Final Four predictions
Mar 12, 2002 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 70
Cousin, I'm really pulling for Gonzaga, they always seem to suprise in the tournament. I'm glad they got a decent seed this time.

Overall, I think the NCAA basketball tournament is the best sporting event. It's always fun to see David triumph over Galiath -- I remember when Princeton at the 12th or 13th seed did in UCLA several years ago.

Mar 12, 2002 at 10:01 AM Post #3 of 70
Looks OK to me 'cept you got the results of the finals backwards!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 12, 2002 at 12:47 PM Post #4 of 70
Eddie wake up my friend!
Kansas is vastly overrated, cupcake regular season schedule,
did you see what a decent team like Oklahoma did to them last week?

Kansas goes out in the 2nd round to Western Ky or Stanford.

Mar 12, 2002 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 70
Man, I saw this thread and thought I'd be the only one to say Gonzaga was gonna make the Final Four... They have somethin' extra to motivate them again this year. I can't believe they didn't get at least a 3 or 4 seed. Anyway, I think it'll be Gonzaga, Duke, Maryland, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Oregon. I think from there it'll be Duke and Maryland in the Final, and Duke will repeat.

I agree, the NCAA Tournament is the best sporting event in the world. It's so great to see amateurs that are so motivated and so into the game. And it doesn't matter who's playing who, the underdog always has a chance. And the fact that there are so many games packed into that first weekend... I can't wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2002 at 12:29 AM Post #6 of 70
Much as I hate Duke, they've got a [VITALE]CUPCAKE CITY REGIONAL, BABY!!![/VITALE]. Assuming Maryland keeps in focus, especially against Kentucky, they should win the East. The West goes to whomever wins between Gonzaga and Arizona. Midwest goes to Kansas. Duke takes it all.

Mar 13, 2002 at 2:42 AM Post #7 of 70
GONZAGA!!! Are you f'ing kidding!!! They won't make it as far as they did in prior years, because they do not have the same level of athleticism. Arizona will take them out.

Mar 13, 2002 at 3:30 AM Post #8 of 70
Final Four
Connecticut
Tennesee
Oklahoma
Duke

Championship Game
Connecticut
Duke

Champion
Connecticut

On the women's side of course! I'm headed down to Nashville this weekend to see UW Wisconsin. Unfortunately, we'll be hard pressed to come out the Midwest winner. If you get a chance to see take a peek at UCONN . . . you'll enjoy it.

Mar 13, 2002 at 3:38 AM Post #9 of 70
lol... I was reading your picks, and thought "He's gotta be talkin' women!", and of course you were
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, Gonzaga is mad, they have something to prove. I mean come on, three losses this year, made the Sweet 16 the past three years, they deserved better, and I think they'll prove it this year. I guess what hurt them was strength of schedule, but they are 5-3 vs. tourney teams, so we'll see. I just think they'll put it together to make a run... No matter what, I think there are gonna be some great games
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2002 at 6:31 AM Post #10 of 70
Quote:

Originally posted by srapps55
GONZAGA!!! Are you f'ing kidding!!! They won't make it as far as they did in prior years, because they do not have the same level of athleticism. Arizona will take them out.

Actually, Gonzaga has a much better team than in past "Cinderella" years. But they probably won't get further than previous years because they really got screwed in the seedings. They're ranked #7 in the country, and they get a 6 seed in the toughest region?!?!?!

Mar 13, 2002 at 7:30 AM Post #11 of 70
Yeah MacDef, I was looking at the brackets again and see Gonzaga has to go through Arizona and Oklahoma just to get the West champ. game. It's ironic because the seeding they got this year is probably better than what they got in the past.

I think the selection commitee doesn't want to see a team with a long haired 'freak' get too far.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 13, 2002 at 6:57 PM Post #12 of 70
Well, we know it won't be Georgetown.
rolleyes.gif

been a very disappointing year.

Mar 13, 2002 at 7:28 PM Post #13 of 70
DH
You are right about Duke, they have the easiest draw of any team, they have red carpet to sweet 16 where they may hit speed bump......USC. South is the weakest bracket overall.

Zags got bent over by selection commitee, they out in 2nd round to Arizona.

Mark my words, Kansas goes out in 2nd round to Western Ky.

Mar 14, 2002 at 8:37 AM Post #15 of 70
I think that Gonzaga kind of got a bad deal. They have a low seed compared to their poll rankings, and they have to play Arizona in the second round. There are two teams out there that I think no one wants to play - Arizona and UCLA. These two teams have a lot of ups and downs. You never know what they're going to do. Arizona is that way because they have a lot of young players. UCLA, for whatever reason, has always played that way under Lavin. UCLA only gets up for the big games. I kind of feel sorry for Cincinnati, having to possibly play UCLA in the second round. Even though Gonzaga may have gotten a lower seed than they should have, it's really hard to blame the committee. It's hard to tell how good a team is when they don't play that many good teams. I'm picking Gonzaga because of Dan Dickau. It seems like teams with one really good player do well in the tournament. Now, watch what will happen, they will probably go down in the first round.

I happened to be watching a sports show tonight on ESPN2. I don't know the name of it, but it's the one where the two guys argue with each other on different topics, with a bell going off to indicate when to move on to the next topic. Larry King was a guest on there. He's apparently a big sports fan. His Final Four was the same as mine, although he has Maryland winning the championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back