1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by superuser1, Jul 6, 2017.
First

Back
315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324
326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335
Next

Last
  1. BobSmith8901
    I wish they would provide one of these firmware updates for the X5III-suffers from the same thing. I installed Tidal, Spotify, BubbleUPnP, Servestream and USB Audio Player Pro--that's it-- and I'm getting those running out of memory messages -176MB remaining. Meanwhile the main HD still has something like 16GB free space for music files. What was FiiO thinking??!! Free up the whole internal drive for what ever you want to install, like every other Android device!!!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  2. ledzep
    Apart from the space issue on this firmware what else does it do ?

3. Bluess
    You can look it up at the change log on fiio jp site. I remembered something about a small feature in fiio music and usb dac stuff including bug fixing as well

4. Bluess
    I think so too. Probably due to the small storage for system it slows down the capability of the machine, maybe because it does not have enough space to create cache files and memory swap? Because with more system storage the device runs much much faster.

5. Ted Presley
    I think the reason behind this maybe they want to prove their claim on "xx Gb device", so they don't want cut too much for program partition.

6. Peter68
    So, since upgrading to the latest JP firmware, I now get a message that says, “This version of the app is not compatible with your device” when I try to reinstall the Apple Music app. Anyone know what’s up with that?

7. goldenegg
    I decided to give the latest JP firmware a try. It's generally working well, but I can no longer see 5Ghz networks. Only 2.4Ghz works.

8. 13-7
    Um, that's not how it works. Increasing the size of the data partition gives it more storage space, but that's it. For smoother operation you would need to increase the size of the RAM, i.e. modify hardware.

Android always uses multiple partitions. /system, /boot, /data and so on.

9. Bluess
    Agree, but what about my other speculation about memory swap and cache file creation? Because I notice a much better application performance on 1.0.7JP so I wonder what was the cause

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  10. SoundSquare
    argh i updated mine with this firmware before reading your post, i'll check tonight if i have the same 5ghz wifi networks trouble as you have. If i do i'll have to downgrade as i use 5ghz wifi with my external wifi hard drive hosting my whole collection.

11. Ted Presley
    I have no problem with 5ghz wifi. It works.

12. SoundSquare
    with the JP firmware ? then it's good news thanks !

13. goldenegg
    Are you sure that you're using the 1.0.7 JP firmware, installed using the full Android image? I've confirmed on two other units that the update stops the unit from seeing 5Ghz networks.

14. Ted Presley
    Maybe there's something incompatible with your router, my 5ghz ac router works fine with the Japanese rom.

15. SoundSquare
    I can confirm that i can connect to the 5Ghz networks with the 1.0.7JP firmware on my X7 II

First

Back
315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324
326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335
Next

Last