Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Nov 23, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #5,506 of 6,349
Stock cable sounds best because cables don't change the sound and are only visual jewelery 😏 would have liked to have a green code 23 for another iem though.

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #5,507 of 6,349
I think the best possible option for FiR is to create a new one from zero too if we happen to convert our Uni into CIEM. I can't imagine they dismantle the universal one and remove the driver inside to the CIEM shells. It's easier for them to sell the universal one as a B stock or preloved stuff than doing all that hassle IMO.
They basically used the Uni as Demo and created the CIEM from scratch as in new order.

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #5,508 of 6,349
What happened to the gold shell with that conversion? Can I see a pic? Thanks!!
Here you go.. sorry for my bad photo skills !! Its black matt shell.

Attachments

• IMG_4252.jpeg
    IMG_4252.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Nov 24, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #5,512 of 6,349
No… the workmanship is top notch and it’s totally custom build. I am not sure of Bellos audio (other than its sister company of FiR) They look much better in person and fitting is excellent.
I see 🙂. My apologies, I did not look too closely at the usernames and confused your picture for the acrylic universal Xe6 mentioned by BartekR as shown in the quote below as I would have preferred my universal Xe6 in non-gold or a more subdued gold color such as Jupiter Gold (which would match with my Cowon Plenue MK2) or Soft Gold (Hidizs AP60 II Golden):
I have an uni Xe6 in acrylic and asked them is it possible to convert into steel Xe6.
They proposed to buy back my uni and sell me a brand new one.

I ordered uni acrylic in transparent black because I think gold Xe6 looks too "grandma".
Ofc a matter of personal taste but totally not my style. All other Frontiers look great...

After more than a year of use I feel the acrylic Xe6 is too light.
I preffer more heavy IEMs - Dorado2020 feels great to me.
So probably will do such swap one day or wait for the next gen to upgrade.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #5,513 of 6,349
I don’t want to sound like I’m going on the offensive. I’ll be the first to admit I might have experienced some fit issues… but I would characterise Rn6 sub-bass as having a ‘roundness’ and the upper bass having a punchiness which feels like you’re getting slapped in the face. The transients in the upper bass here come across with much attack and faster than usual decay. But there is an area higher up from the ‘round’ sub bass and an area below the punchy upper bass which is absent from the Rn6. I find it difficult to really put into words but there’s something textural missing. There is something between these two frequencies that isn’t being reproduced properly which usually gives colour and definition to the bass notes. I know this is case because of the timing. With the Rn6 the bass is either super fast or slower than normal but it isn’t able to reproduce the speed very well in between.

Edit: long ramble but what I’m really saying is that main body or fundamental of the bass note is missing.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #5,515 of 6,349
I see 🙂. My apologies, I did not look too closely at the usernames and confused your picture for the acrylic universal Xe6 mentioned by BartekR as shown in the quote below as I would have preferred my universal Xe6 in non-gold or a more subdued gold color such as Jupiter Gold (which would match with my Cowon Plenue MK2) or Soft Gold (Hidizs AP60 II Golden):
No Worries Man !!

Nov 24, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #5,516 of 6,349
Friday new FiRry Electron 12 arrival day and apologies for the quick poop iPhone pics.

Quick impressions:

I hear tuning slightly different than Frontiers. Details similar to RN6, soundstage is a bit more intimate - not as deep but excellent layering – though I'm hearing E12 opening up more as I continue to listen. Bass is nice, textured, good impact, hits hard. Upper mids are forward, but not shrilly or shouty - there's great clarity which was first impression. Overall not bright or trebly, there's some nice weight to vocals I'm hearing with a couple of opera's such Ståle Kleiberg:

and latest release of Puccini's Tosca:

Henry Jackman's "Louisiana Hero" has a this airy heroic vibe

Damian Lazrus and The Ancient Moons
Rumbles oh so good while vocals staying coherent

Nils Petter Molvaer and Norwegian Radio Orchestra
Airy and detailed with excellent instrument layering. Nil's trumpeting sounds lush and emotive with tactile bass adding nice bass impact and texture.

IMG_0477.jpegIMG_0479.jpegIMG_0485.jpegIMG_0483.jpeg
IMG_0495.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #5,517 of 6,349
Friday new FiRry Electron 12 arrival day and apologies for the quick poop iPhone pics.

IMG_0495.JPG
Can't wait for impressions. Especially as you have the new Timsoks too...

Nov 24, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #5,518 of 6,349
Can't wait for impressions. Especially as you have the new Timsoks too...

Added some quick impressions above. TIMSOK TS-316 sound more transparently reference, takes cable and DAP rolling quite nicely, conveying your source signature. With E12's 12mm electro-dynamic driver and tactile bass, there's considerably more bass and sub bass. E12 is musically engaging and relaxing.

I was a bit concerned blind purchasing E12 based on CJ impressions in regards to treble, brightness, etc and being treble sensitive, but pleasantly surprised and very content with final tuning.

Nov 24, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #5,519 of 6,349

Quick impressions:

I hear tuning slightly different than Frontiers. Details similar to RN6, soundstage is a bit more intimate - not as deep but excellent layering – though I'm hearing E12 opening up more as I continue to listen. Bass is nice, textured, good impact, hits hard. Upper mids are forward, but not shrilly or shouty - there's great clarity which was first impression. Overall not bright or trebly, there's some nice weight to vocals I'm hearing with a couple of opera's such Ståle Kleiberg:

and latest release of Puccini's Tosca:

Henry Jackman's "Louisiana Hero" has a this airy heroic vibe

Damian Lazrus and The Ancient Moons
Rumbles oh so good while vocals staying coherent

Nils Petter Molvaer and Norwegian Radio Orchestra
Airy and detailed with excellent instrument layering. Nil's trumpeting sounds lush and emotive with tactile bass adding nice bass impact and texture.

IMG_0495.JPG
Congrats🎉🎊…and thanks for quick impressions. Will be looking forward to detail impressions and maybe comparison with Frontier Siblings!!

Nov 24, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #5,520 of 6,349
Added some quick impressions above. TIMSOK TS-316 sound more transparently reference, takes cable and DAP rolling quite nicely, conveying your source signature. With E12's 12mm electro-dynamic driver and tactile bass, there's considerably more bass and sub bass. E12 is musically engaging and relaxing.

I was a bit concerned blind purchasing E12 based on CJ impressions in regards to treble, brightness, etc and being treble sensitive, but pleasantly surprised and very content with final tuning.
How is the size and fit of the E12 as compared to your Xe6 and Rn6? could you post some pics of the IEMs side by side? I was going to order the E12 but wasn't too much of a fan of the Gold and Rainbow logo options. The Rainbow logo does look more silver than I initially thought so I might get it later down the line. I did consider ordering the E12 but due to the Black Friday 20% off deal going on for all FiR IEMs, I decided to get a universal Xe6 earlier this week. Can't wait to see if the Xe6 will appease my need for more warmth than I get with my Rn6 on gold module. How is the bass of the E12 as compared to Xe6 and Rn6?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back