Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 8, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #6,301 of 11,664
  the little filter of my right FIBASS is no longer glued to the FIBASS itself, what should i use to reattach it?

this does of course give a good opportunity to look what's underneath the filter:

i have mine recabled. the driver of the fibass sits at the back of the body. the back is screwable if you twist it. 
BUT of course, it will take the hand of an electronic expert to fix it. Be very careful...
you can put a glue on it (very little only) to bond it together again.

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #6,302 of 11,664
Jun 9, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #6,303 of 11,664

i have mine recabled. the driver of the fibass sits at the back of the body. the back is screwable if you twist it
BUT of course, it will take the hand of an electronic expert to fix it. Be very careful...
you can put a glue on it (very little only) to bond it together again.

i thought the back was glued on? with back, you mean the part with the 8 tiny holes, right?

i'll try to use a small pin and glue the cloth on :)

Jun 13, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #6,304 of 11,664

The Final Audio Heaven Series

#1. Heaven II - (Super quick and nimble bass, excellent midrange, soundstage good. overall smooth sound but treble not well extended)

#2. Heaven IV - (Bass extends deeper than H2 but not as quick, More airy treble)

#3. Heaven V -  (Smooth and tonally warm)
       Heaven V Aging - (Dark and organic mids)

#4. Heaven VI - (Outstanding vocals, great instrument separation, vocal centric)

#5. Heaven VII - (Sweet and smooth treble)

#6. Heaven VIII - (Rich mid range and "analogue" sound)

#7. FI-BA-SS - (Unmatched raw emotional sound, can sound very airy with the right music)

#8. LAB I - (3D soundstage, darker than fibass)

#9. LAB II - (3D soundstage with a coherent presentation)

thanks to audio123 for the information

I just cannot put into words the Heaven II.  It sounds smooth and yet "coarse" at the same time.  However, it is definitely not harsh sounding. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #6,306 of 11,664
I just cannot put into words the Heaven II.  It sounds smooth and yet "coarse" at the same time.  However, it is definitely not harsh sounding. 

The way I would explain that happening in the sound is because the treble is rolled of making it appear smoother but it's actually slightly grainy as well so that could be the culprit for the coarse effect

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #6,311 of 11,664
Have the H II in my ear right now, i agree with the opinion that it might sound dry and coarse on the mids when using the larger bore stock tips, tried changing it to Spinfit right now, it smoothen the mids quite a bit, other than that not much more difference. Won't be there for good as it like to be stuck inside my ear when I pull the IEM out.

Jun 14, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #6,312 of 11,664
What about the v? Never heard it before. Where does it stands?
it stands just behind vi in terms of resolution. Like i said earlier, dark and organic compared to vi forward and organic. :)

Jun 17, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #6,314 of 11,664
  Are there any more news about the Lab II?

in terms of sound or? i provide my impressions earlier in this thread alr
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back