Final from Japan having new line up: MAKE Series
Nov 13, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #16 of 85
I'll get my Make 2 tomorrow courtesy of @unknownguardian, I'll post impressions and eventually a review but of course it will take a bit of time digging into the tuning system.

The Make 2 being the first hybrid I was really interested in what Final made out of it, more than Make 1 actually which is the top of the line Make model. Especially since I think the dynamic driver might be the one from the E5000 which I like a lot but wouldn't mind being able to tune it a bit.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #17 of 85
I'll get my Make 2 tomorrow courtesy of @unknownguardian, I'll post impressions and eventually a review but of course it will take a bit of time digging into the tuning system

Oh wow, can't wait to get your review!

Mind to share which MAKE are you getting and from where did you purchase it?

Nov 13, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #18 of 85
Oh wow, can't wait to get your review!

Mind to share which MAKE are you getting and from where did you purchase it?

It's in my initial post, from @shsh :wink:
And also in the initial post, the Make 2 (hybrid 1DD 1 BA)

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #19 of 85
It's in my initial post, from @unknownguardian :wink:
And also in the initial post, the Make 2 (hybrid 1DD 1 BA)

Haha sorry my bad. I missed those information in your post. Was too hyped to see someone already got 1 soon.
Personally I was trying to get one as well, and even I am living in Japan, it is so hard for me to find one.
Final themselves have posted somewhere stating that after they shipped out all those units for crowdfunding, they only have around 150 units left.

If not mistaken they dynamic driver used in MAKE2 is somehow similar to the driver used in E series. I love E-series personally.
Please update us on how you think of them.

However, I wonder does it need time to burn in. I own FI-BA-SS from Final before. And a lot of people are saying BA drivers do not need burn in.
But trust me, I have been listening to FI-BA-SS for 4 years and 1 day the internal connection broke and I sent it back for repair and eventually, they sent me a new one.
When I listen to the new one, the sound is totally different from what I am used to. But after a few days of burn-in period, the sound that I have known came back.

So maybe give them some time until they can sound in the best way that they are capable. Thanks~

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #21 of 85
Nov 14, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #22 of 85
And mine also :)

Further post will be there as I will dive into the tuning aspect!

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #23 of 85
I didn't realize the Make 2 didn't come with all filters, I don't really understand why filter C are not included, especially since they're going to be hard to find :frowning2:

fBqt3HWzM51wiqv97lD70V6xCyL7Jl.png

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #24 of 85
Oh no, really? Did not know that.

I just looked at their online shop in Japan, they are selling them for around USD3 for a single type of filter which will come in 4 units as a set.
But since there are 10 types of C-filter, to be able to play with all of them, it will be USD30.

http://final-audio-design-directshop.com/fs/final/MAKE_TUNING-PARTS/FI-MTFC

But isn't it saying the similar effect can be achieved using Filter A?

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #25 of 85
@zilkhaw Thanks for this! I'll check if they ship to Europe though...

Yes apparently you can but down the line it's better to have the C filter I think, I haven't counted them but not sure there is enough for more complex recipe where you'll need to tune the 3 A - B - C

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #26 of 85
@zilkhaw Thanks for this! Yes apparently you can but down the line it's better to have the C filter I think, I haven't counted them but not sure there is enough for more complex recipe where you'll need to tune the 3 A - B - C

It seems like Filter A and C are same. But Filter C are smaller. So you can you the Filter A and paste it onto the vent hole. Since you have 14 pcs of Filter A I guess.

695_ext_61_en_20.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #27 of 85
@zilkhaw ah ok I missed that thanks !

Not sure I want to use that filter anyway probably negatively impacts soundstage...

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #28 of 85
Ahaha, actually are those filter reusable? If yes, why not just try to paste the Filter A onto the vent and check for the changes? If it indeed changed the soundstage, then it depends on which would you want to sacrifice then :D Better bass or better soundstage.

But if the soundstage is not affected, then congratulation, you got new discovery! Always worth a try

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #29 of 85
Ahaha, actually are those filter reusable? If yes, why not just try to paste the Filter A onto the vent and check for the changes? If it indeed changed the soundstage, then it depends on which would you want to sacrifice then :D Better bass or better soundstage. But if the soundstage is not affected, then congratulation, you got new discovery! Always worth a try

100% right there, I'll try anyway but from past experience masking vents pretty much always the same result :)
Honestly I don't find myself wanting more bass, there is plenty already :D

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #30 of 85
100% right there, I'll try anyway but from past experience masking vents pretty much always the same result :)
Honestly I don't find myself wanting more bass, there is plenty already :D

That is good to know. Man, STOP tempting me! Should I just walk to their company and smash on their door and beg them to sell me 1 right away?!~~ I am so jelly!
Now I am so regretted that I did not join their crowdfunding. :cry:

Actually Final is going to hold another audition period in their company this weekend. But taking train to there from my place will take me around 2 hours. And they are not selling on spot. If after I tried them and love them so much and eventually being told that I have to wait for another few months, that toxic is unbearable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back