FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Nov 16, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #2,851 of 6,207
Hi,
What operation would get this? Thanks in advanced!
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 16, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #2,852 of 6,207
Nov 16, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #2,856 of 6,207
This is not photoshop, it appeared in tech support. OTA 1.0.4. But when I try to update

and wifi is not on either?

Nov 16, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #2,857 of 6,207
Hey folks, I posted a Synopsis of the X7 Mark II, for anyone interested: https://www.thesynops.com/fiio-x7-mark-ii-android-hifi-dap-synopsis/

Try volume matching properly next time you compare balanced and single-ended. The reason you think balanced is better is because without volume matching, the balanced is louder. Both use the same hardware, there is just two of everything. The difference in THD, SNR and other specs is below the audible range for humans. The only other difference may be slight frequency differences if you have very sensitive earphones like the Andromeda - but this is only limited to a small range of headphones. You didn’t mention what gear you used with it - so very hard to tell.

As far as the location of the power button goes, it was purposely placed on top after a lot of complaints that locating it on the side often caused people to accidentally hit the play pause or other buttons on the opposite side (this was a big issue wth both X7 and X5iii). Switching back to the side again (as you suggested) would be a regression.

You missed the obvious advantage (and difference from the X7) being the increase in RAM and it’s effect on the smoothness of the GUI.

The stock amp doesn’t have a ton of power, so headphones that would benefit from more power may get a meatier sound.
What does this even mean?

For a review (or synopsis) that is supposed to be “tech synopsis for the informed” - I found it pretty lacking in detail, and full of vague references to tech which are questionable in their accuracy. There is also no disclaimer (is the review unit paid for or supplied by FiiO or someone else)? And some proper comparisons to DAPs in similar price ranges might be appropriate. How about real world tests with a variety of headphones / ear-phones?

Sorry - just an honest opinion. I found it both inaccurate and lacking any real information.

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #2,858 of 6,207
Try volume matching properly next time you compare balanced and single-ended. The reason you think balanced is better is because without volume matching, the balanced is louder. You didn’t mention what gear you used with it - so very hard to tell. Sorry - just an honest opinion. I found it both inaccurate and lacking any real information.

A good example of why willing reviewers might like to join a "peer review group" so that constructive comments may be given & lessons may be learnt before publication?

Nov 16, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #2,859 of 6,207
Maybe I'm not getting it correctly, but this doesn’t seem very logical too...

On the bullet resume advantages/disadvantages: a Red Cross - Expensive, at $650 msrp
On conclusion: This is one of the best mobile audio players that we’ve heard and we feel it’s worth the price

In my understanding “Expensive” is a relative term, so, one or the other, right? Please don’t read this as one more guy throwing a stone, I appreciate the effort of the writing and thank the author for sharing it... criticism should always be understood as an opportunity for improvement, if we didn’t care we would just ignore it, IMHO.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #2,861 of 6,207
Try volume matching properly next time you compare balanced and single-ended. The reason you think balanced is better is because without volume matching, the balanced is louder. Both use the same hardware, there is just two of everything. The difference in THD, SNR and other specs is below the audible range for humans. The only other difference may be slight frequency differences if you have very sensitive earphones like the Andromeda - but this is only limited to a small range of headphones. You didn’t mention what gear you used with it - so very hard to tell.

As far as the location of the power button goes, it was purposely placed on top after a lot of complaints that locating it on the side often caused people to accidentally hit the play pause or other buttons on the opposite side (this was a big issue wth both X7 and X5iii). Switching back to the side again (as you suggested) would be a regression.

You missed the obvious advantage (and difference from the X7) being the increase in RAM and it’s effect on the smoothness of the GUI.

What does this even mean?

For a review (or synopsis) that is supposed to be “tech synopsis for the informed” - I found it pretty lacking in detail, and full of vague references to tech which are questionable in their accuracy. There is also no disclaimer (is the review unit paid for or supplied by FiiO or someone else)? And some proper comparisons to DAPs in similar price ranges might be appropriate. How about real world tests with a variety of headphones / ear-phones?

Sorry - just an honest opinion. I found it both inaccurate and lacking any real information.
+1

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #2,862 of 6,207
Maybe I'm not getting it correctly, but this doesn’t seem very logical too...

On the bullet resume advantages/disadvantages: a Red Cross - Expensive, at $650 msrp
On conclusion: This is one of the best mobile audio players that we’ve heard and we feel it’s worth the price

In my understanding “Expensive” is a relative term, so, one or the other, right? Please don’t read this as one more guy throwing a stone, I appreciate the effort of the writing and thank the author for sharing it... criticism should always be understood as an opportunity for improvement, if we didn’t care we would just ignore it, IMHO.

In fairness, if he uses "expensive" to mean "costing a lot of money" rather than suggestions of "extortionate or exorbitant" then I have no problem with a buyer thinking it is worth its [high] asking price because of its prestige, quality, performance, or whatever.

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #2,863 of 6,207
In fairness, if he uses "expensive" to mean "costing a lot of money" rather than suggestions of "extortionate or exorbitant" then I have no problem with a buyer thinking it is worth its [high] asking price because of its prestige, quality, performance, or whatever.

I Agree with that reading.

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #2,864 of 6,207

Agreed. It's one thing to call a product "expensive", and another to call it "overpriced".

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #2,865 of 6,207
But then it should not be listed as one of the disadvantages. Although the price discussion is subjective and relative, if it is worth the price, I don't count it towards disadvantages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back