FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Apr 7, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #5,611 of 6,207
That new dynamic EQ (on the latest firmware on X7II) is not dropping the volume but sadly it is resulting in distortion. On bass heavy songs, even 2db is resulting in distortion and it's not acceptable. Happiness lived only for a day, the hunt for better EQ continues. Seems like my next DAP upgrade will only be a COWON.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #5,612 of 6,207
Apr 7, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #5,614 of 6,207
Death of this type of Fiio Dap

Sadness!

Indeed. I don’t understand, as a consumer I see my point of view that worths nothing, but I see companies like A&K, iBasso, Sony, Hiby, etc. building very interesting competing products to X7 so I believe there's a market. Maybe FiiO just realized they don't have nails to keep the pace with them on that segment?

Apr 7, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #5,615 of 6,207
I think it's possibly to do with there size and profit margin... ibasso Hiby are small compared and probably make more profit with less overheads the likes of Sony charge a lot and obviously can ride any lack of profit with other products and there size... Sadly I think FiiO may sit in the middle too big to make small margins and not carry it .. Just a guess and could be wrong

Shame though

Apr 7, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #5,616 of 6,207
Running fine for me.

Very disappointed to see the search update in the Fiio Music app has no merit other than displaying the results differently. There's still no way to view albums of an artist corresponding to a search input... eg type in Genesis and it shows 150 tracks of the band, one album with the name Genesis in it and so on, but no list of discrete ALBUMS of the ARTIST Genesis... doh!!

Please fix this, @FiiO
Dear friend,

I am not sure if I got your point. I search the artist 'FiiO' from artist category and I could read the albums of artist 'FiiO':
upload_2019-4-8_11-32-54.png

You could send email to support@fiio.com about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 8, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #5,617 of 6,207
Dear friend,

I am not sure if I got your point. I search the artist 'FiiO' from artist category and I could read the albums of artist 'FiiO':

You could send email to support@fiio.com about that.

Best regards

Well... I just checked again, and my goodness... you are right!!

I am eating humble pie right now!

I confirm it IS possible to view the albums of an artist appertaining to search input using the global search

Now... I hope this update will be exported to M6 / M9 apps :) - soon!

Thanks for highlighting my stupidity.

:)

Apr 8, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #5,618 of 6,207
For all of you who have an issue with the volume wheel i thought i'd share the good news from mine. I used a cotton swab with some screen cleaner lotion and rubbed the wheel while rotating it to apply the lotion, i did this for like 2 mins and now my wheel is back to life, responsive and perfectly working. It gets dirty in there !

Apr 8, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #5,619 of 6,207
For all of you who have an issue with the volume wheel i thought i'd share the good news from mine. I used a cotton swab with some screen cleaner lotion and rubbed the wheel while rotating it to apply the lotion, i did this for like 2 mins and now my wheel is back to life, responsive and perfectly working. It gets dirty in there !
Can you make a video of that and share here?

Apr 8, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #5,620 of 6,207

Makes sense. easily could just be dirty contacts.

Apr 10, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #5,623 of 6,207
latest firmware did you all get the volume knob issue. unable to turn UP vol.

i think the volume knob is the hardware issue, the firmware update doesn't affect the volume whatsoever because after the latest update im still experiencing the same volume issue so i deduce it would be the hardware issue otherwise you could raise this issue to JamesFiio

Apr 11, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #5,625 of 6,207
Old firmware no issue ,new firmware there is

There is a way but the likelihood of solving that issue is 50-50 so as to factory reset it and reinstall the latest firmware....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back