FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Feb 8, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #5,386 of 6,207
Another issue with the new FW was that the android navigation circle, triangle square at the bottom of the screen couldn't be accessed by swiping the top or bottom of the screen. The only way to access it was by switching it permanently on via the display menu. This was surprisingly pretty annoying.

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #5,387 of 6,207
Hi All,
The volume dial on my X7II is acting weird. Sometimes when I try to increase a step or two, it goes back a step or two. It's really annoying for me.
I feel it's a hardware issue, I contacted FiiO India and they said it's normal. I never had this kind of issue with my X5III. I already tried factory reset but it didn't help.
Is it really normal with X7II? or do I have to send it for repair?
Hi, I've had my X7ii for a year now and even when it was brand new I found the volume wheel to be unreliable. The clicking was inconsistent and sometimes it would jump a couple of volume levels, like you say. Unfortunately it has gotten much worse over time, and now I struggle to turn the volume up, as often the volume will not respond or it will start going down instead.

I'm hoping they activate the FiiO Link function on this device soon so that I can at least control the volume from my phone instead.

Feb 8, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #5,388 of 6,207
Hi, I've had my X7ii for a year now and even when it was brand new I found the volume wheel to be unreliable. The clicking was inconsistent and sometimes it would jump a couple of volume levels, like you say. Unfortunately it has gotten much worse over time, and now I struggle to turn the volume up, as often the volume will not respond or it will start going down instead.

I'm hoping they activate the FiiO Link function on this device soon so that I can at least control the volume from my phone instead.

Same here. I usually just move the wheel to invoke the onscreen volume control and then adjust from there. My old Onkyo DP-X1 had a similar problem, but much worse.

Feb 8, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #5,389 of 6,207

Same here. I usually just move the wheel to invoke the onscreen volume control and then adjust from there. My old Onkyo DP-X1 had a similar problem, but much worse.
That's really frustrating. I never had this issue with my X5III.
That's why I sent it for repair after just 5 days of irritation. I wonder how you guys lived with it all these days.
If this is the case with the volume wheels, we are better off with the buttons.

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #5,390 of 6,207
Couple of cases amongst literally 100’s sold. I use my X5iii every day. Volume wheel still going strong. X7ii is as well - but it also gets less use.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #5,392 of 6,207
I do this if the player is in my hand, but I keep the device in my inside pocket during my daily commute and wanted to be able to reach in and adjust the volume without having to take it out of the pocket and deal with tucking the cable back in again after.

Feb 9, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #5,393 of 6,207
Whats the difference between this and the normal X7? I like the previous model's design better, but ultimately is about audio quality...

Hi

The answer from fiios official site

https://fiio.com/newsinfo/47483.html

More ram, more storage, better DAC, better WiFI, better Bluetooth, improved charge system.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #5,396 of 6,207
FiiO forums they were down from past Thrusday to Monday, five days down. Now is up and running again.

Feb 11, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #5,397 of 6,207
Hoping someone can give me some input on this. Is there any benefit to using the X7 Mark II with the Fiio Q5 amplifier? I was wondering if it would give any sort of improvement to the sound, or if it would just be the same as using a different amp module. Thanks for any input.

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #5,398 of 6,207
Hoping someone can give me some input on this. Is there any benefit to using the X7 Mark II with the Fiio Q5 amplifier? I was wondering if it would give any sort of improvement to the sound, or if it would just be the same as using a different amp module. Thanks for any input.

It uses the same amp modules so you gain nothing there. It does have dual DAC chips, which you could feed via coax/optical. Seems like a major spend for little potential gain. I doubt you would really hear it as the X7 has a good DAC chip, and from a sound standpoint, no one is really complaining. The major issue as I see it comes down to software control. It can be kinda buggy.

Would a phone or IEM be a better spend?

Feb 11, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #5,399 of 6,207
It uses the same amp modules so you gain nothing there. It does have dual DAC chips, which you could feed via coax/optical. Seems like a major spend for little potential gain. I doubt you would really hear it as the X7 has a good DAC chip, and from a sound standpoint, no one is really complaining. The major issue as I see it comes down to software control. It can be kinda buggy.

Would a phone or IEM be a better spend?

Or did you mean the A5 amp? That would give you much more power to drive various cans. Just use the line-out to feed it.

The A5 amp (you stated Q5 in post) would be much more powerful than any of the modules on the X7. It comes down to what are you driving / trying to do.

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #5,400 of 6,207
Or did you mean the A5 amp? That would give you much more power to drive various cans. Just use the line-out to feed it.

The A5 amp (you stated Q5 in post) would be much more powerful than any of the modules on the X7. It comes down to what are you driving / trying to do.

I was talking about the Q5, but now that you mention it, it sounds like maybe the A5 is what I should be looking for. Is line out going to give me the same sound quality that the Q5’s digital input could give, or is it too little of a difference to matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back