FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
May 7, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #5,686 of 6,207
I just ordered a 2nd hand fiio x7 mk2, then i found this thread with full of complains and bugs/errors. I want to upgrade sound quality from my currently ZX300. If i just want to use fulltime Pure music mode, no Android or 2 SD card needed, will it work well?

X7 Mk2 is still a great DAP. Ok, complains and bugs, some of us just got tired but reality is that most of the DAPs out there suffer from the same pains. If you're looking for sound quality and a great pack of features, you will be very pleased; the modular amps give lots of flexibility and sound is fantastic. I no longer have X7 mk2. Lately I've been looking for an excuse to “upgrade” my DAP and on my latest FW update adventure I stumble on a bug related with pauses on music when playing thru the coaxial digital out - that was the water drop that made my decision to sell. But I guess I am too picky, no perfect world out there, the more I read on other forums/brands the more I get frustrated, mostly with android based DAPs - man, +10 years ago I had a very good iPod DAP with zero bugs!!!

Bottom line, you're ok with X7 mk2, you wont regret
My 2 cents

May 7, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #5,687 of 6,207
+10 years ago I had a very good iPod DAP with zero bugs!!!
+15 years ago I had a very good iRiver H140 DAP with zero bugs and a lot of more features and options!!!

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #5,688 of 6,207
stilleh
Пожалуйста, дайте ссылку на 1.1.1JP

If you are not on the JP version earlier you have to follow the guide here

Thats´s so you get a different partition size and then update with the latest JP OTA which should come automaticly (or downlaod it below)

//fiio-file.fiio.net/X7II-ota-1.1.1JP.zip[/QUOTE]

May 8, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #5,689 of 6,207
X7 Mk2 is still a great DAP. Ok, complains and bugs, some of us just got tired but reality is that most of the DAPs out there suffer from the same pains. If you're looking for sound quality and a great pack of features, you will be very pleased; the modular amps give lots of flexibility and sound is fantastic. I no longer have X7 mk2. Lately I've been looking for an excuse to “upgrade” my DAP and on my latest FW update adventure I stumble on a bug related with pauses on music when playing thru the coaxial digital out - that was the water drop that made my decision to sell. But I guess I am too picky, no perfect world out there, the more I read on other forums/brands the more I get frustrated, mostly with android based DAPs - man, +10 years ago I had a very good iPod DAP with zero bugs!!!

Bottom line, you're ok with X7 mk2, you wont regret
My 2 cents

I agree with this.. above 1.0. 6 for me caused me bugs but obviously this is not the players fault its still a fantastic dap, just poor software development ....I still would recommend it whole heartedly.
I also though have just sold mine but only because of upgrading, revert back and you still get a fantastic dap...well for me anyway.

May 8, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #5,691 of 6,207
@Darren Cotter At the moment 2 different.. I use er4xr and moondrop kanas pro . Both are good in there own way, er4xr not for everyone fit deep insertion and being a micro driver not as full sounding as the kanas pro but very realistic iems I love them... The kanas are full sounding and very detailed for the price with great layering but again nothings perfect and vocals on bad recordings can sound grainy to my ears

I have dm6 coming in a few weeks

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #5,695 of 6,207
Try usb player pro

May 8, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #5,699 of 6,207
I've come across a weird thing, the song count between the fiio app neutron and hiby don't match. Fiio has 19324, neutron has 19473 and hiby has 18977, they all use the same source so why the different song count, does anybody know.

There was (is?) an option on FiiO app to ignore tracks with less than 60 seconds, which is an abnormality IMHO - but someone got that idea...

May 8, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #5,700 of 6,207
I've come across a weird thing, the song count between the fiio app neutron and hiby don't match. Fiio has 19324, neutron has 19473 and hiby has 18977, they all use the same source so why the different song count, does anybody know.

Don't know about hiby but I often find fiio music misses a few tracks when I scan. A second scan picks up the rest usually. Neutron usually scans perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back