Final Audio D8000 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jun 21, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #1,396 of 4,999
How easy or hard are pad swaps on the Final D8000 (Pro)?

Jun 21, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #1,397 of 4,999
I have no experience, but they are being sold for $79.99 here in the USA.
I have read a few folks that have done the replacement and it takes a firm hand to remove after pulling up one of the edges abit..

I think there is a video online for this as well??
I will try to find it.

Alex

Note: Nothing as easy as the Empys for sure.

Jun 21, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #1,398 of 4,999
No balanced cable, for some this will be "well" a miss, but Final obviously thought not...

It is a miss for sure if you happen to have a headphone amp that gives you more power via balanced outputs. I bought the Final balanced cable along with the phones, which added an extra $450 to the cost, but it is what it is.

Enjoyed reading your impressions. Pretty much how I feel about them though I haven't done as many comparisons with other cans of the same tier.

Jun 21, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #1,400 of 4,999
I think it was Amos "Currawong" that stated these fit in between the Empys and Utopias..and I agree there.

I wanted more clarity without loosing any of the musical listening magic..and these have this quality in spades for me...

Really awesome headphones...small nits with the heavy and fit but nothing really gross.

I have found by folding a small washcloth and placing it on my head before putting on the D8000 Pro's that the fit and clamp force
is "perfect"...and you loosed that "sagging" slight heaviness feeling...

I had a cloth covering for my Focal OG Clears and I think I will make one up for these...

Alex

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #1,401 of 4,999
It was hard wearing this HPs for long sessions the first days after coming from Arya which is so light and comfortable.... 1 month later, neck is stronger and D8000 Pro are comfortable and they fit so good to the head thanks to the balling mechanism...

Jun 21, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #1,404 of 4,999
I sent him a note and they dont use the locking connectors...not a big deal.

Just need to remember not to tie the grounds together with XPL using SE....some amps will not like this at all..

I usually make my own cables. But honestly dont see the need so far..I do have sevearal balanced amps as well.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #1,405 of 4,999
I can hear an AC leak if I touch the drivers, I don't like this at all haha, I never touch em tho but sometimes when taking them off.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back