Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 1, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #9,331 of 11,644
default option is to E5000

Apr 1, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #9,333 of 11,644
default option is to E5000
Thank you for sharing your opinion. :)

I really enjoyed e3000 and it wow-ed me for sure when I first got it. But it didn't really do much for the female vocal songs imo. Is there anything similar to e3000 and is an upgrade? like in the 100-200$ price range?
As mentioned by @Sp12er3 E5000 is considered as a direct upgrade for E3000 by most of our users. However, there are 2 things that concern me

1. You mentioned that the E3000 does not do much for female vocal
Comparing to E3000, its brother E2000 actually emphasizes more clarity on the vocal range. And if you are considering an upgrade version, the direct upgrade would be E4000. If you are living in Singapore, I think that are multiple places that you can actually try them out.

2. What device are you using to play the music? Smartphone or Digital Audio Player?
E5000, to achieve its sound design, the sensitivity (volume/power supplied) is slightly lower compared to most of the earphones in the same price range. It totally depends on personal volume requirements though. Some might find its volume to be too low if being used with a smartphone. Of course, recent new smartphone with stronger output has no problem at all. Therefore, we encourage you to actually try it out before making the purchase. But please take good caution while you are outdoor.

I just stumbled upon this review about E4000 and E5000. This is the best review I have seen so far and the one which describes the tonality of these IEMs the best (according to my own ears).
Definitely worth the read.

https://everydaylistening.net/2020/03/28/final-e4000-e5000-review-lushed-away/
Wow, thank you for sharing. I definitely have to contact them to express our gratitude.

Apr 4, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #9,334 of 11,644
It is actually true that even while E5000 is considered to be the earphone with the most low frequencies among our current line up, it is still considered to be relatively weaker compared to some other earphones from the other brand.

In nature there is a masking effect due to our ear structure. Higher frequencies are quite easy to be masked away when low frequencies being strong. Which means that when the bass getting stronger and stronger, as the mid and high is significantly affected, the overall sound might become muddy and less transparent.

While we definitely understand that some music genres can use more bass, we are still trying to find a way to deliver higher quantity bass without compromising too much for the overall musical details and balance. Even this task has never been easy because this is a human ear limitation, this is a bottleneck that we love to challenge.

Thanks for the honest reply. I trust you guys know what you're doing and look forward to the your upcoming releases!

I think part of my reaction is to the trend of boosting the treble and calling it detail. While it is I agree with you that some boost in the treble region can and should be perceived as detail, I feel like a lot of lesser headphone makers rely on that too much to make their sound. One thing I've learned to enjoy is a smooth, linear treble, that avoids those sharp peaks above 4k. Too many sharp peaks can make it sound like there's detail or air, but it tends to all sound the same.

Apr 4, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #9,335 of 11,644
Thanks for the honest reply. I trust you guys know what you're doing and look forward to the your upcoming releases!

I think part of my reaction is to the trend of boosting the treble and calling it detail. While it is I agree with you that some boost in the treble region can and should be perceived as detail, I feel like a lot of lesser headphone makers rely on that too much to make their sound. One thing I've learned to enjoy is a smooth, linear treble, that avoids those sharp peaks above 4k. Too many sharp peaks can make it sound like there's detail or air, but it tends to all sound the same.

Worst of all, too many peaks or too much emphasis on those "sensitive" regions will make an IEM unbearable for longer listening. If I can't even listen to my earphones for an hour straight, what's the point of even buying them? #sigh

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #9,336 of 11,644

Worst of all, too many peaks or too much emphasis on those "sensitive" regions will make an IEM unbearable for longer listening. If I can't even listen to my earphones for an hour straight, what's the point of even buying them? #sigh
Actually, during the sound design of an earphone, there are many factors to be considered.
It is difficult to have a products which could satisfy the need of every user because every unique person has their unique demand.

Generally speaking, those factors can be listed as followed:
1. Listening habit. Passive listening? Active listening? Looking for details? Or enjoying the harmony of music?
2. Ear canal size, shape and length. This lead to different resonance frequency inside the ear
3. Favorite music genre. Music is being recorded with different emphasis based on the type of music and also the preference of the mastering engineer
4. Personal reference. When someone has listened to a certain type of sound, let's say a bass-heavy earphone for a long period of time, it is very common that he would feel that the other earphones are too bass lacking. This also means that if a person has been listening to an earphone with more emphasis on the high frequency range, then it is easier for them to accept other products with even more emphasis on the particular range. This is a kind of mental aging.
5. And many more.....

Due to the factors mentioned above, this has lead to different users having different preferences. Therefore it is common that a product which is very well praised by the others simply does not sound right for you.

While some users might feel that some products are having too much emphasis on the low region which caused the other region to become blurry, there are also some users who think that some products are having too much emphasis on the high region which is sensitive to ear. Can we conclude which side is correct? Nope, because both sides have their own supporters.

The world is filled with all these kinds of scenarios. Some prefer A over B while some prefer B over A. There is no right or wrong but just personal preference which makes this world colorful and filled with excitement.
Just imagine that the whole world is loving only 1 color, then can you imagine how would it be if this whole world is being painted into that single color? That is dull.

Let's share love and try to understand the preference of the others and make this world of audiophile an even better one. :)

Apr 7, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #9,337 of 11,644
@Final Audio any plans will be realised low-entry series A? I very curious about this model, because A8000 are to expensive for me, but for me the best earphone.

Apr 7, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #9,338 of 11,644
Decided to go for a closed-back pair of headphones after using open-backs for years. Thus, the Final Sonorous III.
Being a fan of Final's IEMs, was really curious to see how their full-size headphones would perform. Will post impressions after a few days of proper use.

IMG_6856.JPG

IMG_6862.JPG

Apr 7, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #9,339 of 11,644
Decided to go for a closed-back pair of headphones after using open-backs for years. Thus, the Final Sonorous III.
Being a fan of Final's IEMs, was really curious to see how their full-size headphones would perform. Will post impressions after a few days of proper use.

IMG_6856.JPG
IMG_6862.JPG

Congrats! I owned the IV and the VI, and loved them both.

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #9,340 of 11,644
Congrats! I owned the IV and the VI, and loved them both.

Thanks! I also wanted to get the Sonorous VI at first but decided upon the III as it apparently uses the same driver as the Sonorous X. Nonetheless, they are very comfortable to wear and I couldn't really believe that they weight almost half a kilogram.

Apr 8, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #9,341 of 11,644
Wow, the E5000 just got even better when paired with my new Hybrid tube Little Dot 1+ (stock tubes!!!), a bit more tightness in the bass. Gonna have to buy some better tubes because the stocks seems to be really bad compared to others, but even stock was a pleasant surprise with the E5000.

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #9,342 of 11,644
Wow, the E5000 just got even better when paired with my new Hybrid tube Little Dot 1+ (stock tubes!!!), a bit more tightness in the bass. Gonna have to buy some better tubes because the stocks seems to be really bad compared to others, but even stock was a pleasant surprise with the E5000.
Which tubes are you using? Try some Gold Lion ECC82 or Philips 6922 for even lower noise floor and better separation/atmospheric feel. I was actually thinking of getting a small tube amp for the E5000 but my initial trial with a Cavali Tube Hybrid was less than promising. Did you find any issues with the Little Dot so far when paired with E5K?

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #9,343 of 11,644
Which tubes are you using? Try some Gold Lion ECC82 or Philips 6922 for even lower noise floor and better separation/atmospheric feel. I was actually thinking of getting a small tube amp for the E5000 but my initial trial with a Cavali Tube Hybrid was less than promising. Did you find any issues with the Little Dot so far when paired with E5K?
The stock tubes (Chinese 6J1), I just stepped into the tube world and know basically nothing so take my impression with a grain of salt.

The E5000 is the best paired iem of the ones I have tried with the 1+ at this point (only tried the Moondrop Blessing 2, Moondrop KXXS, LZ A6 and E5000 so far). There is some slight hissing but acceptable and could the fans in my computer makes more noise than the hissing. The bass got slightly tighter so it kinda "tames" the bass a bit and gets it under control. The soundstage, details and instrument separation got a level worse. I do believe that the 1+ is a very good hybrid amp for the E5000 because the stock tubes are considered to be really bad and if it sounds this good with them I have no doubt that better tubes will sound heavenly with it.

What I have found to be a issue with the 1+ is when paired with my other iems B2, KXXS and A6 (reminder, have only tried 4 iems). With them there is some more hissing, but the bigger problem is that there is also a strange noise that I wouldnt call hissing but it is more like very low volume of tinnitus in only the left side. Not sure why It happens though.

I have used them for under a hour though, not sure how to burn in tubes because it gets hot and im scared it might explode or something :joy:.
But as far as I know the little dot 1+ seems to be the best hybrid tube amps for both iems and headphones. (pure tube amp will hiss MUCH more with iems). And the 1+ has the possibility of changing tubes too so that is very good. The Schiit Vali2 seems to be another good choice but it is more expensive up front but cannot change tubes, if you change tubes on the 1+ which seems to be recommended though the cost between these 2 is closer.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/little-dot-tube-amps-vacuum-tube-rolling-guide.563884/
Following this thread and gonna get some other tubes in the future.

Apr 8, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #9,344 of 11,644
What I have found to be a issue with the 1+ is when paired with my other iems B2, KXXS and A6 (reminder, have only tried 4 iems). With them there is some more hissing, but the bigger problem is that there is also a strange noise that I wouldnt call hissing but it is more like very low volume of tinnitus in only the left side. Not sure why It happens though.

It's likely impedance mismatch issue since those other IEMs have high sensitivity and low impedance so the FR graph likely shifts abruptly and the drivers themselves distort. It may also lead to phase issues on multi-driver hybrids. E5000 seems to be the perfect candidate for trying out some tube rolling. Will get into it hopefully once the current situation blows over.

Apr 8, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #9,345 of 11,644
It's likely impedance mismatch issue since those other IEMs have high sensitivity and low impedance so the FR graph likely shifts abruptly and the drivers themselves distort. It may also lead to phase issues on multi-driver hybrids. E5000 seems to be the perfect candidate for trying out some tube rolling. Will get into it hopefully once the current situation blows over.
Yeah also waiting until the situation gets better before I start getting upgrade tubes. My wallet is safe for now :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back