Final Four predictions
Mar 18, 2002 at 2:52 PM Post #31 of 70
For the Northern Ford Premiership.

The Keighley Cougars...

Mar 18, 2002 at 3:30 PM Post #32 of 70
Cincinnati did their usual swan dive in the 2nd round, this is 5yrs in a row I think, overrated for sure (entire conference USA for that matter), Steve Logan's stock went down after poor performance.

Who picked Kent State and S. Illinois for sweet 16? Not many I'm sure.

Mar 18, 2002 at 4:30 PM Post #33 of 70
Blah, as these finals continue to beat the crap out of me, I say Go Bruins! I'll be back up North after finals this weekend, maybe for our Elite 8 game?
wink.gif

Mar 18, 2002 at 4:58 PM Post #34 of 70
Quote:

DarkAngel said...

I picked S. Illinois for the Sweet 16, though I don't have them going any farther. Only had Kent State down for one win, though.

Mar 19, 2002 at 12:35 AM Post #35 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF

Actually, their loss proved my point -- they got jobbed by the committee. They were put in the most difficult region, as a 6-seed, playing Wyoming who should have been a 6, 7, or 8. They should have won, but it wasn't nearly the upset it appears to be.

So far I've picked 31 of the 40 games correctly
biggrin.gif

Why would Wyoming get a 6,7, or 8 seed? Because their RPI prior to the tournament was in the 100's? If they hadn't won their post-season tourney, they would not even had made the field IMHO. Compare them to Southern Ill, which had a better record, wins against Indiana and Creighton (twice), and only lost to Illinois by 3 points. BTW, Illinois played Gonzaga early this season and it wasn't close to being competitive. Gonzaga was simply overrated, just like the SEC teams and Cincinnati (Oklahoma should have gotten the 4th 1 seed).

Mar 19, 2002 at 12:37 AM Post #36 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Cincinnati did their usual swan dive in the 2nd round, this is 5yrs in a row I think, overrated for sure (entire conference USA for that matter), Steve Logan's stock went down after poor performance.

I missed Kent State, but actually picked So. Ill. Of course, I had the benefit of seeing them play unlike most people, and knew they had a lot of talent.

Mar 19, 2002 at 2:27 AM Post #37 of 70
Go Illini!

biggrin.gif

(can't believe I've missed this thread.....)

Mar 19, 2002 at 4:10 AM Post #38 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
Go Illini!

biggrin.gif

(can't believe I've missed this thread.....)

Me either,Go Illini and Salukis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 19, 2002 at 8:41 AM Post #39 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by srapps55
Gonzaga was simply overrated, just like the SEC teams and Cincinnati (Oklahoma should have gotten the 4th 1 seed). [/B]

While I think a good case could be made for Oklahoma getting a 1 and the Bearcats a 2, I don't think it's as much of a job as many people claim. The Bearcats finished the season 31-4 including the loss on Sunday. Sure, CUSA isn't the best conference in the country, but UC beat a number of tourney teams along the way, including #5 Marquette (by 14), #7 Wake Forest (by 9), #7 Xavier (by 20), and #3 Mississippi State (by 34). Their average margin of victory was impressive. Their 3 regular season losses were to #7 Oklahoma State (by 7 on the road), #5 Marquette (by 14), and Louisville (by 3 on the road -- but they also beat Louisville by 27). That's a more impressive record than many of the 1-5 seeds in the tourney.

Mar 19, 2002 at 9:32 AM Post #40 of 70
What? These basketball games have been pretty close, for the most part. I have a hard time dismissing a team as overrated simply because it was upset, when there is so much parity anyway.

Mar 21, 2002 at 7:42 AM Post #41 of 70
Have you heard the Dan Dickau Song? You can download it here: http://gozags.fansonly.com/multimedi...ultimedia.html It's not too bad of a song. What is the name of the song that it is made after? I can't think of any of the words to it, so I can't use one of those lyrics search engines to find the title.

predictions for tomorrow's games:

UCLA over Missouri.
Oklahoma over Arizona.
Pittsburgh over Kent State.
Indiana over Duke.

Mar 22, 2002 at 4:48 AM Post #42 of 70
Heh, Eddie was right... so much for Duke! Go UCONN!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

(I really was hoping for a Duke - UCONN game like 2 years ago though)

Mar 22, 2002 at 6:24 AM Post #45 of 70
Darn it, that Duke loss may very well cost me the office pool.
mad.gif

Still, it's very cool that Kent State won. Here's hoping S. Illinois does, too. Only one ACC team left... don't let me down, Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back