Final Thoughts: Sony MDR-XB1000 vs. MDR-XB700 *** Pictures ***
Apr 8, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #136 of 298
My xb1000 are in new York finally.. Waiting on them to get to atlanta

Please let us know your impressions. I have a feeling you will LoVe it. :)

Apr 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #140 of 298
Apr 9, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #141 of 298
well now i understand what this soundstage part you guys are always taken about.. its amazing....everything is so crystal clear like..i most listen to r&b,hip hop and  slight urban type pop..and they sound so good even hearing sounds haven't heard in songs ive been listing too for years..  im not much of a techno music person but if my r&b and hip hop and pop sound this good i know the techno will be crazy..any songs in the area i should try?...o and i did have this attitude where if i pay for these im wearing them outside no matter the looks...but now at first glance..nawww i couldn't even do it..think im gonna get a nice bottle and zone out for the rest of the day and listin to my whole music collection. S/n Not amped to anything just yet..haven't got that far into it yet..i did order the Filo e5 to play with

Apr 9, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #142 of 298
You can easily zone out deep into the music with the wide soundstage the XB1000 makes.

IMO, the XB1000 is too nice to be abused on the streets. They belong at home. Pop a good bottle of adult beverage and enjoy the music. I've heard things I've never heard before on a CD that I listened many times.

Apr 9, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #143 of 298

Quote:
You can easily zone out deep into the music with the wide soundstage the XB1000 makes.

IMO, the XB1000 is too nice to be abused on the streets. They belong at home. Pop a good bottle of adult beverage and enjoy the music. I've heard things I've never heard before on a CD that I listened many times.

So you actually think it sounds that nice eh. Coming from the guy who've tried headphones such as T1, HD800 and D7000. :p I suppose when you listen to electronica or any genre requiring a bit more bass to be fully enjoyable.

Apr 9, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #144 of 298
Yes, it sounds great for genre that demands more bass.  It's not as refined as the T1, but it's not as expensive as the T1.

Apr 10, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #145 of 298
How good is the detail and bass quality? (relative to other headphones of course)

Apr 10, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #146 of 298
I guess i would say the bass is way more controlled and thumps nicely highs and mids sound soooo good especialy in my r&b and music that use lots of synths. I would say the xb500 just BUMP BUMP all over the place...dunno if that makes sense?

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #147 of 298
Hey I'm new here, and i have to say i am 100% jealous you have these bad boys!!!   I've been listening to Dubstep lately and i was wondering if you could listen to a couple of songs and tell me what you think? Do these puppies handle it well? Opinion on the Genre? 

Emalkay - Fabrication
 ​
Laid Blak - Red(Chasing Shadows Remix)
 ​
Vexare - Firing
 ​
Datsik - Jenova Project
 ​
Curious Kontrol - Trident VIP
 ​
Benny Benassi Feat. Gary Go - Cinema (Skrillex Remix)
 ​
If you took the time to listen RIGHT ON!, Let me know what you think?
 ​
 ​

Apr 10, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #148 of 298

Quote:
I guess i would say the bass is way more controlled and thumps nicely highs and mids sound soooo good especialy in my r&b and music that use lots of synths. I would say the xb500 just BUMP BUMP all over the place...dunno if that makes sense?

Now that you have the Xb1000, would you say it is worth the price of early admission?

Apr 10, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #149 of 298
You've got some good taste. Not a big Datsik fan, but he did good job with Jenova. I am however a big fan of Skrillex, and Chasing Shadows. Good choices all around.

Hey I'm new here, and i have to say i am 100% jealous you have these bad boys!!!   I've been listening to Dubstep lately and i was wondering if you could listen to a couple of songs and tell me what you think? Do these puppies handle it well? Opinion on the Genre? 

Emalkay - Fabrication
 ​
Laid Blak - Red(Chasing Shadows Remix)
 ​
Vexare - Firing
 ​
Datsik - Jenova Project
 ​
Curious Kontrol - Trident VIP
 ​
Benny Benassi Feat. Gary Go - Cinema (Skrillex Remix)
 ​
If you took the time to listen RIGHT ON!, Let me know what you think?
 ​
 ​

Apr 10, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #150 of 298
@morbidtoaster ill check those songs out in a few...i think u were talken to me about them...
And yes they are welllll worth the price @ djamtrax cant help but to wonder if there was anyway to make those pillows a lil smaller...they are what make the headphone so hugh,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back