unless it has quality-issues and will explode after a months use, it was a great investment. I think it sounds very good.

But, to be honest, I like the DAC-part better then the head-amp-part, which gives a fine sound btw, but on my Senn's it's just a little bit too 'thin', and I prefer listening through the amp of my receiver.

Anyway, you have been unlucky, hopefully your luck will change.
smile.gif

Hi Stereoduck,
Cheapest way of sending the package was with no tracking and no insurance. I have to gamble a bit. 
biggrin.gif
  It may be that I have to pay more if customs takes it on the way back to Sweden. no need paying more. I hope I get a flawless Fire Phoenix in the mail in a few weeks. It sounded promising in the right channel so hope I get to experience Fire Phoneix in both channels one day.

we will see soon if my luck changes 
tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #86 of 245
Quote:
Hi Stereoduck,
Cheapest way of sending the package was with no tracking and no insurance. I have to gamble a bit. 
biggrin.gif
  It may be that I have to pay more if customs takes it on the way back to Sweden. no need paying more. I hope I get a flawless Fire Phoenix in the mail in a few weeks. It sounded promising in the right channel so hope I get to experience Fire Phoneix in both channels one day.

we will see soon if my luck changes 
tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

When I ordered my mine right around the time you got yours, the seller contacted me and said that the last unit they had did not have an AC adapter, and that it would be an extra week to ship. So after you report, I wrote 'em back and asked if they would test mine before shipping, given what happened with yours and the fact that somehow they didn't have an AC adapter. They promised me that your situation was unique, that there had not been any problems, and that the would quickly test mine before shipping. Might want ask them to do the same for you. 

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #87 of 245
Quote:

When I ordered my mine right around the time you got yours, the seller contacted me and said that the last unit they had did not have an AC adapter, and that it would be an extra week to ship. So after you report, I wrote 'em back and asked if they would test mine before shipping, given what happened with yours and the fact that somehow they didn't have an AC adapter. They promised me that your situation was unique, that there had not been any problems, and that the would quickly test mine before shipping. Might want ask them to do the same for you. 

Yes i should say that they testing my unit before shipping. I think it was a coincidence that just my unit had errors and was unique. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #88 of 245
Ordered mine a few days ago, it was just shipped out yesterday. I'm planning on giving it to my dad for xmas after I burn it in and see if its any good. If its piece of junk ill have to buy my dad a 2TB fantom drive instead.

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #89 of 245
Quote:
Ordered mine a few days ago, it was just shipped out yesterday. I'm planning on giving it to my dad for xmas after I burn it in and see if its any good. If its piece of junk ill have to buy my dad a 2TB fantom drive instead.

Yeah, yeah. Burn it in to make sure it works...great excuse so you can try it 
wink.gif

Not saying I'm not doing the same. The Fire Phoenix I ordered is a present for my son. I'll have to make certain it works first 
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #90 of 245

Users who are viewing this thread

Back