FiiO X7 Mk II 2GB RAM + 64GB ROM + ESS9028 PRO + Balanced + DSD + BT 4.1 aptX + Dual mSD + Dual Band WiFi + Opt Out
Aug 20, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #1,127 of 6,207
Hi, Anyone using (trying...) resume on X7 mk2 ?

Mine doesn’t work (Last song setting), Btw, loving X7 mk2 !!! Damned it sounds sooo gooooood; clarity, separation, tone wise very similar to X7 1st with AM3 balanced but with a kind of more relaxed and natural yet energetic 3D soundstage

Regards

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #1,128 of 6,207

Mine doesn’t work (Last song setting), Btw, loving X7 mk2 !!! Damned it sounds sooo gooooood; clarity, separation, tone wise very similar to X7 1st with AM3 balanced but with a kind of more relaxed and natural yet energetic 3D soundstage

Regards
Dear friend,

The last song you were playing is from internal storage or external card1 or 2? Both Anroid mode and Pure Music mode?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 21, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #1,129 of 6,207
Dear friend,

The last song you were playing is from internal storage or external card1 or 2? Both Anroid mode and Pure Music mode?

Best regards

Hi!

I only tried in pure music mode, can’t precise on storage but most probable from external cards.

Will do some tests and report in a moment

Thanks for feedback!!
Regards

Edit:

Nope, tried Android and pure music, internal and external storage, no resume. Same cards and same music as on X7 1st and it was working fine, not in X7 2nd

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #1,131 of 6,207

Regards

Same issue on mine....seems if I "pause" long enough (maybe until screenlock timer?) while in playback it'll lose it's place...all music I'm playing on this right now is on a single sd card.

Also just need to chime in on the amazing sound this thing produces. I've been using mostly with balanced and SE846, amazing sound...it seems I get better results with hi gain on these. I can go low gain and say volume 60 and the low end just isn't as full as at high gain and volume at say 45. This doesn't seem consistent with what others have said with these iem's, but is how it is working with mine. Finally got a chance to listen to listen to this on he400i over the weekend (only se so far, will try balanced later). To drive the he400i I really had to up the level, in high gain, but wow is the detail incredible. For those phones I did have to eq down at 7 or 8k a few dB, but once the hump these phones suffer from was tamed a bit, it is really clear how neutral and, er, clear, this player is. Love it so far.

Aug 21, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #1,132 of 6,207
Hi

How do you find the X7ii with the SE846, presumably non-balanced? I've had them before, but with the Questyle QP1R, so no meaningful comparisons can be made.

Anyone have any suggestions for a shortlist of similarly priced IEM's?

Regards

Darren

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #1,133 of 6,207
Same issue on mine....seems if I "pause" long enough (maybe until screenlock timer?) while in playback it'll lose it's place...all music I'm playing on this right now is on a single sd card.

Also just need to chime in on the amazing sound this thing produces. I've been using mostly with balanced and SE846, amazing sound...it seems I get better results with hi gain on these. I can go low gain and say volume 60 and the low end just isn't as full as at high gain and volume at say 45. This doesn't seem consistent with what others have said with these iem's, but is how it is working with mine. Finally got a chance to listen to listen to this on he400i over the weekend (only se so far, will try balanced later). To drive the he400i I really had to up the level, in high gain, but wow is the detail incredible. For those phones I did have to eq down at 7 or 8k a few dB, but once the hump these phones suffer from was tamed a bit, it is really clear how neutral and, er, clear, this player is. Love it so far.

I mean the resume function where X7 continues playing the song or position within a song after a reboot/power-off. Hard to drive planar magnetic headphones with most DAPS, my X7 1st struggled to drive an Audeze LCD-2, high gain and volume to 120 on AM3 but didn’t surrender.

Regards

Aug 21, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #1,134 of 6,207
Hi

How do you find the X7ii with the SE846, presumably non-balanced? I've had them before, but with the Questyle QP1R, so no meaningful comparisons can be made.

Anyone have any suggestions for a shortlist of similarly priced IEM's?

Regards

Darren

The se 846's are nice with this. I am driving them balanced with a 3rd party cable, but they sound as good as I've ever had them sound. Previously played with lesser sources, either phone jack or phone digital=>JDS c5d I got good tone and imaging from the 846's, but much more now with the X7ii. The sound stage is significantly wider and instrument separation is much more distinct, even on the non-lossless tracks I played before buying this player. Still get great lows and mids and the milder Shure highs, but just a lot more detail with this player throughout the range. Good pairing for me.

Aug 21, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #1,135 of 6,207
I wanted to add to the thread that X7mkii should be on its way now! I have DX200 as well now, and man, does it sound good. Along with Opus #3, those three DAPs are probably the top choices of the moment :gs1000smile:

Can't wait to directly compare them with each other. So far, I'm really loving both #3 and DX200, after @Hawaiibadboy described DX200, I was a bit concerned, but I love the vividness in the textures and the energetic and clear sound.

Can't wait to hear X7mkii as well! Sabre DACs rule! :darthsmile:

Aug 21, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #1,136 of 6,207
The se 846's are nice with this. I am driving them balanced with a 3rd party cable, but they sound as good as I've ever had them sound. Previously played with lesser sources, either phone jack or phone digital=>JDS c5d I got good tone and imaging from the 846's, but much more now with the X7ii. The sound stage is significantly wider and instrument separation is much more distinct, even on the non-lossless tracks I played before buying this player. Still get great lows and mids and the milder Shure highs, but just a lot more detail with this player throughout the range. Good pairing for me.

I hate all of you! I now own a pair of SE846s in preparation for my X7. RIP my wallet.

Aug 21, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #1,138 of 6,207
Woah, those are really different from ie800

Hope both will make you happy though :darthsmile:

I have no idea what I am going to do with the IE800s. I got a pair of F9s and I was unable to discern a difference in quality (notwithstanding the difference in signature). Turns out my IE800s have never fit me correctly. I have ordered some Comply tips (which now have specific compatibility with the IE800) so I will see if that resolves things, otherwise they go up for sale! At this stage I vastly prefer the SE846 sound signature (using the bright/no material filter) even though I prefer neutral and the X5ii is already warm! Weird! I shall wait for the X7 so I can compare on that.

Aug 21, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #1,139 of 6,207
I have no idea what I am going to do with the IE800s. I got a pair of F9s and I was unable to discern a difference in quality (notwithstanding the difference in signature). Turns out my IE800s have never fit me correctly. I have ordered some Comply tips (which now have specific compatibility with the IE800) so I will see if that resolves things, otherwise they go up for sale! At this stage I vastly prefer the SE846 sound signature (using the bright/no material filter) even though I prefer neutral and the X5ii is already warm! Weird! I shall wait for the X7 so I can compare on that.

At least you're in for quite a lot of fun in there!

While you're at it, maybe you'll want to test RE-2000 from HiFiMAN or Xelento from Beyer :darthsmile:

Both sound quite intriguing.

Oh yes, X5ii is slightly warm, but it was never smooth. Curious how you'll find X7!

Sad to hear that ie800 never fit you correctly, they are one wonder in my heart, for some reason that sparkly treble is a lot for me.

Aug 21, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #1,140 of 6,207
At least you're in for quite a lot of fun in there!

While you're at it, maybe you'll want to test RE-2000 from HiFiMAN or Xelento from Beyer :darthsmile:

Both sound quite intriguing.

Oh yes, X5ii is slightly warm, but it was never smooth. Curious how you'll find X7!

Sad to hear that ie800 never fit you correctly, they are one wonder in my heart, for some reason that sparkly treble is a lot for me.

Sadly getting HiFiMAN anything here is next to impossible. Sennheiser and Shure are basically king...

I would imagine the IE800 pairs a lot better with the X7ii+AM3A than with the X5iii.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back