Final from Japan having new line up: MAKE Series
Nov 15, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #46 of 85
For the A filters from 1-5, it would sequentially attenuate the mids and highs, but as they say later on: "As we move to Filter A-6 and beyond, the constraint on the mid-range becomes greater than that of the other ranges, placing emphasis on low-range and the high-range sound." Meaning it would start exponentially dip the mids and as a result increase bass and treble presence.
Did the extra bass help even out the harshness? Using the A-9 Filter actually increases the treble presence based on the charts so I'm surprised it helped reduce sibilance

I think it's not very clear in the tuning guide which filter does affect upper mids, lower treble, higher treble... and don't forget I combined this with B-3 which goes the opposite way. We'd need some kind of simulator app to really know how all this combines but what I am hearing is attenuated higher mids and more lower mids presence making for a fuller sound as well as preserved treble extension but with a warmer tone and a tad less sparkle.

Nov 17, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #47 of 85
Yes! I just got my MAKE2 from Final Online Direct Shop.

A quick impression, I like how they sound. Still haven't gone deep and haven't tried the tuning.
So excited! :D

Nov 17, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #48 of 85
It's not really the weight but the driver touching the ear I don't know if this has changed since the Pandora Hope VI when they released the Sonorous VI is there deeper pads?
I read somewhere that the Sonorous VI is basically the Pandora Hope VI with the pads from the Pandora Hope IV, headphones which didn’t meet the same critical acclaim. So the pads are deeper, but those shallow pads on the PHVI were designed this way for acoustic reasons. The guy who related that added that basically, the people who are in awe of this model’s SQ but find them unbearable to wear have the shallow-pads Pandora Hope, while those who find them super-comfy but remain unconvinced by the sound have tried the Sonorous.

I love my PHVI dearly, but they are a murder on the ears sometimes.

Nov 18, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #49 of 85
I read somewhere that the Sonorous VI is basically the Pandora Hope VI with the pads from the Pandora Hope IV, headphones which didn’t meet the same critical acclaim. So the pads are deeper, but those shallow pads on the PHVI were designed this way for acoustic reasons. The guy who related that added that basically, the people who are in awe of this model’s SQ but find them unbearable to wear have the shallow-pads Pandora Hope, while those who find them super-comfy but remain unconvinced by the sound have tried the Sonorous.

I love my PHVI dearly, but they are a murder on the ears sometimes.

Ah I see. When I know about PHVI, it has been changed to Sonorous VI. Therefore I have no idea about the problem of the earpad of original PHVI.
I have not encounter any big problem with the Sonorous VI that I am using except the weight which is slightly heavier than most of the headphones available. I guess.

Nov 18, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #50 of 85
Ah I see. When I know about PHVI, it has been changed to Sonorous VI. Therefore I have no idea about the problem of the earpad of original PHVI.
I have not encounter any big problem with the Sonorous VI that I am using except the weight which is slightly heavier than most of the headphones available. I guess.

Yeah your ears were touching the driver literally I would hurt after 20mn wearing them...

Nov 18, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #52 of 85
Well, just ordered a Make 2 from the direct shop, to be delivered to Europe through Tenso... we'll see how it goes, once I actually do get them :)

Woot! Brilliant! Does Tenso charge much for their part?

Nov 18, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #53 of 85
Woot! Brilliant! Does Tenso charge much for their part?
Over the years I bought several things from Amazon Jp, delivered through Tenso... how much they charge depends, in general, on what kind of shipping you select, but you can generally figure between €10 (slow as hell) and €30 (faster), with about €20 being a generally good option (with some sort of registered airmail, rather than EMS, say). For things ending up costing $200+, it's not too bad. Plus, you can consolidate other stuff too (like Spiral Dots eartips, or some other tips that are easier to get in Japan, like the Azla Sedna Earfit or Acoustune, say).

Nov 18, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #54 of 85
Oh that is a pretty nice piece of information.
I will share this knowledge to others who would like to get something from Japan market. Thank you very much!

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #56 of 85
Just received the MAKE 1 today.
It sounds wider than the MAKE 2.
I love the high frequency of the MAKE 1 (using the default tuning) more than the MAKE 2 as it is not as hissy as the MAKE 2 (using the A9 and B3).

Thank you for your sharing. I thought I am the only one feeling that MAKE2 is hissy at some frequency range since no one mentioned that.
I thought it needs more tuning to remove the problem.

Nov 22, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #58 of 85
Just received the MAKE 1 today.
It sounds wider than the MAKE 2.
I love the high frequency of the MAKE 1 (using the default tuning) more than the MAKE 2 as it is not as hissy as the MAKE 2 (using the A9 and B3).
What exactly do you mean by hissy? Sibilance?

I'm enjoying the combination of:
音導管フィルターA:A-6 (Sound Pipe Filter A)
音導管フィルターB:B-1(Sound Pipe Filter B)
ドライバーホルダー:A-1(Driver Holder)

It was recommended by final audio themselves and was described as being balanced and bringing out vocals. Apparently some tester spent upwards of 20 hours tuning it

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #59 of 85
What exactly do you mean by hissy? Sibilance?

I'm enjoying the combination of:
音導管フィルターA:A-6 (Sound Pipe Filter A)
音導管フィルターB:B-1(Sound Pipe Filter B)
ドライバーホルダー:A-1(Driver Holder)

It was recommended by final audio themselves and was described as being balanced and bringing out vocals. Apparently some tester spent upwards of 20 hours tuning it

Yes, sibilance sounding during the high frequency.
Thank you for the recommended tuning.
I will try it.

Nov 22, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #60 of 85
Thank you for sharing.

Actually have anyone with MAKE2 or MAKE3 tried applying a filter to the vent hole outside the casing? If you are a bass head, I think you will like it.

From Final's document, it seems like to improve bass, you can either adding Filter B to Sound Pipe or Filter A/C to vent hole.
Personally I don't really like applying high-density Filter B to Sound Pipe because it causes the mid and high becoming kind of muffled.
But applying Filter A/C to vent hole sounds pretty good to improve bass without sacrificing mid and high. Even though I think the default bass is enough for me already. Just sharing the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back