FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Feb 17, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #5,417 of 6,207
My complete list of bugs and issues in the new Firmware 1.0.7:
  • Incorrectly plays DSD256 sounding very distorted with lots of Really Load white noise (like a wrong tuned radio).
  • Missing support to M3U8 playlist files, CUE files, etc. Not able to find or play this files.
  • No gapless on DSD or lossy formats.
  • No volume limiter option: removed.
  • No VIPER effects: removed because the agreement of cooperation between FiiO and ViPER's Audio has expired.
  • A lot of sortings issues: lists not correctly order alphabetically.
  • Scrolling issues when using the letters on the right of the scroll-list.
  • Missing information about bitrates during play, etc.
  • Missing option to find album art.
  • Find Lyrics doesn't works very well.
  • Album Art is not through the whole screen, that was more beautiful.
This new firmware is more a downgrade than an upgrade.
I'm finding issues too. It's disappointing that these software updates still don't seem to go through much in-house testing.

I was enjoying the FiiO-link feature, but it seems to break after a while and won't re-connect until I wake the screen on the X7ii, which sort of defeats the purpose of having the remote-control capability.
The FiiO music app runs great on my phone, both when connected to the X7ii and in stand-alone mode, but, @FiiO, please urgently consider the following...

1) When I run the same app on the device it was presumably built for (the X7ii), it's almost impossible to scrub (search/scroll forward/backward) within a track, because 99.9% of the time the position button on the elapsed play bar just doesn't register input from the screen :frowning2:
2) Your app really needs to implement the AudioTrack API on devices like the LG V30 and V40, because right now it re-samples all 44 kHz PCM to 48 kHz through Google's stupid Android mixer :frowning2:

Feb 17, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #5,418 of 6,207
I have the X5III but the Spotify Premium app should give the same options...

In the Spotify Android app, hit the little ||\ icon at the bottom, click the gear icon, go to the very bottom, under "Other" click Storage and it should give you options for what ever storage the app has recognized as available. In my Spotify app it gives me the choice between my two SD cards and the internal storage (not the tiny slice the FiiO gives for installing apps--that's the 2Gb install space--This internal storage space on my X5III is around 26Gb--I think the X7II's internal storage is larger.

THANK YOU! You got me to where I needed to go. I'm loving this X7, both the am3 and am5 amps are more than enough for my 600/650 300 ohm sennheisers and it's sound quality is the best I've ever owned in portables...

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #5,419 of 6,207
Size (portability) and tonality. I personally like the warmth and richness. I also used Viper a lot but with latest fw dropping it, I’ll have to see what other options there are. If Neutron is more stable with jkhubas new kernel then it’ll still be my preference
Paul, if I use the line out to an AMP, it doesn't matter what AMP module I use (default or AMP5) it sounds same?

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #5,420 of 6,207
If you’re using line-out, then you don’t even go through the amp module at all :)

It uses the socket at the top.

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #5,422 of 6,207
Dear friend,

Please try to update this FiiO Music APP for help: http://fiio-file.fiio.net/FiiO_MusicX0131.apk

Manual update
a. Set the player to storage mode and connect to computer, drag the downloaded FiiO Music (.apk) to the internal storage of your player.
b. Disconnect the connection and enter ES file manager, find the FiiO Music app in internal_sd and click install.

Best regards

It's the same version I'm already using. 1.0.8.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #5,423 of 6,207
I've owned the x7II for a couple of weeks and have a question about downloading my playlists from spotify premium for offline use. When you download, the files go directly to the 2 gig ram and fills it quickly. Any settings I'm missing and or haven't found to direct spotify download to the internal memory or better yet my sd cards? I'm on a steep learning curb with a "smart Dac/amp" having started out with a x3II and an x5II. With those two having no WiFi, I would have to build my playlists on my PC which was laborious. Would be nice with the x7 to have offline access to my spotfiy library which is extensive. And as all Fiio owners know getting detailed info from their website is almost non existant. Any advise will be greatly appreciated..
There is an option to choose where to download in the Spotify app. Unfortunaly, in my experience, for some unknowned reasons, after some days it get back to the intern memory, causing problems. I got bored after many attempts trying to stop the app to do that and having to download the same music again and again, and canceled the Spotify subcription.

Feb 18, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #5,424 of 6,207
There is an option to choose where to download in the Spotify app. Unfortunaly, in my experience, for some unknowned reasons, after some days it get back to the intern memory, causing problems. I got bored after many attempts trying to stop the app to do that and having to download the same music again and again, and canceled the Spotify subcription.

Good info, thanks to Bob Smith's instructions, I was able to get the downloads to my sd cards as I hoped. Now I'll be on the lookout to see if your problem with the spotify app hits me. Thank you for the heads up!

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #5,425 of 6,207
Is there a way to prevent the second microSD card from "going to sleep"? There is no end to the problems I've been having with my X7mkII and Neutron, Doubletwist and BlackPlayer. The second half of my collection has to be rescanned every time the X7 goes into a deep sleep.

I chose those apps because they support sorting by "album artist." It looks like Neutron is the only one that supports 24/192 FLAC. I get errors on the other two.

UPDATE - I discovered a workaround to the sleeping second microSD problem. I simply close the music app that I am using (either Neutron, Doubletwist or BlackPlayer) when I am finished using the X7mkII. If I wake up the X7mkII hours later by pressing the power button, wait a few seconds, and then open a music app, I am able to access the both the first and second SD card without any problems.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #5,427 of 6,207
The music player has the same version number, that's what threw me.

Still the same issues with the EQ, though. Why can't you just work with Hiby to adapt their player to bypass whatever it is your player does? You did it with Dunu when you first entered the IEM market.

Feb 21, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #5,428 of 6,207
I still want to know why this was released without external playlist support.

Feb 21, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #5,430 of 6,207
hi all does the X7 MK2 support DAC-out?
does any1 use external DAC amp?

Plug the line out port into whatever external anp you want to use, after making certain the LO port is set to line out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back