FiiO X7 preview world tour--tour impressions rolling in
Oct 26, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #273 of 732
No impressions yet, but here's something...  

So about 25 seconds for boot up? Interesting. If it doesn't use up much power in standby mode, then I'd possibly lean towards leaving it on all of the time.

Oct 26, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #277 of 732
Truly atrocious cell phone pic to show I just received the X7 despite DHL dumping it in my front porch while I was out instead of in the back as requested. At least they didn't steal a kidney like they do in Canada
rolleyes.gif

I think I just queefed a little.

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #281 of 732
I've been trying to install too, so far to no avail.

music app only in chinese for the 'tips and tricks' bit, the rest are in English

what we want is probably Tidal, or Deezer, as they both offer FLAC streaming, I have both and although in Australia, Deezer FLAC streaming is only through Sonos (for time being), Tidal does full FLAC streaming here, so ideally, I would like to get Tidal installed 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #285 of 732
OK I managed to install Spotify on it, using the direct .apk link that Joe mentioned above

So the issue here is perhaps not the 'security' side of Android (install from unknown resources etc), but could be that apps must be within the 'whitelisted' list within the fw

Will try and get Tidal's .apk file.

I'm hoping that the final version (at least for the batch for the western market) will have Play Store pre-installed, I know Xiaomi is starting to do that for it's phone and tablet, they are preinstalling PLay Store for the export batch.

beerchug.gif

[EDIT] Another thing - last night I was listening and A/B-ing with X5 (with Dunu DN-2000J and Fidue A73), when I finished, I noticed the battery was at 85% (from full charge, and about 1hr listening, which is fair enough) - I went to work this morning, took the unit, and I was getting ready to do some more listening, but the battery was at 35%? Looked little strange to me, will do some more battery testing in the coming days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back