Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 6, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #10,396 of 11,640
Ive had various spinfits over the years, they didn't really do anything for me, even the ones that came with the intime Kira's. I like the type e tips as I have several pairs from older final models and was hoping they would be the best of both worlds type of thing.
Well, I love the Type E´s as well (nr 1 tips).

Jan 7, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #10,397 of 11,640
IMG_20210107_162534.jpg
IMG_20210107_162543.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_162419.jpg
    IMG_20210107_162419.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 7, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #10,401 of 11,640
How is it?
Haven't had enough eartime with them yet, but they're super light and excellent fit. Unfortunately, none of my 2 pin cables fit though, as the recessed sockets have super tight tolerances and the stock cable is very cheap. Still getting used to sound but the big/tight bass, detailed and energetic mids/treble and massive soundstage are some things that are immediately noticeable.

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #10,402 of 11,640
Same impression here, E5K is darker than E4K, but more musical and pleasing with the right tips and cable. Bass, mids, imaging and soundstage are great on the E5K. Watch the synergy with your source and give them enough juice. The E5K is a demanding IEM, the E4K a bit less. Still, we all hear differently.
What is wrong with the stock cable soundwise? Just wondering, as in my experience, a silver plated copper cable gives more treble and less bass response than a OFC cable.

Jan 8, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #10,403 of 11,640
What is wrong with the stock cable soundwise? Just wondering, as in my experience, a silver plated copper cable gives more treble and less bass response than a OFC cable.
Nothing wrong with the stock cable. It’s a good one. I have an aftermarket silver cable in 4.4mm from OC Studio and this is a real step-up in my opinion.

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #10,404 of 11,640
Haven't had enough eartime with them yet, but they're super light and excellent fit. Unfortunately, none of my 2 pin cables fit though, as the recessed sockets have super tight tolerances and the stock cable is very cheap. Still getting used to sound but the big/tight bass, detailed and energetic mids/treble and massive soundstage are some things that are immediately noticeable.

What makes the cable feel cheap? Is it prone to microphonics? Is there a genre that it sounds really good with, anything that stands out?

I was actually going to buy it from that UK store myself but I was going to be paying premiums that were too much (with the possibility of customs) so as a Canadian, I had to wait.

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #10,405 of 11,640
What makes the cable feel cheap? Is it prone to microphonics? Is there a genre that it sounds really good with, anything that stands out?

I was actually going to buy it from that UK store myself but I was going to be paying premiums that were too much (with the possibility of customs) so as a Canadian, I had to wait.
Nothing wrong with it, it's just a thin black plastic cable and prone to tangling.

But man these iems are really something. A league ahead of similar single DDs I have had such as Tanchjim Oxygen or Moondrop Starfield. Always felt those lacked resolution and had blunted or hazy treble. Attack/decay of the A4000 is superb for a DD in this range and the speed reminds me of BAs but with the natural DD timbre. Maybe it's just that the tuning fits me really well but I'd recommend them for any harman heads out there. They probably have more mid bass than subbass but the extension is still there. The most outstanding element is the soundstage and even the layering surprisingly enough. They are also pretty easy to drive, but get exponentially better with more power. Again these are still early impressions, but for the price I think they even beat most chifi at their own game.

Jan 8, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #10,408 of 11,640
Probably very similar except that it's a 2pin cable, not mmcx.
What’s the mesh’s material? Difficult to say on the pictures. Thanks for your impressions by the way! Do or did you own other Final IEMs and how do they perform vs. the A4K (early impressions are welcome)?

Jan 8, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #10,410 of 11,640
What’s the mesh’s material? Difficult to say on the pictures. Thanks for your impressions by the way! Do or did you own other Final IEMs and how do they perform vs. the A4K (early impressions are welcome)?
Do you mean the nozzle filter? Not sure but is a super fine mesh, possibly plastic.

Unfortunately I haven't heard any other Final items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back