FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Nov 16, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #2,866 of 6,207
But then it should not be listed as one of the disadvantages. Although the price discussion is subjective and relative, if it is worth the price, I don't count it towards disadvantages.

I would love to buy the x7ii for my home and use my X5iii whilst travelling so that I have the best use of both, but for me, the fact that the x7ii does cost a lot of money (it is expensive) is probably its only real disadvantage and is presently stopping my purchase.

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #2,867 of 6,207
I would love to buy the x7ii for my home and use my X5iii whilst travelling so that I have the best use of both, but for me, the fact that the x7ii does cost a lot of money (it is expensive) is probably its only real disadvantage and is presently stopping my purchase.

For what it's worth...wait it out and save up for the X7ii. IMO the X5iii isn't worth its asking price...but the X7ii is.

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #2,868 of 6,207
Of course I tried to download via wi-fi network. The result is the same ... Just a photo ...

intresting I'm in Moscow at a conference but can n't get mine to do that.

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #2,869 of 6,207
But then it should not be listed as one of the disadvantages. Although the price discussion is subjective and relative, if it is worth the price, I don't count it towards disadvantages.
Actually, I think the price fo X7mk2 is inexpensive considering its performance. I own AK SP1000Cu, which is a great DAP. But I prefer X7mk2 (with AM5) to SP1000Cu.
In this sense, X7mk2 is a steal to me considering the price of SP1000...

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #2,870 of 6,207

You probably need to understand that X7mkii is enough for both portable and at-home usage, you don't need two DAPs. Like, it is far better to just get X7mkii and use it everywhere, especially since it is a portable DAP and it thought to be one. You are seeing it expensive because it adds to the cost instead of you seeing it as a 1-device-solution, which would in contrast make it an excellent deal...

For what it's worth...wait it out and save up for the X7ii. IMO the X5iii isn't worth its asking price...but the X7ii is.

Agreed with @TheoS53 , X7mkii is a better deal at this moment, if you want the best sound. When X5-3 was around, but X7mkii was not around yet, X5-3 was a better deal than the original X7, but now the scale is totally in favor of X7mkii.

Actually, I think the price fo X7mk2 is inexpensive considering its performance. I own AK SP1000Cu, which is a great DAP. But I prefer X7mk2 (with AM5) to SP1000Cu.
In this sense, X7mk2 is a steal to me considering the price of SP1000...

Agreed as well, X7mkii makes an excellent value for performance, very few things come close to this price / performance ratio...

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #2,871 of 6,207
I have the x5iii already & do like it, but am looking for a 2nd DAP. Either upgrade to x7ii & use X5iii for travel or keep x5iii at home & get something less expensive for travel (avoiding x3iii). But, I do like your advice!

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #2,872 of 6,207
I have the x5iii already & do like it, but am looking for a 2nd DAP. Either upgrade to x7ii & use X5iii for travel or keep x5iii at home & get something less expensive for travel (avoiding x3iii). But, I do like your advice!
In that case, I honestly cannot recommend the Shanling M2s enough. It's such a nice, feature packed device for only $200. My personal travel setup is the M2s stacked with the Fiio A3 and I absolutely LOVE it.

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #2,875 of 6,207
Hey guys, can someone confirm this to me? can I leave X7mk2 charging on K5 Dock and play thru the digital coax out to an external DAC at same time, correct?
I was to sell K5 since use it basically for analogue RCA out to home system, replacing that function with Questyle CMA400i which I'll use for home listening balanced headphones, but now I think that would be a mistake, it serves well as a stand/charging device...

Ps: Now I'm remembering that other simpler dock from FiiO, will it do the job also? Will give it a look.
Update: no way, the DK1 only charges via usb.

TIA

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #2,876 of 6,207
Hey guys, can someone confirm this to me? can I leave X7mk2 charging on K5 Dock and play thru the digital coax out to an external DAC at same time, correct?
I was to sell K5 since use it basically for analogue RCA out to home system, replacing that function with Questyle CMA400i which I'll use for home listening balanced headphones, but now I think that would be a mistake, it serves well as a stand/charging device...

Ps: Now I'm remembering that other simpler dock from FiiO, will it do the job also? Will give it a look.
Update: no way, the DK1 only charges via usb.

TIA
It has a line out as well.

Nov 16, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #2,879 of 6,207
https://audio991.wordpress.com/2017...d-bt-4-1-aptx-dual-msd-dual-band-wifi-opt-out

Review.
Love it

**shocked Hush spreads across the room** :wink:

Will add to Head-Fi
Also have a final vid for it coming.

FiiO
Another job well done.

A panel on the front player that drops (auto hides) after a few seconds would be great. The 50% of the screen being taken by controls....Hmmmm.

Fiio X7mkII.jpg
Fiiox764audiou12.jpg
fiioddxb04.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back