FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 21, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #1,141 of 6,207
Sadly getting HiFiMAN anything here is next to impossible. Sennheiser and Shure are basically king...

I would imagine the IE800 pairs a lot better with the X7ii+AM3A than with the X5iii.

I also imagine that, X7mkii + AM3A should compete with the top DAPs from what everybody is saying, not that I heard the other 2 kings in this price area, I have really high expectations of X7mkii! Just a bit more until the package arrives to me as well! Let's see how FiiO unleashed the powah of the ESS DACs! I'm really enthused with DX200 which uses ESS DACs as well, exactly the type of sound I like, vivid and energetic, X7 has dual mSD slots, and a few other features that really sparkle my interest now! :gs1000smile:

Aug 21, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #1,142 of 6,207
I also imagine that, X7mkii + AM3A should compete with the top DAPs from what everybody is saying, not that I heard the other 2 kings in this price area, I have really high expectations of X7mkii! Just a bit more until the package arrives to me as well! Let's see how FiiO unleashed the powah of the ESS DACs! I'm really enthused with DX200 which uses ESS DACs as well, exactly the type of sound I like, vivid and energetic, X7 has dual mSD slots, and a few other features that really sparkle my interest now! :gs1000smile:

It sounds (har har har) like it is quite the upgrade over the X5iii too. What interests me most is the apparent performance difference between the two, even though memory is the only difference and it is not like 1GB wasn't enough to run the FiiO Music app in pure music. I suspect they may have made CPU governor changes as well given the bigger battery but reduced life (notwithstanding extra power required for the amp). Now all I need is @FiiO to dispatch to our NZ supplier! Pleeeeeeaaaase!

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #1,143 of 6,207
Literally just received the Australia/Melbourne tour unit x7ii.
Even the box feels more premium than the x5iii.

As I have literally spent 5 seconds with it, I wont make to much comment, considering I am streaming tidal as we speak while waiting for my music to copy over from my laptop.

What I can say is the Wifi seems faster than the x5iii in downloading applications from fiio store (downloaded the tidal apk there as I didnt want to link to my google account).
It downloaded very fast and even downloaded some tidal HiFi content quite quickly.

The UI also seems much more fluid than the x5iii thus far.

Using single end the sound quality is good, but I will give it some time and some track rotation before I make any call.

Looking forward to spending some more time with it put it that way, and unlike some DAP's I didnt have an instant dislike of what I was hearing.

Listening via single end through iSine20.

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #1,144 of 6,207
Literally just received the Australia/Melbourne tour unit x7ii.
Even the box feels more premium than the x5iii.

As I have literally spent 5 seconds with it, I wont make to much comment, considering I am streaming tidal as we speak while waiting for my music to copy over from my laptop.

What I can say is the Wifi seems faster than the x5iii in downloading applications from fiio store (downloaded the tidal apk there as I didnt want to link to my google account).
It downloaded very fast and even downloaded some tidal HiFi content quite quickly.

The UI also seems much more fluid than the x5iii thus far.

Using single end the sound quality is good, but I will give it some time and some track rotation before I make any call.

Looking forward to spending some more time with it put it that way, and unlike some DAP's I didnt have an instant dislike of what I was hearing.

Listening via single end through iSine20.

Interesting!

When you have the time, please tell us more about your experience! :darthsmile:

Seems like the tour for X7mkii will be a lot of fun for a lot of people!

Aug 21, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #1,145 of 6,207
Very good synergy here. For my tastes at least.

IMG_20170822_100749.jpg

As expected it bears the x5iii sq. Subjectively some may prefer the warmer x5iii. But objectively as possible this bests it with an effortless smooth detail.

If I am honest I have not kept a fiio DAP more then weeks in the past as I have not favoured the signatures presented. I am very much enjoying the x7ii.

Now to give it a week to see if the warm fuzzies stay of flitter away with time.

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #1,146 of 6,207
Sadly getting HiFiMAN anything here is next to impossible. Sennheiser and Shure are basically king...

I would imagine the IE800 pairs a lot better with the X7ii+AM3A than with the X5iii.

If your'e prepared to write a review on the RE2000, and post it here on Head-Fi, I can give you time with my pair.

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #1,147 of 6,207
If your'e prepared to write a review on the RE2000, and post it here on Head-Fi, I can give you time with my pair.

I've always wanted to write a review but seem to lack the critical listening ability to do so. What is the trick?

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #1,148 of 6,207
Aug 21, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #1,149 of 6,207
I've always wanted to write a review but seem to lack the critical listening ability to do so. What is the trick?

The trick is to use lots of adjectives and profound comparisons that are quite meaningless despite,being to the reader, providing the implied urge that one must buy reviewed item to try for themselves. :)

Aug 21, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #1,150 of 6,207
The trick is to use lots of adjectives and profound comparisons that are quite meaningless despite,being to the reader, providing the implied urge that one must buy reviewed item to try for themselves. :)
Also simile and metaphors comparing it to water, honey, nectar and how their attributes are. :)

Aug 21, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #1,152 of 6,207
So far, I'm really loving both #3 and DX200, after @Hawaiibadboy described DX200, I was a bit concerned, but I love the vividness in the textures and the energetic and clear sound.

Can't wait to hear X7mkii as well! Sabre DACs rule! :darthsmile:

Since you tagged me..

You gave X5iii 5/5 and praised it as did I.
The X5iii and DX could not be more different.

I am also not a big fan of the #3 so we have different tastes. Are there any well known daps you don't like?

Me first:

OPUS #3, Original X7 with stock amp, DX200, <<<< Cold to neutral with one having odd treble (#3)

The X7 MK II is the sonic "Daddy" to all the above mentioned IMO

So tell me what DAP's you don't like george. For the readers of this site that info is just as valuable as what you do like.

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #1,153 of 6,207
Since you tagged me..

I am also not a big fan of the #3 so we have different tastes. Are there any well known daps you don't like?

Me first:

OPUS #3, Original X7 with stock amp, DX200, <<<< Cold to neutral with one having odd treble (#3)

So tell me what DAP's you don't like george. For the readers of this site that info is just as valuable as what you do like.
The next post for this will be very interesting.....!!!!

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #1,154 of 6,207
Since you tagged me..

Me first:

A little confrontational but not exactly untrue.

While not me under the microscope, I suppose I could list my dislikes. (Given I am leaning towards liking the sound of the x7ii).

Dislike (Based on listening with iSine20, as its hard to draw comparison considering my last iems were Tralucent Ref1too which have a very unique signature, so pairings were quite different in preference, eg with Ref1 I loved the Cayin n6, with iSine20 I actually prefer the n5)

Dislike:
x3ii,
x5ii,
ak70

On the fence:
Mojo
x5iii
x7ii (Havent had enough time with it yet)
Sony PHA2a

Like:
Cayin n5
Meridian Explorer2
ALO CDM
iBasso DX80
Chord Hugo2

Sorry my list isn't extensive, however I owned most of my portable gear pre iSine and thus cannot really comment as stated above.

Aug 22, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #1,155 of 6,207
A little confrontational but not exactly untrue.

While not me under the microscope, I suppose I could list my dislikes. (Given I am leaning towards liking the sound of the x7ii).

Dislike (Based on listening with iSine20, as its hard to draw comparison considering my last iems were Tralucent Ref1too which have a very unique signature, so pairings were quite different in preference, eg with Ref1 I loved the Cayin n6, with iSine20 I actually prefer the n5)

Dislike:
x3ii,
x5ii,
ak70

On the fence:
Mojo
x5iii
x7ii (Havent had enough time with it yet)
Sony PHA2a

Like:
Cayin n5
Meridian Explorer2
ALO CDM
iBasso DX80
Chord Hugo2

Sorry my list isn't extensive, however I owned most of my portable gear pre iSine and thus cannot really comment as stated above.

Me and George get along fine. If it was a new member I might not have asked a question like that...though it is interesting at least and helpful to many at most. I appreciate you posting yours. Everything is not awesome or even good (in our opinions), I find the dislikes more interesting myself. People can extrapolate your true pref by your list if they are familiar with the gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back