FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Jan 30, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #5,312 of 6,207
This DAP sounds like a lot of work to keep working

Jan 30, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #5,313 of 6,207
It's one of the best DAP's I have ever heard and used. it's just this current firmware and software build and the changes because of that.
The hardware itself is amazing

Sooner or later FiiO will get things right.

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #5,314 of 6,207
It's one of the best DAP's I have ever heard and used. it's just this current firmware and software build and the changes because of that.
The hardware itself is amazing

Sooner or later FiiO will get things right.
I doubt it. The original X7 is still full of issues. FiiO makes some pretty decent hardware but their software has always been buggy.

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #5,315 of 6,207
I doubt it. The original X7 is still full of issues. FiiO makes some pretty decent hardware but their software has always been buggy.

Sadly I don't know if they will with the X7 mk II. :frowning2:

I am still pissed at VIPER's Audio being pulled without letting the customer base know ahead of time.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #5,316 of 6,207
http://fiio-file.fiio.net/Apps/FiiO_MusicX013003.apk

New version of FiiO music app, this one improves sorting issue for those of you with out of order lists.

Download, copy to device and run it from there. Otherwise you can open the link from the device itself so it’ll install.

Nope, sorting still doesn't work. m3u8 playlists are MIA, and any dir one is in is unreadable. the same goes for cue files

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #5,318 of 6,207
In this new version of FiiO APP internet radios in DLNA are finaly working!!! But! No VIPER's effects? No Way for me, rolling back :frowning2: It is a pity...

According to FiiO there won't be any VIPER's Audio going forward. Something about an "agreement of cooperation" having expired.

It's something they seem to have failed to let anyone know was coming.

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #5,320 of 6,207
This is pathetic! FiiO even put the firmware out on here prior to official public release. They must have known it was buggy to do that. FiiO makes good hardware, but are crap at firmware.

Anyway, if the rumours are to be believed, they aren't going to make hi-end DAPs anymore and are dropping the "X" rang in favour of the more consumer orientated "M" range.

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #5,321 of 6,207
Jan 31, 2019 at 5:01 AM Post #5,323 of 6,207
thank you. now if only I could read Chinese, simplified or otherwise.

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #5,324 of 6,207
According to FiiO there won't be any VIPER's Audio going forward. Something about an "agreement of cooperation" having expired.

It's something they seem to have failed to let anyone know was coming.

Agreed. When I got the X7II I also got an AK SR-15. I thought they both sounded very good, but the AK was definitely more stable on the software side. What put the Fiio over edge and why I kept it was the integrated Viper effects. I had known this was coming I would have sent the X7 back instead. Too late now..

Jan 31, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #5,325 of 6,207
Hi,
Does the volume wheel shake when you move it up and down (not in the direction increasing/decreasing the volume)? Mine moves and sometimes the volume goes one or two steps down when I am actually increasing the volume.

Yes, the volume wheel has about 1mm of play sideways. The volume going down instead of up might be contacts inside being dirty, that should go away after using the wheel a bit more (used to have this with my Creative Jukebox 3). It did seem like the volume changed by itself today when I was on my bike, that never happened before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back