FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 31, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #4,861 of 6,207
I have a hypothesis, most Fiio technician tested it but not really used it, if any of them really used it, they will find a need for more internal memory :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

I wish they would provide one of these firmware updates for the X5III-suffers from the same thing. I installed Tidal, Spotify, BubbleUPnP, Servestream and USB Audio Player Pro--that's it-- and I'm getting those running out of memory messages -176MB remaining. Meanwhile the main HD still has something like 16GB free space for music files. What was FiiO thinking??!! Free up the whole internal drive for what ever you want to install, like every other Android device!!!

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #4,864 of 6,207
I have a hypothesis, most Fiio technician tested it but not really used it, if any of them really used it, they will find a need for more internal memory :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
I think so too. Probably due to the small storage for system it slows down the capability of the machine, maybe because it does not have enough space to create cache files and memory swap? Because with more system storage the device runs much much faster.

Sep 1, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #4,866 of 6,207
So, since upgrading to the latest JP firmware, I now get a message that says, “This version of the app is not compatible with your device” when I try to reinstall the Apple Music app. Anyone know what’s up with that?

Sep 2, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #4,868 of 6,207
I just try to update to 1.0.7JP. The X7II is totally different beast, everything runs smoother, neutron does not feel sluggish anymore, chrome too and many other apps, finally happy with X7II.

Um, that's not how it works. Increasing the size of the data partition gives it more storage space, but that's it. For smoother operation you would need to increase the size of the RAM, i.e. modify hardware.

Why do you need to separate to 2 partition one for system and one for storage? Why not have one like regular android devices are running?

Android always uses multiple partitions. /system, /boot, /data and so on.

Sep 2, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #4,869 of 6,207
Um, that's not how it works. Increasing the size of the data partition gives it more storage space, but that's it. For smoother operation you would need to increase the size of the RAM, i.e. modify hardware.
Android always uses multiple partitions. /system, /boot, /data and so on.
Agree, but what about my other speculation about memory swap and cache file creation? Because I notice a much better application performance on 1.0.7JP so I wonder what was the cause

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #4,870 of 6,207
I decided to give the latest JP firmware a try. It's generally working well, but I can no longer see 5Ghz networks. Only 2.4Ghz works.

argh i updated mine with this firmware before reading your post, i'll check tonight if i have the same 5ghz wifi networks trouble as you have. If i do i'll have to downgrade as i use 5ghz wifi with my external wifi hard drive hosting my whole collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back