Final from Japan having new line up: MAKE Series
Nov 14, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #31 of 85
Well @shsh who sold me the Make 2 still has Make 1 and Make 3 up for sale, those are fully sealed and new products I can vouch!

I wonder how Make 1 sounds, the top of the line of the Make series... triple BA.

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #32 of 85
Well @shsh who sold me the Make 2 still has Make 1 and Make 3 up for sale, those are fully sealed and new products I can vouch!

I wonder how Make 1 sounds, the top of the line of the Make series... triple BA.

I think I will go with Hybrid first. Because I am not sure how those BAs in MAKE1 performe. Tried F-series and I do not really like them. But I do love my FI-BA-SS which is single BA though.

I have a lot of confident with Final Hybrid from their Sonorous VI, so I think I will have MAKE2 first.

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:34 AM Post #33 of 85
I think I will go with Hybrid first. Because I am not sure how those BAs in MAKE1 performe. Tried F-series and I do not really like them. But I do love my FI-BA-SS which is single BA though. I have a lot of confident with Final Hybrid from their Sonorous VI, so I think I will have MAKE2 first.

Yeah I had the Pandora VI (Sonorous VI) a long while back and aside for the fact it was uncomfortable it had amazing SQ. Why I went Make 2 and not 1. Always means to get the FI-BA-SS but it's polarizing and said to be highly revealing and maybe harsh sometimes? Now that they have it balanced with better cable it's more interesting... but Lab II is the one I wished I could have heard :p

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #34 of 85
Yeah I had the Pandora VI (Sonorous VI) a long while back and aside for the fact it was uncomfortable it had amazing SQ. Why I went Make 2 and not 1.

Can't agree with you more. I love Pandora Hope VI SQ but it is too heavy for long session.
I do love Final D8000 as well, but the weight really concerned me too much.
I wish Final will produce lighter weight and better comfortability headphones in the future. And hopefully cheaper :D

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #35 of 85
Can't agree with you more. I love Pandora Hope VI SQ but it is too heavy for long session.
I do love Final D8000 as well, but the weight really concerned me too much.
I wish Final will produce lighter weight and better comfortability headphones in the future. And hopefully cheaper :D

It's not really the weight but the driver touching the ear I don't know if this has changed since the Pandora Hope VI when they released the Sonorous VI is there deeper pads?

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #36 of 85
It's not really the weight but the driver touching the ear I don't know if this has changed since the Pandora Hope VI when they released the Sonorous VI is there deeper pads?

Not really sure. But according to the website

http://final-audio-design-directshop.com/fs/final/c/FI-EPPA

Pandora Hope VI was using Type B pad,
Sonorous VI is using Type A pad,
Sonorous VIII, X are using Type C pad,
Sonorous III is using Type D pad,
Sonorous II is using Type E pad.

Type C is said to be capable to improve the sound of Pandora Hope VI and provide better comfortability.

I am not so sure because I have never has problem with my Sonorous VI.
If look at the online shop of Final, Type C and E indeed look thicker.

Nov 14, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #37 of 85
OMG, The Final newsletter just inform me that they start selling MAKE series on their homepage.

Just ordered a MAKE2!

Nov 15, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #39 of 85
Nov 15, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #41 of 85
PSA: The Make Series won't be sold outside of Japan, Hong Kong, or China.

They posted this on their Makuake Page:
MAKEシリーズはお客様自身でチューニングをするという特殊な製品な為、発売エリアを日本、香港、中国に限定しての発売となります。日本では、弊社直販サイトDIRECT SHOP限定販売となります。また、「MAKE3」に関しては、国内では限定200本での販売となり、在庫がなくなり次第販売終了となります。

Which translates to.:

The Make series is a unique item that allows the user to tune to their desire. As such, it will have a limited release in Japan, China, and Hong Kong. In Japan, it will be available for order on the Direct Shop site. The "Make 3" will be limited to 200 units, so once its sold out its gone.

Nov 15, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #42 of 85
Thanks mate. But you're right the direct shop doesn't ship out of Japan. Tried to order from them at site once

Use a forwarder like Tenso, should work

PSA: The Make Series won't be sold outside of Japan, Hong Kong, or China.
The Make series is a unique item that allows the user to tune to their desire. As such, it will have a limited release in Japan, China, and Hong Kong. In Japan, it will be available for order on the Direct Shop site. The "Make 3" will be limited to 200 units, so once its sold out its gone.

I am quite lucky then, thanks @shsh :D

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #44 of 85
So first play with the tuning system...

JAHzU3WHbdsLzfON81cPGzh4Hf8SW3.png

For reference the default tuning is :
SoundPipe : A-8 with no B filter
Driver Holder : None
Driver Vent : None

I found the default tuning to suffer from some sibilance so my goal was to reduce this while keeping the bass level so here is the recipe I have tried :
SoundPipe : A-9 + B-3

Here is what it means in terms of tuning :

XqrRiajPmjcY1fKb4ZRplpqQLOMCbS.png

I find this graph a bit strange as Final says it has the "greatest attenuation of mid to high range" is the A-9 filter so increased highs combined with increased lows is a bit puzzling, the FR graph filter is clearer (A-9 is the lower curve in yellow) :

KafWQ4Y04GkxwBzp3kF0Ar53ega3lE.png

Second I used the B-3 filter, to make some attenuation on the highs but not too much and boost the lows to counteract the loss from the A-9 filter.

ClSGQy8ajysaEb2z9r16ZxwCJoNvPw.png

What I hear is that I don't loose extension, I do get more mid bass and the treble tone is warmer and more pleasing, also the upper mids are still good enough for everything to sound articulate but the harshness with default tuning is gone. I also hear a bit more lower mids, the Make 2 sounds fuller now and I have better depth.

I am pretty happy with that combo, I don't want less bass impact so I won't be playing with driver holder or driver vent. A good thing since I tested opening the casing is not that easy at all...

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #45 of 85
So first play with the tuning system...

JAHzU3WHbdsLzfON81cPGzh4Hf8SW3.png

For reference the default tuning is :
SoundPipe : A-8 with no B filter

I found the default tuning to suffer from some sibilance so my goal was to reduce this while keeping the bass level so here is the recipe I have tried :
SoundPipe : A-9 + B-3

Here is what it means in terms of tuning :

XqrRiajPmjcY1fKb4ZRplpqQLOMCbS.png

I find this graph a bit strange as Final says it has the greatest attenuation of mid to high range is the A-9 filter so increased highs combined with increased lows is a bit puzzling, the FR graph filter is clearer (A-9 is the lower curve in yellow) :

KafWQ4Y04GkxwBzp3kF0Ar53ega3lE.png

What I hear is that I don't loose extension, I do get more mid bass and the treble tone is warmer and more pleasing, also the upper mids are still good enough for everything to sound articulate but the harshness with default tuning is gone.

Second I used the B-3 filter, to make some attenuation on the highs but not too much and boost the lows.

ClSGQy8ajysaEb2z9r16ZxwCJoNvPw.png

What I hear is mainly a bit more lower mids, the Make 2 sounds fuller now.

I am pretty happy with that combo, I don't want less bass impact so I won't be playing with driver holder or driver vent. A good thing since I tested opening the casing is not that easy at all...

For the A filters from 1-5, it would sequentially attenuate the mids and highs, but as they say later on: "As we move to Filter A-6 and beyond, the constraint on the mid-range becomes greater than that of the other ranges, placing emphasis on low-range and the high-range sound." Meaning it would start exponentially dip the mids and as a result increase bass and treble presence.

Did the extra bass help even out the harshness? Using the A-9 Filter actually increases the treble presence based on the charts so I'm surprised it helped reduce sibilance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back