Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 11, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #10,081 of 11,686
Tried my Xelastecs on the E5000 but unfortunately could not get a stable seal. Clear with Red stem stays the default then in my setup.
Hello mate, how are you doing?

The ear, this uniquely-shaped organ that remains the biggest variable in our journey as audio enthusiasts. Nice that you have found the tips that works for you :)

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #10,082 of 11,686
Hi everybody, for anyone that might be interested, I've just posted my review of the Final Audio B1 (I also reviewed the A8000 a while back too). You can find it here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/final-b1.23704/review/24516/
Hope you enjoy; it's my usual vaguely humorous and music-focused approach to reviewing :)

Oct 13, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #10,083 of 11,686
Hi,

I need a bit of advice. I have the Final E5000 which i really love (currently powered off my macbook pro and Hidizs sonata dongle with my tablet/phone) and was wondering whether i should pair them with a Qudelix 5k or a Btr5. I plan on using it for bluetooth most of the time. I was also looking at the ifi xCAN but not sure it's worth the extra over these two. Which of these would best complement the E5000 sound signature? They seem pretty similar but they're apparently differences in the sound. Also, how important is the choice of balanced cable for them as i'm currently looking for one and am worried that it's going to change the sound depending it is OFC or OCC or copper vs silver, 4N, 6N, number of cores etc. it's all a bit overwhelming. How much of its sound depends on the fancy cable it came with? (which i don't really like as it feels quite stiff, and it's microphonic - would prefer lighter, quieter, looser).

Thanks

Oct 13, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #10,084 of 11,686
Hi,

I need a bit of advice. I have the Final E5000 which i really love (currently powered off my macbook pro and Hidizs sonata dongle with my tablet/phone) and was wondering whether i should pair them with a Qudelix 5k or a Btr5. I plan on using it for bluetooth most of the time. I was also looking at the ifi xCAN but not sure it's worth the extra over these two. Which of these would best complement the E5000 sound signature? They seem pretty similar but they're apparently differences in the sound. Also, how important is the choice of balanced cable for them as i'm currently looking for one and am worried that it's going to change the sound depending it is OFC or OCC or copper vs silver, 4N, 6N, number of cores etc. it's all a bit overwhelming. How much of its sound depends on the fancy cable it came with? (which i don't really like as it feels quite stiff, and it's microphonic - would prefer lighter, quieter, looser).

Thanks

Good questions. I can’t comment on the Qudelix or BTR5, but I wrote a review on the x-CAN and I found it to be quite excellent. Also, it uses its own dedicated DAC for bluetooth, if I recall correctly. My personal feeling is your E5000 would match up nicely, and since the x-CAN has the S-Balanced circuitry giving you the primary advantage of balanced using a single-ended connection, you won’t have to worry about swapping cables.

Oct 14, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #10,085 of 11,686
Good questions. I can’t comment on the Qudelix or BTR5, but I wrote a review on the x-CAN and I found it to be quite excellent. Also, it uses its own dedicated DAC for bluetooth, if I recall correctly. My personal feeling is your E5000 would match up nicely, and since the x-CAN has the S-Balanced circuitry giving you the primary advantage of balanced using a single-ended connection, you won’t have to worry about swapping cables.
Nice combo

Attachments

• 32F8EDF8-C617-41D6-BA0F-C37A3503D908.jpeg
    32F8EDF8-C617-41D6-BA0F-C37A3503D908.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Oct 14, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #10,086 of 11,686

thanks for the input! Yeh it is rly nice to get a lot of power using the 3.5 mm as it's more common and works with everything, but i do want to get a better feeling cable at some point. The only thing is whether there is a sound quality improvement in the x-CAN over the smaller devices at 3x the cost. The power output is obviously great though, but 240mW should be enough to fully drive E5000. Tough decision.

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #10,088 of 11,686
thanks for the input! Yeh it is rly nice to get a lot of power using the 3.5 mm as it's more common and works with everything, but i do want to get a better feeling cable at some point. The only thing is whether there is a sound quality improvement in the x-CAN over the smaller devices at 3x the cost. The power output is obviously great though, but 240mW should be enough to fully drive E5000. Tough decision.

Remember to consider future purchases. You may decide to buy a headphone down the road, and the x-CAN can do the job. If the money difference is an issue, then the Qudelix or BTR5 for, under $100(?), will likely make you happy, but I see so many incidences where users only consider their current needs and don’t give consideration to future needs thus more money is spent down the road. Anyway, good luck on your decision.

Oct 16, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #10,089 of 11,686
Never thought I'd use a closed-back headphone over the Sennheiser HD650 (my perennial favorite) but here we are.

Addicted to the sound of the Final Sonorous III. Huge stage that envelops you with precise imaging, tight bass that extends well into sub-bass regions unlike the roll-off of the HD650 and really detailed top-end. None of the closed-backs I've tried under $500 can rival the resolution of these.

No sibilance, no shoutiness. Biggest issue is the weight but I've learned to live with it. Very easy to drive but scales well with upper-tier stuff (not as good as HD650 in that regard though).

If you need a closed-back pair that has a balanced sound with an addictive midrange instead of the usual V-shaped shenanigans give these a strong consideration, esp if you can find them on sale.

1602822491147.png

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #10,090 of 11,686
Never thought I'd use a closed-back headphone over the Sennheiser HD650 (my perennial favorite) but here we are.

Addicted to the sound of the Final Sonorous III. Huge stage that envelops you with precise imaging, tight bass that extends well into sub-bass regions unlike the roll-off of the HD650 and really detailed top-end. None of the closed-backs I've tried under $500 can rival the resolution of these.

No sibilance, no shoutiness. Biggest issue is the weight but I've learned to live with it. Very easy to drive but scales well with upper-tier stuff (not as good as HD650 in that regard though).

If you need a closed-back pair that has a balanced sound with an addictive midrange instead of the usual V-shaped shenanigans give these a strong consideration, esp if you can find them on sale.

1602822491147.png

The IV and VI are both quite excellent as well.

Oct 20, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #10,091 of 11,686
New releases, A3000 and A4000:
a30001.jpg
fcore.jpg
a4000.jpg

Final will release the earphones "A3000" and "A4000" equipped with the completely newly designed driver "f-Core DU" from the final brand on October 28th. The price is open, but the A3000 is expected to sell for around 12,800 yen including tax, and the A4000 is expected to sell for around 15,800 yen including tax.

A new product of the "A series" that pursues "transparent sound" born from the development of the flagship earphone " A8000 ". In order to realize transparent sound at an affordable price range, we set up a new base overseas, newly designed all driver parts from the diaphragm to the adhesive of each part, and φ6 mm dynamic driver unit "f-Core DU" Developed. By developing the driver in-house, it is said that it has achieved high sound quality that "cannot be in the same price range".

By carefully pressing the diaphragm in a small lot of about 1/3 of the normal size, pressure bias is suppressed and uniform molding without distortion is achieved. In addition, in order to improve the time response performance of the diaphragm, the voice coil uses 30 micro ultra-fine CCAW and is assembled with the minimum amount of adhesive to reduce the weight of the moving parts.

The driver front housing is made of brass, which is less susceptible to magnetic force than aluminum and has a high specific gravity. The connector is 2pin and comes with the original OFC cable.

The A3000 is a model that aims for an overwhelmingly natural sound, in which each sound is localized so that it emerges with a contour in a relaxed atmosphere. The housing is matte black and has a "special matte coating" that is resistant to fingerprints and has a high quality texture.

The A4000 is a model that aims for a sound that allows you to clearly feel the rhythm of vocals and each instrument, and to get an uplifting feeling that makes your body move naturally. The housing is dark blue and has a special matte finish similar to the A3000.

As features common to both models, ear hooks with a lock mechanism, a silicon carry case, and 5 original earpiece sizes with different colors on the left and right axes are included.

Translated from: https://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/202010/20/51342.html

Also, a new VR/gaming model using the same design called VR3000: https://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/202010/20/51343.html

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #10,093 of 11,686
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back