Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
May 24, 2024 at 12:08 AM Post #6,346 of 6,538
Hi everyone - I got hold of a pair of Xenon 6. I'm really in love but the ear fit is a bit of a challenge. Does anyone know if Fir is willing to refit a universal into customs? I have STL files ready to go. I reached out to Fir and never heard back.
Yes. If you have the impressions and cash to burn. It is possible. But they are busy; so if they are willing to do it, it's gonna be a while.

May 24, 2024 at 12:28 AM Post #6,347 of 6,538
ya the lead time is like 4-5 weeks for this conversion and counter starts once they have your IEM and you can see the status in a link sent over an email.

May 24, 2024 at 3:15 AM Post #6,348 of 6,538
Hi everyone - I got hold of a pair of Xenon 6. I'm really in love but the ear fit is a bit of a challenge. Does anyone know if Fir is willing to refit a universal into customs? I have STL files ready to go. I reached out to Fir and never heard back.
Did you get them second-hand? I reckon you're better off to let them go and order a CIEM direct from FiR, or a local retailer.

If you already know you like what the Universal does, then the switch to Custom is an upgrade worth the difference in price from whatever you get for the second-hand uni.

Perfect fit, lighter weight, easier to use ATOM X modules, and most important of all the more coherent sound all add up to a pretty significant upgrade imho.

May 24, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #6,349 of 6,538
I got a response from FiR (getting in touch with them is a real nightmare, my Rn6 RMA was done in stealth mode and the only info I got is the shipping number after everything was finished) and they no longer reshell uni to customs. I liked the Rn6 enough to commit to the relationship :)

May 28, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #6,351 of 6,538
Which type is the custom cable that clearly provides a better sound to a xenon6 than the factory one? And what exactly is the improvement?
If you want to clear up the sound, Code 23/24 would be my rec. Do keep in mind even after ergo refinements, the Code24 is still very heavy. But it's not stiff and molds nicely. For a better ergo than both stock and the codes, Rn6 stock cable is great. For something avaiable outside of classifieds, the Raphael is also great with great refinements especially with the bass. If you wait after they are shipped, I'll have the Euclides/Aristotle soon and hopefully one of them has the sound of the Codes and ergo of Rn6 stock/Eletech.

In another news, my Rn6 RMA has almost reached the 2 month mark since courier pickup
:)

May 28, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #6,352 of 6,538
If you want to clear up the sound, Code 23/24 would be my rec. Do keep in mind even after ergo refinements, the Code24 is still very heavy. But it's not stiff and molds nicely. For a better ergo than both stock and the codes, Rn6 stock cable is great. For something avaiable outside of classifieds, the Raphael is also great with great refinements especially with the bass. If you wait after they are shipped, I'll have the Euclides/Aristotle soon and hopefully one of them has the sound of the Codes and ergo of Rn6 stock/Eletech.

In another news, my Rn6 RMA has almost reached the 2 month mark since courier pickup
Hi, I have an rn6 cable with an xe6 and I was thinking of replacing it with code 23/24 worth replacing?🤔

May 28, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #6,353 of 6,538

Yeah +1 on Raphael with Xe6, I have it just now as part of a tour, strongly considering buying one. I hated the ergo of the Code23, but the Raphael is a huge improvement over that, very light and supple while still being very well made.

I never hear anything like “day and night” improvements with cables or anything, but the Raphael does tighten things up noticeably for the Xe6, making everything just a bit sharper and more precise while keeping its (near perfect for me) tuning in tact.

May 28, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #6,354 of 6,538
+1 for Raphael.
Lightweight, comfortable and sounds good

May 28, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #6,355 of 6,538
Eletech Raphael Vs code23. Are these two models the best value for money cables from the two companies? Which one is better in terms of sound quality and in what way? I'm interested in all the pros and cons about them. Are these the best cables up to and including $600 or do you know of another type that is on par with these?

May 28, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #6,357 of 6,538
Eletech Raphael Vs code23. Are these two models the best value for money cables from the two companies? Which one is better in terms of sound quality and in what way? I'm interested in all the pros and cons about them. Are these the best cables up to and including $600 or do you know of another type that is on par with these?
If you want to battle with the cable trying to pull the IEM out of your ear at every slight movement, then the code23 is for you. I have not tried the Raphael myself but have heard nothing but good things.

May 28, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #6,358 of 6,538
I don't want that :) I like Raphael by the way. I just don't want to rush the choice because I would buy the cable in the long term for many years and I would need a comfortable reliable one with very good sound for the price. I would pay a maximum of $800 for it. what do you recommend?

May 28, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #6,359 of 6,538
I’ve had both. My opinions are as such. Raphael is great for bringing mids a bit more forward. Not much low end coloration. Slight increase in resolution and stage. Code 23 provides an improved, more controlled low end, uncolored mid range, great timbre. Noticeable boost in stage/ imaging/ separation.

May 28, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #6,360 of 6,538
Which type is the custom cable that clearly provides a better sound to a xenon6 than the factory one? And what exactly is the improvement?
Not much cables can match well and enhance the characteristics of xe6, here is my top list: Eletech Raphael and OTL, PW first times, Brise audio Yatono ultimate 8w, effect audio Chiron x Horus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back