Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Feb 12, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #3,226 of 4,824
Any comparison to the Elite, Susvara, other flagships?
A new Susvara from a dealer == Used (D8000, OG LCD-4, HEK v2). Susvara doesn't have the bass of the first two, probably is just short of the midrange timbre of the D8k. The HEK v2 is quite similar in the treble to the Susvara. If I had the dough, I'm taking the 3. Even new Sus vs new the HEK v2 & D8k - I'll take the pair.

If you want to go estat or ribbon - that could change things. Back to standard amp headphones: Don't know the Elite, but its seen as a much more nuetral and defined listen than its forebearer - which is good, because that's the elevator muzak can of the high end. Some like the Caldera and and LCD-5 are favored by some - but I have not heard them.

Feb 12, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #3,227 of 4,824
A new Susvara from a dealer == Used (D8000, OG LCD-4, HEK v2). Susvara doesn't have the bass of the first two, probably is just short of the midrange timbre of the D8k. The HEK v2 is quite similar in the treble to the Susvara. If I had the dough, I'm taking the 3. Even new Sus vs new the HEK v2 & D8k - I'll take the pair.

If you want to go estat or ribbon - that could change things. Back to standard amp headphones: Don't know the Elite, but its seen as a much more nuetral and defined listen than its forebearer - which is good, because that's the elevator muzak can of the high end. Some like the Caldera and and LCD-5 are favored by some - but I have not heard them.
I've already tested the Susvara multiple times and I took the Elite over both it and LCD-5. Similar tonality to Susvara, better slam than both of them to my ears. As well as much wider soundstage. Susvara had better depth though. Shame no one owns/ can compare the Elite to D8000 Pro at least.

Feb 12, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #3,228 of 4,824
I've already tested the Susvara multiple times and I took the Elite over both it and LCD-5. Similar tonality to Susvara, better slam than both of them to my ears. As well as much wider soundstage. Susvara had better depth though. Shame no one owns/ can compare the Elite to D8000 Pro at least.
I picked the Elite over the Susvara and LCD5 too. I also sold my D8000 (OG). Susvara needs an atom reactor or at least really top shelf chain to be driven properly. I can't afford that. From the gear I heard the Susvara from I don't think made them justice (TT2/MScaler); just sounded thin and not too engaging.
The LCD5 is an impressive and precise machine but I found it cold and soul-less; a purpose built monitor.
Solitaire P is fantastic. I love that headphone but partly due to the price, partly due to Meze's superior comfort and partly my love for Elite's tonality I still chose the Elite over the Soli P.
I also sold my D8000 OG which I really enjoyed. I couldn't get on with the long term comfort not even with the pro pads. I also found the bass, while very impressive and addictive, slightly too much at times. (I know, the pro version has slightly less bass quantity.) I picked the Elite due to it's bigger and more natural soundstage and more lifelike timbre, more open presentation. I also think the Elite has more details than the original D8K. I never heard the D8Kpro, but due to my comfort issues with the og it is a no go for me. I would love to audition the LE though. Sounds like that is the best tuning out of the three Final variants.

Feb 12, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #3,229 of 4,824
but due to my comfort issues with the og it is a no go for me. I would love to audition the LE though. Sounds like that is the best tuning out of the three Final variants.
Comfort is what's keeping me from trying the D8000 Pro LE...Not sure if it is actually better than Pro due to the better pads and theoretically better weight distribution because of it. @ScornDefeat @Tano any comments here?
From the gear I heard the Susvara from I don't think made them justice (TT2/MScaler); just sounded thin and not too engaging.
Definitely not, I plugged them into Dave (Much lower power than TT2, admittedly) and they sounded completely broken. Same with the Oor without a balanced cable. Huge difference running it balanced, and am curious how much better the HM1 can make them.
Susvara needs an atom reactor or at least really top shelf chain to be driven properly
This wouldn't be an issue with the new amp coming soon, but I doubt even that can get some decent slam out of them. Admittedly, it was very good technically, but a bit boring and overhyped imo. I still think I'd rather have the D8000 pro Le or Elites over them if comfort isn't that big of an issue.

Feb 12, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #3,230 of 4,824
Comfort is what's keeping me from trying the D8000 Pro LE...Not sure if it is actually better than Pro due to the better pads and theoretically better weight distribution because of it. @ScornDefeat @Tano any comments here?
Comfort is a big improvement on the LE compared to the regular Pro. But every head is different and still don't think that it could even touch the comfort of the Meze headphones.

Feb 12, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #3,231 of 4,824

Pro LE has the best comfort of the bunch, in my opinion, with OG being the worst. Clamp force and subsequent distribution of weight due to the new pads makes Pro LE win the comfort battle.

With that being said, I put D8K Pro LE in the bottom half of headphones I've owned/tried (a fairly extensive list) and not the top half, strictly due to weight and lack of suspension headband. When it comes to TOTL headphones, ADX5000, Susvara, Elite and (most, not all) ZMF headphones best it, while Solitaire P is about equal and options like 1266 TC and Heddphone are certainly worse.

Feb 16, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #3,233 of 4,824
Comfort is a big improvement on the LE compared to the regular Pro. But every head is different and still don't think that it could even touch the comfort of the Meze headphones.
I agree, I have D8000 pro and I used to have a empyrean (which is 99% same as the elite comfort wise) the comfortable from Meze is hard to beat.

Feb 18, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #3,234 of 4,824
I considered ordering my pair from him too, thanks for the input.
How long did you have them before they failed?
2 months is not reasonable, you should ask a refund, but then I somehow doubt he'll be forthcoming.
Hello guys,
Just to give you a quick update on my misfortune (driver failure with a D8K pro), i still have no news from the dealer as where is the headphone. The company (Audition6/owner Heiko Boss), has no clue where the headphone is after it was went to the distributor, Heiko just asks me to wait... very frustrating.
The headphone was received by Heiko on November 7th, so it's been over 3 months of wait and i still don't know anything precise.
If any news, i will post here of course.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #3,235 of 4,824
Hello guys,
Just to give you a quick update on my misfortune (driver failure with a D8K pro), i still have no news from the dealer as where is the headphone. The company (Audition6/owner Heiko Boss), has no clue where the headphone is after it was went to the distributor, Heiko just asks me to wait... very frustrating.
The headphone was received by Heiko on November 7th, so it's been over 3 months of wait and i still don't know anything precise.
That is very frustrating. I dealt with Heiko twice and he was always very helpful and communicative. He came across as a genuine dealer. Final should really give him some update though. These international warranty repairs can take quite some time. I personally would probably give them another month and if nothing happens ask the dealer to find an alternative solution. (Replacement pair or refund.)

Feb 18, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #3,236 of 4,824
Hello guys,
To be honest if I had paid for a pair of cans 4k $ and after 3 months they would tell me they have no clue where my headphones are and to "just wait" (after 3 months and who knows how long it will take) I would not be so kind... It is not normal... Have You considered to take a legal "steps" against them?

Feb 18, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #3,237 of 4,824
Hello guys,
that is unacceptable,you should demand a new unit and If they dont comply you should call your credit card company and tell them about it

Feb 19, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #3,238 of 4,824
Thank you for your advice, to make things a bit more complicated, i am not the first owner, it is Konstantin from Lavricables. I just reached to him to see if he can help…
I still hope it ends well though

Feb 19, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #3,239 of 4,824
Well, i just got the following email from Heiko:
« Hi Julien,
the headphone is on the way back to me!
It’s possible that it already arrived.
I‘m outside for skiing for some days cause we have carnival holidays in Germany.
Can be sent back during the following week.
It’s repaired!
But good thing takes time and Final Audio is far away!
Regards
Heiko »
🤞

Feb 19, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #3,240 of 4,824
Well, i just got the following email from Heiko:
« Hi Julien,
the headphone is on the way back to me!
It’s possible that it already arrived.
I‘m outside for skiing for some days cause we have carnival holidays in Germany.
Can be sent back during the following week.
It’s repaired!
But good thing takes time and Final Audio is far away!
Regards
Heiko »
🤞
Still it is ridiculous for me :)

It is like “sorry we don’t know where Your 4 grands are mate. Yeah wait another 3 months fam. Maybe we will ridle this out, maybe not. We will see. Btw thx for Your money dude!”

It is not like headphones for 100$. It is huge amount of money and lack of information from them is just sick…
Maybe ask them for some kind of refund? Maybe discount for next gear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back