FiiO X7 preview world tour--tour impressions rolling in
Oct 26, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #302 of 732
Oct 26, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #303 of 732
  OK I managed to install Spotify on it, using the direct .apk link that Joe mentioned above

So the issue here is perhaps not the 'security' side of Android (install from unknown resources etc), but could be that apps must be within the 'whitelisted' list within the fw

Will try and get Tidal's .apk file.

I'm hoping that the final version (at least for the batch for the western market) will have Play Store pre-installed, I know Xiaomi is starting to do that for it's phone and tablet, they are preinstalling PLay Store for the export batch.

beerchug.gif

[EDIT] Another thing - last night I was listening and A/B-ing with X5 (with Dunu DN-2000J and Fidue A73), when I finished, I noticed the battery was at 85% (from full charge, and about 1hr listening, which is fair enough) - I went to work this morning, took the unit, and I was getting ready to do some more listening, but the battery was at 35%? Looked little strange to me, will do some more battery testing in the coming days

Checking the usage under Battery might reveal what's eating away at it

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #304 of 732
Just a wild shot in the dark...

You guys may try downloading and then installing this
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/google-play-services-8-3-00-2353383-876-android-apk-download/

and THEN Google Play
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-5-10-30-android-apk-download/

?

What do the error messages you guys receive look like?

Trying this now, Joe.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #305 of 732
Would holding the power button and say the Vol- button at the same time work?

Yes it works Thanks!

Can't get this to work. Pushing both at the same time just makes the volume decrease.

djvkool: Can you post a link to a working Tidal.apk? I've tried d/l'ing a couple directly with X7. Neither installed. Same with Deezer.

Joe Bloggs: Google Play Services wouldn't install. Couldnt get screenshot to work. Error just said: app not installed. Real helpful, right :rolleyes:

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #306 of 732
Can't get this to work. Pushing both at the same time just makes the volume decrease.

djvkool: Can you post a link to a working Tidal.apk? I've tried d/l'ing a couple directly with X7. Neither installed. Same with Deezer.

Joe Bloggs: Google Play Services wouldn't install. Couldnt get screenshot to work. Error just said: app not installed. Real helpful, right :rolleyes:

The X7 needs to off first, looks like you're tryin it with the unit on.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #307 of 732

Huh? How can I take a screenshot if the X7's off, Craig?

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #308 of 732

But he was trying to take a screenshot...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 27, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #309 of 732
I feel so stupid.. :confused_face(1):

Thought is was for the update......

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #312 of 732
 So going with what you know..

I wanna buy the Chord Mojo for my Note 4 or the X7...which one do you rec?
No Bass boost and you think they want that?

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #313 of 732
Joe Bloggs, or anyone else, do you know where I can find the cool VU meter screen James showed earlier in the main X7 thread.

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #315 of 732
Took the X7 out for a walk with Titan 5, which some might consider a bit bright. On Low Gain, I had the X7 set to 50% with T5 (32Ohm / 108dB). First impression of X7 w/IEM module is leveled-up DX90. Sabre sound but without the glare I sometimes get with DX90. It was outside, so take that with a grain of salt.

Beauty shot

Amp connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back