Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 21, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #11,401 of 11,664
Sorry if this been asked already. But I listen to mostly EDM and I am split between the B3 and the A5000 both of which I can get for the same price. What's better?
Depends on the type/era of EDM you listen to and how you want them to sound like, really. If your EDM has a lot of TR-303 or if the production is poor then A5000 can be quite painful. But if you listen to "EDM" EDM, with bloated bass, then A5000 is quite good and refreshing.

Apr 23, 2023 at 11:45 PM Post #11,402 of 11,664
My thoughts on tip-rolling on the A series (including the VR3000): don't. The A series, in my opinion, is likely tuned with the E eartips in mind (for a good reason; the E eartips are extreme popular). The E eartip is a unique sounding eartip that boosts uppermids and reduces treble by a lot, compared to other eartips on the market. To compensate for it, the A series has a somewhat suppressed uppermids and boosted treble.

I made the mistake of putting an eartip that has an above-average top and bottom end extension on an A-series earphone, and listened to music for >30 mins. Now I literally have a headache from the treble glare.

Apr 24, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #11,403 of 11,664
My thoughts on tip-rolling on the A series (including the VR3000): don't. The A series, in my opinion, is likely tuned with the E eartips in mind (for a good reason; the E eartips are extreme popular). The E eartip is a unique sounding eartip that boosts uppermids and reduces treble by a lot, compared to other eartips on the market. To compensate for it, the A series has a somewhat suppressed uppermids and boosted treble.

I made the mistake of putting an eartip that has an above-average top and bottom end extension on an A-series earphone, and listened to music for >30 mins. Now I literally have a headache from the treble glare.
I've tried many types of tip on the A4000, the E types sound harsh in my ears with it. I eventually settled on JVC Spiral Dots, I imagined that they would boost the treble a lot because of the wider bore but they actually smooth it out. Again, this is my ears, your mileage etc.
I recently bought the A5000 and I'm loving it, not at all harsh and has impressive bass, I use the bass boost on my DAC/amp with the A4000, the A5000 really doesn't need it. Haven't tried different tips yet as I like to get used to the stock tips first.

Apr 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #11,404 of 11,664
Final announces Reb Audio. Concept seems to be similar to that of Acoustune. https://reb-audio.com/

230429_img_proto_1000.png

Apr 29, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #11,406 of 11,664
Could you explain a bit more? I have no idea and do not read Japanese. Thx
I don't either, but my best guess is that it is an IEM that
1) can be used with universal eartips or custom sleeves, and
2) has a back-vent bass tuning knob similar to that on the Make4.
3) has a filter-based tuning mechanism similar to that on the Make1-3

Apr 30, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #11,408 of 11,664
A5000 ordered, very excited to try it!

May 1, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #11,409 of 11,664
I absolutely agree that the B3 has superior imgaing and resolution since the bass is much more tight and controlled on the B3. I am torn between the B3 and B1 since I love the thick bass of the B1 but I also really love the clarity of the B3. Its so hard to decide between the two since I’m only planning on keeping one and returning the other.
I'm looking at the B3 too...I'd use it for classical and jazz and soundtracks.

May 2, 2023 at 5:12 AM Post #11,410 of 11,664
I absolutely agree that the B3 has superior imgaing and resolution since the bass is much more tight and controlled on the B3. I am torn between the B3 and B1 since I love the thick bass of the B1 but I also really love the clarity of the B3. Its so hard to decide between the two since I’m only planning on keeping one and returning the other.
I owned a B1 back in the 2019-2020 but my ZX507 did not drive them well even with 4.4mm output (the high and mids were grainy, imaging not impressive at all). I sold it but I started to miss it because of its sturdy build and beautiful design of the earphone body, and also the beautiful C106 stock cable. I am not fancy with the rose gold color of B1, and I remember I was always had my eyes on the B3 as I like its silver matte finish.

After several years till now, I got the A5000 recently and I am back to this thread, and tempted to get the B3 as I spotted some head-fiers here stating that it sounds beautiful. I finally got a 2nd hand, 99% new B3 recently with a very good deal - USD140. Although it sounds not as warm as B1, it gives a total different direction from B1 that I can hear a very high resolution sounding with gorgeous imaging from the B3. Its synergy with my ZX707 is fantastic even with 3.5mm SE output. Amazing!

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #11,411 of 11,664
I owned a B1 back in the 2019-2020 but my ZX507 did not drive them well even with 4.4mm output (the high and mids were grainy, imaging not impressive at all). I sold it but I started to miss it because of its sturdy build and beautiful design of the earphone body, and also the beautiful C106 stock cable. I am not fancy with the rose gold color of B1, and I remember I was always had my eyes on the B3 as I like its silver matte finish.

After several years till now, I got the A5000 recently and I am back to this thread, and tempted to get the B3 as I spotted some head-fiers here stating that it sounds beautiful. I finally got a 2nd hand, 99% new B3 recently with a very good deal - USD140. Although it sounds not as warm as B1, it gives a total different direction from B1 that I can hear a very high resolution sounding with gorgeous imaging from the B3. Its synergy with my ZX707 is fantastic even with 3.5mm SE output. Amazing!
Excellent! It's my first venture into Final Audio. Hoping to be dazzled...

May 2, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #11,412 of 11,664
The B3 is worth owning simply because of how beautiful it looks.

It is also tuned somewhat closely to the E series which is a clear win in my book. The A series unfortunately seem to be catering to people with hearing loss.

May 2, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #11,414 of 11,664
The B3 is worth owning simply because of how beautiful it looks.

It is also tuned somewhat closely to the E series which is a clear win in my book. The A series unfortunately seem to be catering to people with hearing loss.
Lmao I like you (and your user name)

May 6, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #11,415 of 11,664
Bought A5000 right after i demoed it. I think it's IE600 level. Preference matters and I do like A5k more than IE600.

This crap really sound like a speaker/headphone rather than IEMs staging wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back