Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Nov 11, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #2,838 of 4,999
Hi guys. Got a question for the regular D8000 owners. A friend of mine likes my D8000 pros a lot and he was thinking of getting the regular D8000 cause he prefers a bit more warmth and midbass presence.
The problem is that his volume levels are 80-85 dbs and hes afraid of the clipping that some units have.

Does anyone measured the levels at which it clips? He won't be using any EQ.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #2,842 of 4,999
Hi guys. Got a question for the regular D8000 owners. A friend of mine likes my D8000 pros a lot and he was thinking of getting the regular D8000 cause he prefers a bit more warmth and midbass presence.
The problem is that his volume levels are 80-85 dbs and hes afraid of the clipping that some units have.

Does anyone measured the levels at which it clips? He won't be using any EQ.

Thanks in advance.
I'd be highly surprised. 85db is totally fine. I'd say even 90db is nothing to worry about

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #2,844 of 4,999
That's nice to hear. Thank you very much for your reply.
With the regular D/8000 you’ll get a bit more volume flexibility with solid state amps rather than Tube amps.
Honestly, in the beginning I didn’t have the pad alignment right and my tubes on my amp weren’t properly broken in, so I really couldn’t even go past 80 DB!

Nowadays I can crank them if need be, but what you need to know is that there is bass alleviated in the D/8000 tuning and with some types of recordings that are alleviated in the mid and sub bass regions by a large margin the D-8000 will clip if you listen loud with those types of recordings.
I would say that is the only negative that I can possibly find with the D/8000.

For the most part, the headphone does so well with many many recording types.

Nov 11, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #2,845 of 4,999
With the regular D/8000 you’ll get a bit more volume flexibility with solid state amps rather than Tube amps.
Honestly, in the beginning I didn’t have the pad alignment right and my tubes on my amp weren’t properly broken in, so I really couldn’t even go past 80 DB!

Nowadays I can crank them if need be, but what you need to know is that there is bass alleviated in the D/8000 tuning and with some types of recordings that are alleviated in the mid and sub bass regions by a large margin the D-8000 will clip if you listen loud with those types of recordings.
I would say that is the only negative that I can possibly find with the D/8000.

For the most part, the headphone does so well with many many recording types.
Thanks! He is gonna use solid state only but he listen to quite a bit of heavy bass music like EDM and soundtracks, so that's why he is afraid of the clipping. I guess he will have to find out himself if he decides to buy them.
Appreciate your help!

Nov 12, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #2,847 of 4,999
Thanks! He is gonna use solid state only but he listen to quite a bit of heavy bass music like EDM and soundtracks, so that's why he is afraid of the clipping. I guess he will have to find out himself if he decides to buy them.
Appreciate your help!
If he get a clipping or rattle problem he can contact FAD and they will repair it. You can find more info in this thread in earlier posts :wink:

Nov 12, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #2,848 of 4,999
I never clipped on the D8000. I can't fathom how loud you guys are listening to cause it!
No. Honestly it isn’t that loud. It is the type of music recording, which Accentuates too much bass frequency response. The D-8000 is already elevated in the certain regions of bass, so you can get that certain type of recording that doesn’t agree with them.
For me, it doesn’t happen often.

How I really feel about the D-8000 is that they’re a headphone you do not need to crank. They sound full and dynamic as hell at moderate listening levels.
They are the best headphone I have for lower level listening. :)

Nov 13, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #2,849 of 4,999
Hey folks, after reading large parts of this thread and watching every Youtube review on the D8000 Pro, some more then once, I've just pulled the trigger. I'm upgrading from a Hifiman Ananda, the D8K Pro should be with me in about two days. I also considered the Hifiman HE1000SE both appealed to me due to not needing god tier amplfier power.

Thanks for all your insights and comparisons.

Nov 13, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #2,850 of 4,999
Fad ?
Hey folks, after reading large parts of this thread and watching every Youtube review on the D8000 Pro, some more then once, I've just pulled the trigger. I'm upgrading from a Hifiman Ananda, the D8K Pro should be with me in about two days. I also considered the Hifiman HE1000SE both appealed to me due to not needing god tier amplfier power.

Thanks for all your insights and comparisons.
Did you consider the limited edition version ?? It's better tuned looks amazing and comes with the best case I've ever seen for a headphone also the pads are better. Comes with XLR cable and 4.4mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back