FiiO X7 preview world tour--tour impressions rolling in
Oct 26, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #287 of 732

In da house!

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #288 of 732
Oct 26, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #289 of 732

can i see what the app looks like mine is totally not in english

Yep, mine looks exactly like Relic's

Can I just quickly mention that despite all the limitations with the Android itself, the actual SQ of the unit is just phenomally good, absolutely top class - I was A/B-ing with my X5 gen 1 last night and the difference is really heaven and earth.

One that jumped straight away is the ability to control sibilance; two songs (Flame Trees by Cold Chisel, and What You Thought You Need by Jack Johnson) were noticeably sibilant on the X5 through DN-2000J, more so on the 'sssss', but on X7, all the sibilance are gone, poof...into thin air.

I should receive my Xduoo X3 today too, will do a bit more detail comparison between the 3

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #290 of 732

Can I just quickly mention that despite all the limitations with the Android itself, the actual SQ of the unit is just phenomally good, absolutely top class - I was A/B-ing with my X5 gen 1 last night and the difference is really heaven and earth.

One that jumped straight away is the ability to control sibilance; two songs (Flame Trees by Cold Chisel, and What You Thought You Need by Jack Johnson) were noticeably sibilant on the X5 through DN-2000J, more so on the 'sssss', but on X7, all the sibilance are gone, poof...into thin air.

I should receive my Xduoo X3 today too, will do a bit more detail comparison between the 3

Loaded spotify and HOLY FU** it sounds so good 
eek.gif

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #291 of 732
Very VERY first impression........ They've tamed the Sabre well........

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #292 of 732
OK I downloaded Tidal.apk, installed it, and worked!

Logged in, and quickly skim through a few tracks (FLAC's) - absolutely beautiful thing this is, I can hardly wipe the smile off my face...

L3000.gif

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #293 of 732

Logged in, and quickly skim through a few tracks (FLAC's) - absolutely beautiful thing this is, I can hardly wipe the smile off my face...

L3000.gif

I cant wait to get my Tour unit and try the Tidal,this is what ive been waiting to hear if it worked are not. Its good to see you got it to work.

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #294 of 732

L3000.gif

Same feeling with Spotify premium. It is a huge upgrade for me. Local flac files sound even better.

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #295 of 732

I cant wait to get my Tour unit and try the Tidal,this is what ive been waiting to hear if it worked are not. Its good to see you got it to work.

Yep, a bit fiddly, but I think I've got it measured out.

I will try and download the other music apps .apk a but later on (Deezer, Pandora, RadioTunes, DI.fm, Soundcloud, etc) - if all work, then who cares about Google Play Store 
wink_face.gif

For you guys with the tour unit now, the easiest way to set up is 
  • Update to the latest fw as per the included instructions
  • Download all the music .apk you need from your PC/Mac (quite easy to find .apk's, just do Google search).
  • Connect the X7 to your PC/Mac, then copy/paste all the .apk's into the 'download' folder 
  • Use the X7 to start installing all
  • Enjoy, and don't drool too much 
    beyersmile.png

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #296 of 732
Just a wild shot in the dark...

You guys may try downloading and then installing this
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/google-play-services-8-3-00-2353383-876-android-apk-download/

and THEN Google Play
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-5-10-30-android-apk-download/

?

What do the error messages you guys receive look like?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 26, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #297 of 732

Mine looks like Relics too :)  Man the reduced sibilance thing is on the money. Treble sounds so damn good now, very very refined with no harshness.

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #298 of 732
Just a wild shot in the dark...

You guys may try downloading and then installing this
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/google-play-services-8-3-00-2353383-876-android-apk-download/

and THEN Google Play
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-5-10-30-android-apk-download/

?

What do the error messages you guys receive look like?

Thanks Joe, will try this later, enjoying Tidal's FLAC streaming on the X7 too much to do anything else...
dt880smile.png

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #299 of 732
just now looking at some of the apps for android... over at google play...  looks like Onkyo HF player would be a good choice as it allows DSD playback as well as FLAC

Oct 26, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #300 of 732
just now looking at some of the apps for android... over at google play...  looks like Onkyo HF player would be a good choice as it allows DSD playback as well as FLAC

Am I missing something here? Wouldn't you just want to use FiiO's music app for all your file format needs? The EQ looks good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back