FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Mar 28, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #5,581 of 6,207
Dear friend,

We have confirmed with the engineer that the gapless on DSD function was not supported in previous firmware version.
The engineer will try to assess the feasibility of adding this support in later firmware update.

Best regards
I confirm you that gapless on DSD runs on firmware 1.0.5. I use it every day.

Best regards.

Mar 28, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #5,582 of 6,207
All in all from my experience and reading others this new firmware is a total mess 1.05 is much more stable, I will not update any firmware until these issues are actually dealt with property for once and this is really another showing of FiiOs poor software and there getting a bit of a rep for it..... On the other hand excellent hardware and I'm looking forward to the new am3D of which I will definitely if easily sourced be purchasing.... Stick to 1.05 if you can.

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #5,583 of 6,207
There is an issue with the 2nd Micro SD slot where the player "loses" the selected music file after being paused for a very short time (less than a minute). It is indeed extremely annoying as the player becomes unresponsive for a brief moment after which you then have to go back and reselect the track again.

But this is not the only pause button related bug. What is really bothering me is that the pause button doesn't respond correctly. There is a very high probability that it will not respond at all or replay the track from the beginning. (Both the physical button and touch screen behave the same).

Pausing the damn thing requires me to:
1. Press the screen unlock button
2. swipe upwards to allow inputs
3. Press the pause button and then look to see whether it pause or restarts
4. Press again the pause button and then look to see whether it pauses, does nothing or restarts
5. Press again the pause button and then look to see whether it pauses, does nothing or restarts
6. Press again the pause button and then look to see whether it pauses, does nothing or restarts

It very rarely works after one press of the pause button. I often need to press up to four times to get it to pause with a high probability that the track has restarted in the process. It is starting piss me off.

(This bug makes the physical pause button of less use as I don't have immediate feedback on the actual status, especially when it restarts instead of pausing).

Raúl, its exactly that bug I was referring on my post. I used the word "seamlessly” as I didn’t want to repeat myself in details I've posted so many times.

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #5,584 of 6,207
Raúl, its exactly that bug I was referring on my post. I used the word "seamlessly” as I didn’t want to repeat myself in details I've posted so many times.
For me, the "pause" bug associated with the second SD card is even worse if you pause for a few minutes. The music player app (e.g. Neutron) crashes, and I have to rescan the both cards to get the X7 to work again. My solution is to always close the music player app after I pause, and then reopen the app when I am again ready to listen. Very inconvenient.

Mar 28, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #5,585 of 6,207
For me, the worst thing is a buggy volume wheel.
Always when I try to volume up a little, it actually goes down (by 1-2 points) at first. This happens very often, almost always.

Also, the problem with not-always-pausing-pause-button occurs to me as well, not so often as the first problem though.

Otherwise, I have practically no problems with my way of using X7MKII.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #5,586 of 6,207
Always when I try to volume up a little, it actually goes down (by 1-2 points) at first. This happens very often, almost always.

Also, the problem with not-always-pausing-pause-button occurs to me as well, not so often as the first problem though.

Dear friend,

According to the phenomenon you mentioned, it may be a hardware issue with the volume wheel of your X7MKII.
We have also tried to report to the engineer about the issue with the pause button.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 29, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #5,587 of 6,207

I have the same thing, didn't notice it before, could be a software thing. I'll try turning it constantly for a few minutes to see if that improves anything. The touchscreen is very unresponsive now as well.

A problem that I have with the hardware pause button in Neutron is that it very often fast-forwards instead of pausing, which is very annoying. It even happens with the bluetooth remote.

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #5,588 of 6,207
Dear friend,

According to the phenomenon you mentioned, it may be a hardware issue with the volume wheel of your X7MKII.
We have also tried to report to the engineer about the issue with the pause button.

Best regards
I also have the volume wheel issue so whether it is a H/W or S/W issue, it is not an isolated case.

As for reporting to the engineer about the pause button issue. I already reported this bug in the official forums of FiiO's website...more than one year ago!

Apr 2, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #5,590 of 6,207
Turning the volume wheel constantly for a minute or so seems to help, just like it does on my Creative Nomad Jukebox 3. In that case it is probably due to dirty/oxidized contacts.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #5,592 of 6,207
The volume wheel issue seems to be with more units than I thought. I got my first unit replaced for the same issue, the new unit also acting same but not that worse though.
Brooko said it may be just 2 out of 100 units but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #5,593 of 6,207
The volume wheel issue seems to be with more units than I thought. I got my first unit replaced for the same issue, the new unit also acting same but not that worse though.
Brooko said it may be just 2 out of 100 units but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Mine takes sometimes a couple of seconds to respond, as if there was some kind of lag for the software to respond to the wheel input, doesn’t bother me much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back