FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Apr 30, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #5,671 of 6,207
Dear friend,

The issue happens in lineout output or coaxial output but not headphone out, right? If you set the screen off time(sleep) to 30 minutes, does the issue happen in screen on mode?

Best regards

I can't confirm that " ... or ...". It happens on coaxial output, I didn't test with line out analog; and yes, it doesn't happen when hearing from headphones (coaxial disconnected).
I can set the screen off time to 30 minutes and test, don't know if I'm understanding "screen on mode", the problem exists when the screen is on and it goes to sleep, I think I have mine to minimum 1 minute.

Yesterday night it only happened once just after starting playing; This bug is very very recent, I guess since FW 1.0.7 ot 1.0.8?
I listen a lot from coaxial output to my external DAC/AMP and had never this "pauses" before.

UPDATE: Sorry, I can't test it anymore

Regards

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #5,672 of 6,207
Dear friend,

The issue happens in lineout output or coaxial output but not headphone out, right? If you set the screen off time(sleep) to 30 minutes, does the issue happen in screen on mode?

Best regards
The player pauses after it goes into screen off mode while using coaxial output. It doesn’t happen while the screen is on.

This began with the latest firmware as I never had this problem before I updated.

May 2, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #5,676 of 6,207
May 6, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #5,678 of 6,207
I just ordered a 2nd hand fiio x7 mk2, then i found this thread with full of complains and bugs/errors. I want to upgrade sound quality from my currently ZX300. If i just want to use fulltime Pure music mode, no Android or 2 SD card needed, will it work well?

May 7, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #5,679 of 6,207
I just ordered a 2nd hand fiio x7 mk2, then i found this thread with full of complains and bugs/errors. I want to upgrade sound quality from my currently ZX300. If i just want to use fulltime Pure music mode, no Android or 2 SD card needed, will it work well?
Only the newer firmwares are possibly going to cause you issues with this type of use and it didn't happen to all,... I reverted back to 1.0.6 and have no issues with it when playing from both SD cards.
It is a shame though as clearly it is putting people off buying them .. Mine is up for sale but not because I think it's a bad player it's great, I'm just upgrading
Anyone interested then PM me.

May 7, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #5,680 of 6,207

I use my X7II with latest jp firmware (jp 1.1.1). I use it in Pure and with spotify or Netron. I switch between AM2 and AM3A ampmodules use 2x 256gb sd cards and I have NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER. I love my X7II and I use it almost everyday.

May 7, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #5,681 of 6,207
Only the newer firmwares are possibly going to cause you issues with this type of use and it didn't happen to all,... I reverted back to 1.0.6 and have no issues with it when playing from both SD cards.
It is a shame though as clearly it is putting people off buying them .. Mine is up for sale but not because I think it's a bad player it's great, I'm just upgrading
Anyone interested then PM me.

I use my X7II with latest jp firmware (jp 1.1.1). I use it in Pure and with spotify or Netron. I switch between AM2 and AM3A ampmodules use 2x 256gb sd cards and I have NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER. I love my X7II and I use it almost everyday.

Thanks for your feedback, looking forward to receive my X7mk2

May 7, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #5,682 of 6,207
Thanks for your feedback, looking forward to receive my X7mk2

I am on my second X7ii, having upgraded from the original X7. I sold my first X7ii, having been tempted by an Astell & KIern KANN, which had very good storage facilities and was on offer at Amazon UK for £200 below list price. I only kept it for about 3 months and realised my mistake, as I preferred the sound quality of the X7ii. I sold the KANN and went back to another X7ii.

I use it with FiiO Music and in folder mode, with albums of mainly FLAC files and some WAV files, in their own separate folders. I use a Sandisk 400GB card in SD1 and a Sandisk 256GB card in SD2. I don't have any issues in using it this way and can access both SD cards and the internal storage of 64GB without any problems.

I certainly don't regret going back to the X7ii and I believe that it would be difficult to beat it for the sound quality at the price. Most of the criticism is aimed at software problems and although most problems are resolved with updates, I personally believe that the software (engineer(s) are not as competent as they should be. Some posters have stated their intention of changing to the new IBasso DX 220, which I believe is about one third more expensive than the FiiO. I have looked at the one star reviews of the IBasso DX200 on Amazon UK and they have similar complaints regarding their software.

Enjoy your X7ii, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

May 7, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #5,683 of 6,207
I'm also still very happy with the soundquality of the X7MkII and fortunately haven't experienced any of the software issues. I use it with Cosmic Ears CE6P monitors. I used to use only Hiby player, but since a few months I tend to listen more with Fiio's own player. Enjoy your X7!

May 7, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #5,685 of 6,207
I am on my second X7ii, having upgraded from the original X7. I sold my first X7ii, having been tempted by an Astell & KIern KANN, which had very good storage facilities and was on offer at Amazon UK for £200 below list price. I only kept it for about 3 months and realised my mistake, as I preferred the sound quality of the X7ii. I sold the KANN and went back to another X7ii.

I use it with FiiO Music and in folder mode, with albums of mainly FLAC files and some WAV files, in their own separate folders. I use a Sandisk 400GB card in SD1 and a Sandisk 256GB card in SD2. I don't have any issues in using it this way and can access both SD cards and the internal storage of 64GB without any problems.

I certainly don't regret going back to the X7ii and I believe that it would be difficult to beat it for the sound quality at the price. Most of the criticism is aimed at software problems and although most problems are resolved with updates, I personally believe that the software (engineer(s) are not as competent as they should be. Some posters have stated their intention of changing to the new IBasso DX 220, which I believe is about one third more expensive than the FiiO. I have looked at the one star reviews of the IBasso DX200 on Amazon UK and they have similar complaints regarding their software.

Enjoy your X7ii, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
I also think the Kann is good for storage and output power but specification-wise is oudated. I have tried the DX200 and UI is laggy and the device itself is heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back