FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Nov 17, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #2,897 of 6,207
The AK380 amp is rated at 8.1 VRMS in balanced high gain output, how does that compare to the above?

When it comes to the final signature and how you'll feel about the sound, you should try to get an audition rather than ask based on voltages and such.

Theoretically, X5ii has one of the best voltages out there, yet to my ears X7mkii sounds more vivid somehow, while X5ii has been one of my favorite DAPs for a very very long time :darthsmile:

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #2,898 of 6,207
When it comes to the final signature and how you'll feel about the sound, you should try to get an audition rather than ask based on voltages and such.

X5ii has been one of my favorite DAPs for a very very long time :darthsmile:
Well thats because of the sparkly top end :wink:

Nov 18, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #2,900 of 6,207
For what it's worth...wait it out and save up for the X7ii. IMO the X5iii isn't worth its asking price...but the X7ii is.

I disagree, X5 III is in fact the most bang for the buck device. It is better than many devices costing twice, no other device in it's price range has the features and performance it offers.

X7 II is definitely better performer than X5 III but it's not a huge difference for me.

I can understand why some people hate X5 III for it's warm signature and smooth treble but it has excellent tonality.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #2,901 of 6,207
Nov 18, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #2,903 of 6,207
Great review without any fuss....damn straight to the point!!!!!

Thanks.

Some reviews have become too large for me to read. Info overload or my A.D.H.D :wink: I'm going another route.

I bought the domain name today.

Most folks:
Meh, kinda weird

My mind:
Audioholikz....nobody took that? Better buy that NOW!

I'm the guy that bought this shirt so...

Scene: Dinner at Thanksgiving

Relative #1 SO....How's Chris?

R#2 He bought a house near the beach in Hawaii

R#1 Well, that sounds great..let's visit (polite laughter)

R#2 Actually he is in Japan now and teaching children

R#1 Oh...I...um, that...must be, um well good that he is um...volunteer, very surprised, he really grew up.

R#2 I think he does it for a living actually

R#1...???????....say, Becky is finally going back to Yale for her post grad work

Yeah, Chris is teaching kids and ...um sharing the culture and now gives opinions on ipods on growth hormones called Audioholikz!!! It keeps getting better!

LOL

Original art done by co contributor to Audioholikz site

So back OT

The X7II had to be the first real review. FiiO is awesome and they get fist shot from the
HiFi Bad guys

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #2,904 of 6,207
FiiO X7 Mark II - Calling All Early Buyers
Share Your Opinion - Free Gift!

To all of the early buyers of FiiO X7 Mark II, we thank you for selecting FiiO as your portable player of choice. In our constant endeavor to improve our products for the benefit of our user community, we invite you to take part in a survey regarding your experience with the X7 Mark II. As a small thanks for your participation, we will send you a gift bag containing a pair of EM3 headphones and a HB1 waterproof headphone case. Please click on the link below to submit your survey feedback:

Take the Survey

This survey is open to customers who have purchased a FiiO X7 Mark II from Amazon.com in the United States prior to 8/30/2017. Information gathered will be used for internal review only and will not be shared with any third parties. Thank you in advance for sharing your feedback with us!
Shame on you, Fiio. Always USA - like America First - . I think everybody or no one.

Nov 18, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #2,906 of 6,207
This is not photoshop, it appeared in tech support. OTA 1.0.4. But when I try to update

Weird, I don't see this update on my player

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #2,907 of 6,207
I disagree, X5 III is in fact the most bang for the buck device. It is better than many devices costing twice, no other device in it's price range has the features and performance it offers.

X7 II is definitely better performer than X5 III but it's not a huge difference for me.

I can understand why some people hate X5 III for it's warm signature and smooth treble but it has excellent tonality.

+1

There is a reason it is the most watched fiio video on my channel. It's not because a buncha Head-Fi or website reading folks got hyped to buy it. It became bigger than that because it is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back