Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 10, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #7,157 of 11,665
Am wondering if any full size headphones produce the thick and heavenly sound of the PF IX and Xs?

What was your feeling about the bass performance on the PFs?

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #7,159 of 11,665
The PF 8 has the smoothest and thickest sound of the three with no bright edginess to it whereas the PF 9 has that stainless steel flavor of being bright. It is a mistery how different materials produce such different sound. Just came back from Can Jam and was able to hear most of Final product. To me the Lab 2 is the best Final phone at the moment, ymmv.

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #7,162 of 11,665
Have you heard the PFVIIi? I think that is my favorite in the PF line in terms of sound. In term of look and feel yes I prefer the PF X. I have the Ultrasonic Edition 8, at this point, I will be leaning toward the PF line.

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #7,163 of 11,665
Apr 17, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #7,164 of 11,665
If any owners of the F7200 are interested in buying an aftermarket cable with the special right angle MMCX connectors feel free to send me a PM. I recently bought it from Null Audio to explore aftermarket cables but I don't think I'll get as much use out of it as I thought. It's red and blue braided with a sturdy metal headphone jack and splitter. If you're interested, I am happy to show pics and give more details. I might be open to trades, depending on what you have to offer. It'll work for the F4100 as well, but the connectors have silver accents so it won't look pretty. This is an easy way to get a mic and remote on these IEMs since Final isn't offering any official aftermarket cables, yet at least.

I do feel these IEMs have been heavily underrated on here. How many people in this thread have one of them? I'm curious.

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #7,165 of 11,665
If any owners of the F7200 are interested in buying an aftermarket cable with the special right angle MMCX connectors feel free to send me a PM. I recently bought it from Null Audio to explore aftermarket cables but I don't think I'll get as much use out of it as I thought. It's red and blue braided with a sturdy metal headphone jack and splitter. If you're interested, I am happy to show pics and give more details. I might be open to trades, depending on what you have to offer. It'll work for the F4100 as well, but the connectors have silver accents so it won't look pretty. This is an easy way to get a mic and remote on these IEMs since Final isn't offering any official aftermarket cables, yet at least.

I do feel these IEMs have been heavily underrated on here. How many people in this thread have one of them? I'm curious.

I should receive a package soon. Im not sure which model(s)? I'll be happu to throw some good idea for others ontge fence

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #7,166 of 11,665

I'm in the process of formulating my thoughts for a review on both the F7200 and F4100. I like what I hear, although in no way are these designs for bass lovers.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #7,167 of 11,665
I recently procured a F7200.

I must say that it is a really nice IEM especially when worn over year to reduce microphonics.

Detail retrieval is excellent and sounds very coherent compared to multiple BA setups. Vocals are very natural without any obvious mid range bump preventing vocals to sound nasal.

Bass is a little light but that's no problem as if I want bass i'd look for my DD driver IEMS. Bass is light but no lacking in detail.

I like them!

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #7,168 of 11,665
For those interested, I just posted my review of the F7200. I'm also reviewing the F4100, and will post that review in a few days.

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #7,169 of 11,665
  For those interested, I just posted my review of the F7200. I'm also reviewing the F4100, and will post that review in a few days.

Very nice review. I am also reviewing it, and I agree with most of what you said. However, I happen to like the case, although the bulky cable on the F7200 makes it harder to put back into the case than with the thinner cable of the F4100. I agree that the bass is a huge downside of this series, and most EDM and rap is almost unlistenable due to the anemic bass. That being said, they sound incredible with most other recordings, especially acoustic ones. They are also extremely comfortable due to Final's excellent Type E earpieces and the IEM's small size. This comfort and clarity makes it easy to just put them in and relax with the music. I too was puzzled by the plastic rings that Final claims are necessary, as the tips are so snug that there is no issue using them without the rings. I have been doing so on my F4100 for almost 3 months now without any issues. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #7,170 of 11,665
Very nice review. I am also reviewing it, and I agree with most of what you said. However, I happen to like the case, although the bulky cable on the F7200 makes it harder to put back into the case than with the thinner cable of the F4100. I agree that the bass is a huge downside of this series, and most EDM and rap is almost unlistenable due to the anemic bass. That being said, they sound incredible with most other recordings, especially acoustic ones. They are also extremely comfortable due to Final's excellent Type E earpieces and the IEM's small size. This comfort and clarity makes it easy to just put them in and relax with the music. I too was puzzled by the plastic rings that Final claims are necessary, as the tips are so snug that there is no issue using them without the rings. I have been doing so on my F4100 for almost 3 months now without any issues. 

Thank you, Jeremy, for your kind words. It was a real pleasure to review the F7200, and I'm gladly adding it to my stable of IEMs. We'll see how the F4100 fares ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back