Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Mar 5, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #3,316 of 4,854
Mar 5, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #3,319 of 4,854
You are right. It is reasonable when You have only few headphones in Your inventory. It is more interesting why ppl sell D8000 Pro in case like this: I have seen one headfiier who loved D8000 Pro and he had LCD-5 or 4z (don’t remember) Utopia, Elite, HD800s and few mid-fi like Anadna, T1 etc and even he bought Elite and LCD after owning D8000 Pro for about 2 years he still claimed he love them more and they are best from his gear stock. And he still sold D8000 Pro to buy Susvara. He could easily sell other cans or even few from mid-fi section but he chose to sell D8000 Pro. And I have seen few examples like this, even in this thread and I just wonder why the choice was D8000 Pro :) I am just curious but I am aware the answer is more complicated:)
Everybody has their own reasons for selling, you should ask the specific people if you are this curious. I don't actually think that more D8K pros get sold on the second-hand market than any other flagship headphones.

Mar 5, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #3,320 of 4,854
Mar 6, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #3,322 of 4,854
So I've had my D8000 Pros for about a month now and think I've finally found a headphone that suits my sonic preferences in stock form. I've tried others like the LCD 5 that were more immediately engaging but find the mix of technicality and musicality on the pros pretty much perfect for me. I think I've realised that the hifiman/harman style upper midrange tuning was too shouty for my tastes so the recession the d8000 pros have in that region has been great for me.

So far I've just been running them on a schiit magni/modi stack as I wanted to find the right headphone before splashing out more on source gear. Anyone got any recommendations for DACs and Amps that I should be upgrading to in the future that work well with these headphones?

Also looking to branch out into IEM's so any shout outs for a pair that have a similar tuning to the d8000 pros?

Cheers

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #3,324 of 4,854
I've noticed that my D8000 Pros sound signautre has changed since I first got them. The highs seems to have mellowed out and the bass has really come forward on them. they went from being slightly bright to pretty warm and bassy headphones. Did anyone else notice that with the D800 Pro?
Happened to me too, I think it is us that got used to the sound :sweat_smile:

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #3,325 of 4,854
I've noticed that my D8000 Pros sound signautre has changed since I first got them. The highs seems to have mellowed out and the bass has really come forward on them. they went from being slightly bright to pretty warm and bassy headphones. Did anyone else notice that with the D800 Pro?
Yes, the first 200 hours were very important in this matter, but the headphones continued to evolve into this kind of sweet warmness over the whole first year. In my opinion it might be related to how earpads age. I will definitely have more details on it soon since I plan to buy a new pair of G-Type and replace mine. If that happens I'll inform.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #3,326 of 4,854
Yes, the first 200 hours were very important in this matter, but the headphones continued to evolve into this kind of sweet warmness over the whole first year.
Happened to me too, I think it is us that got used to the sound :sweat_smile:
Interesting. I wonder if the D8000 Pro LE will do the same thing and end up sound just like the D8000 Pro? Ignore that it was more of self thought to try and prevent myself from spending money I don't have on a headphone I don't need.

I will try and write a comparison of the D8000 Pro and the Kennerton Thror Novel at some point.

Mar 10, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #3,327 of 4,854
Interesting. I wonder if the D8000 Pro LE will do the same thing and end up sound just like the D8000 Pro? Ignore that it was more of self thought to try and prevent myself from spending money I don't have on a headphone I don't need.

I will try and write a comparison of the D8000 Pro and the Kennerton Thror Novel at some point.
I was very very tempted by LE but then I know myself and D8KP is already masterpiece... Endgame for sure regular D8K, Pro, LE....

Mar 10, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #3,328 of 4,854
I was very very tempted by LE but then I know myself and D8KP is already masterpiece... Endgame for sure regular D8K, Pro, LE....
What I think I will not appreciate on LE are smoother highs. For me D8K Pro is at the limit because of my tube amp. I would prefer a little bit more aggressivity on that area.

Mar 10, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #3,329 of 4,854
What I think I will not appreciate on LE are smoother highs. For me D8K Pro is at the limit because of my tube amp. I would prefer a little bit more aggressivity on that area.
Yes, the first 200 hours were very important in this matter, but the headphones continued to evolve into this kind of sweet warmness over the whole first year. In my opinion it might be related to how earpads age. I will definitely have more details on it soon since I plan to buy a new pair of G-Type and replace mine. If that happens I'll inform.
Even on the LE a find the highs a bit fatiguing compared to Elites. Also, the long term changes you perceive are more likely to be just the tubes changing as they age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back